Web Master
Reaction score
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117975641.html?categoryid=13&cs=1#

Mark Wahlberg to star in 'Max'
Actor, Moore feel Fox's 'Payne'
By MICHAEL FLEMING

Mark Wahlberg
Wahlberg
Twentieth Century Fox has Mark Wahlberg in the crosshairs for "Max Payne," a live-action adaptation of the bestselling Rockstar videogame that will begin early next year. John Moore will direct.

Wahlberg is negotiating to play the titular cop who is haunted by the tragic loss of his family and has little regard for rules as he investigates a series of mysterious murders. He finds himself up against an adversary bent on destroying Max and the streets he protects.

The script was written by Beau Thorne. Julie Yorn is producing through Firm Films, along with Scott Faye.

Wahlberg will make the film after he completes "The Lovely Bones" for director Peter Jackson and DreamWorks. He recently starred for the studio in the M. Night Shyamalan-directed "The Happening," which will be released next summer.

Moore has directed "Behind Enemy Lines," "Flight of the Phoenix" and "The Omen" for Fox. He also is developing a live-action adaptation of the Virgin Comics title "Virulents" for Fox and New Regency.

Where did this come from?? I heard about a possible film years ago but never did i think they'd actually make it!

I cannot wait Marky Mark is one of my favourite actors and I know he'll do justice to the role.

A pretty decent choice. Probably would have preferred someone different, but he'd do the role justice.

I think he's a pretty good choice, not one I'd have thought of, but I got no complaints about him.

I remember when this was originally was going to be worked on by the guys behind "The Shield." I wish they would've stuck with the project, I think they would've been the perfect team for it.

he has the muscles. max pyne was never meant for oscars.
so lets see what happens. hes face is not sooooooo wrong.

I'm not saying he is a bad actor.I just do not know the story of Max Payne.I think he could pull it off though.

I wonder if they'll have lots of doped up skinheads running around yelling "SPANK, SPANK, SPANK!":woot:

悪魔天;13199418 said:
I'm not saying he is a bad actor.I just do not know the story of Max Payne.I think he could pull it off though.

Pretty standard cop stuff. Max Payne is a detective from New York who's wife and child are murdered, and is framed for a crime he didn't commit. It then becomes up to him to find the guys who set him up, and clear his name.

I want Max Payne 3 more. :csad:

what i dont get is why make a movie about this. as a game it was great. but its a standard 80's movie story.
IMO they will need to change something to make it mroe interesting.

If they combine the stories of Max Payne 1 and 2, they'd have a pretty decent plot.

I always wanted to play the Max Payne games, but I never got around to it... :(

-TNC

Mark Walhberg is a great choice. He has been excelling at crime dramas lately, so I'm all for it.

I always wanted to play the Max Payne games, but I never got around to it... :(

-TNC

If you have either a PS2 or an X-Box, you can get both games very cheap these days. I would call them a good investment.

I think Max Payne 2 would make a better story, but hopefully this makes some bank so we can see it. :up:

*Prays for Mona Sax to be in this*

Wahlberg plays a believable badass, good casting.
icon14.gif

If you have either a PS2 or an X-Box, you can get both games very cheap these days. I would call them a good investment.

Whaaat? Never that, get it on PC that was the best platform for this game, the console controls were too difficult.

Whaaat? Never that, get it on PC that was the best platform for this game, the console controls were too difficult.

I never had a problem. The graphics on the consoles are inferior to those of PC but other than that i had no problem with either of the games.

Although some parts of MP2 were ridiculously hard.

The game really isn't all that outrageous, so this could just be any random R-rated revenge cop flick. Even then i'd be interested.

excellent choice, i never played the sequel, wouldn't until i finished the first game, i never got round to doing that

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"