MCU Fight: Erik Killmonger Vs. Winter Soldier

Oh yeah it's close definitely with T'Challa having the edge just wouldn't say its enough of a trouncing to assume without the suit Killmonger takes it, plus this bit has always annoyed me lol I know they are superheroes but T'Challa's rib cage should have folded up like an accordion:funny:

But he is not normal. He's an enhanced very similar to Cap. Cap took punches like that, so T'Challa can.

But he is not normal. He's an enhanced very similar to Cap. Cap took punches like that, so T'Challa can.
I didn't see super human chest muscles in his list of powers lol I meant more in the sense he doesn't even look a little winded:funny:

Is it Suit-and-Panthered up Killmonger?
Cuz if not it's all Bucky all day every day

For me even just powered up Killmonger gives Bucky a good fight and possibly wins at times. T’Challa is at least the equal of Cap who has beaten Bucky hand to hand, and you could easily argue Killmonger has more combat experience than T’Challa.

With the suit, yeah a grenade launcher can send Panther flying as powerless Killmonger did in BP, but overall I think Killmonger has too much for Bucky.

Everyone keeps saying this but they're forgetting that suitless T'Challa gave WS the business in each of their scuffles in Civil War, he clowned him really.
That was not a fair fight. black panther was trying his hardest to kill him and Bucky was just defending himself.

we never saw Bucky go all out to fight anyone except for cap. the closest was when he almost took out ironman's arc reactor.

Wasn't Bucky in his Winter Soldier "kill mode" when they fought after Bucky pummeled Black Widow?
he was, but he was focused on getting to the rooftop.

He killed them because they were trying to stop him from getting to the rooftop which was the objective. it was easy to kill them because they weren't enhanced. bp was enhanced and wasn't easy to kill, so he just focused on getting away. My point was we never saw Bucky go all out with an enhanced opponent except for steve. Bucky never wanted to fight anyone in Civil War. the closest was when he fought Tony, which he had to because Tony was in his iron-man suit.

I'm going to have to give the edge to Bucky in a fight, only if he's in KILL mode. Killmonger's weakness was his arrogance and his need to toy with his foes. Had he killed T'Challa in the fight properly, and not thrown him to an ambiguous demise, he would have emerged victorious. Bucky in Kill mode would go for the kill. He wouldn't toy with him or go to show his superiority, he would look for one opening, slice through his jugular with his own vibranium claws, and be done with him. Bucky trying to be a hero and fight him would lose, not because of the overpowered suit EK would have, but because he just wouldn't fight dirty enough to win. Just my 2 cents.

I'm going to have to give the edge to Bucky in a fight, only if he's in KILL mode. Killmonger's weakness was his arrogance and his need to toy with his foes. Had he killed T'Challa in the fight properly, and not thrown him to an ambiguous demise, he would have emerged victorious. Bucky in Kill mode would go for the kill. He wouldn't toy with him or go to show his superiority, he would look for one opening, slice through his jugular with his own vibranium claws, and be done with him. Bucky trying to be a hero and fight him would lose, not because of the overpowered suit EK would have, but because he just wouldn't fight dirty enough to win. Just my 2 cents.
However the other Killmonger kill was just cold and calculated, not needed to get the ex King's followers to fall in line with the law. I am thinking that in combat without his nation that he wishes to lead as audience that the ex CIA/SEAL assassin is just as unemotional and to the point as the programmed ex Leviathan/Hydra one is.

Yeah, I give this to Kill mode Bucky - based on his fighting feats in TWS and CW.

When he was fighting T'Challa at the installation in zombie mode in CW, his mission goal was escape - which is just what he did. He wasn't interested in killing, as otherwise Tony, Natasha and Sharon would have likely been dead. When he fought T'Challa at the airport he wasn't trying to kill him either (and wasn't in Kill mode).

I think it's really unfortunate that EK and Klaue were killed off though, would have loved to see them as villains in future MCU films.

Last edited:
Yes Killmonger has his suit and Bucky has all of his guns, grenade launchers, and other fire arms.
Nothing is getting through that suit. Unless Bucky has some Wakandan mining tool bionic arm thing, or that tech that neutralizes vibranium.
Without the suit it's a great fight. Might even give it to Bucky. Mind control Winter Soldier is precise and focused. Kilmonger with the suit is a flawless victory to him.

Yeah, I give this to Kill mode Bucky - based on his fighting feats in TWS and CW.

When he was fighting T'Challa at the installation in zombie mode in CW, his mission goal was escape - which is just what he did. He wasn't interested in killing, as otherwise Tony, Natasha and Sharon would have likely been dead. When he fought T'Challa at the airport he wasn't trying to kill him either (and wasn't in Kill mode).

I think it's really unfortunate that EK and Klaue were killed off though, would have loved to see them as villains in future MCU films.

Whenever I use Winter Soldier in a battle he's in "kill mode", that's why I say "Winter Soldier" and not "Bucky".

His best feats and 90% of his overall fight scenes in the MCU are in kill mode. I like to use characters at the best of their abilities and Bucky is a limited version of Winter Soldier.

Despite Killmonger being the son of the almighty Apollo Creed I do believe Winter Soldier kicks everybody's ass in the MCU due to sheer coolness. The BP suit in not Killmonger's. It's an asset available under unique circumstances (like usurping Wakanda's throne). It's much like WS hacking the helicarrier's system and bringin' it down on Erik's head (suited or not). My vote goes to Winter Soldier.

If this is pre-Wakanda Killmonger, its an easy win for Bucky.

If Killmonger gets the herb, but is otherwise still unarmed, its a hard win for Bucky. They are physical peers, but Bucky has his cyborg arm and more experience.

If Killmonger also gets the full vibranium armor? Probably goes to Killmonger. He's largely immune to most things Bucky can do, and while there are ways Bucky could work around this ( disarm and turn one of his vibranium weapons against him, grapple and choke him out ), he probably won't get the chance against a foe that can match him physically.

It's really dependent on whether Killmonger has his vibranium suit. It shows in his GIF but not in the description of abilities.

That suit is extremely powerful. I think he wins this handily if he has it.

No suit? Winter Soldier might take it.

What about Killer Bucky with the shield vs. Killmonger in his pretty gold suit??

for anyone saying winter soldier has no way to kill him read the bold print

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"