MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Vision

Mjölnir;36496915 said:
I don't really think the parts where he's left out matter much since those cases have plenty of heroes left out. I also think it's quite fitting for Vision to not be interested in fighting any of the other Avengers unless absolutely necessary.

I don't know, I've seen a few parodies joking about how Vision could've solved all their problems if he wasn't conveniently absent/holding back:
https://youtu.be/fvLw021rVN0?t=26s

Storywise it's hard to imagine Vision in Ragnarok though, it'd make it more of an Avengers film than a Thor/Hulk team up. Not sure why Thor would bring him along searching for Odin. Not sure what they could do with him on Sakaar besides making him a gladiator. The final battle would feel a bit less against the odds with Vision there and then we'd start Infinity War with two Infinity Stones on the asgardian ship.

Neither has what it takes to beat the other so I say it's a stalemate on second thought vision could probably phase through thor's chest and then harden to destroy his heart

Last edited:
Thör-El;36499191 said:
I don't know, I've seen a few parodies joking about how Vision could've solved all their problems if he wasn't conveniently absent/holding back:
https://youtu.be/fvLw021rVN0?t=26s

Storywise it's hard to imagine Vision in Ragnarok though, it'd make it more of an Avengers film than a Thor/Hulk team up. Not sure why Thor would bring him along searching for Odin. Not sure what they could do with him on Sakaar besides making him a gladiator. The final battle would feel a bit less against the odds with Vision there and then we'd start Infinity War with two Infinity Stones on the asgardian ship.

If Vision has to be there, then why aren't Iron Man and War Machine there? Any extra member would have made it easier, apart from that the three missing are the most conspicuous. The Avengers are clearly working in a way where they split up and don't have the entire team work on every task.

It's not like capturing Rumlow is the kind of mission that you'd expect to require all the combined might of the Avengers. They also had the wrong intel on what Rumlow was doing, so they thought the situation was much less dire than it actually was.

Mjölnir;36500969 said:
It's not like capturing Rumlow is the kind of mission that you'd expect to require all the combined might of the Avengers. They also had the wrong intel on what Rumlow was doing, so they thought the situation was much less dire than it actually was.

I'd have bought it if they had a line saying Vision was off on another mission but since they didn't it's a bit of a plot hole.
Logically they'd bring him and have overwhelming force to catch Hydra with rather than giving the most powerful guy on the team a day off to give Rumlow a fighting chance.

Neither has what it takes to beat the other so I say it's a stalemate on second thought vision could probably phase through thor's chest and then harden to destroy his heart
A bit out of character but yeah it's probably Vision's best bet. Vision's never tried a phase attack against anyone this durable though and I'm not sure he could get close enough if Thor's surrounded by his own personal lightning storm.

Last edited:
Thör-El;36501607 said:
I'd have bought it if they had a line saying Vision was off on another mission but since they didn't it's a bit of a plot hole.
Logically they'd bring him and have overwhelming force to catch Hydra with rather than giving the most powerful guy on the team a day off to give Rumlow a fighting chance.

I don't need them to spell everything out to me as long as they aren't contradicting what would make sense (and I think there needs to be a direct error for it to be a plot hole, otherwise it's at most a plot convenience), and I think they already had overwhelming force for catching Rumlow for what they thought he was doing (which was to attack a police station).

To me it becomes a case of that if I don't think those Avengers are up to that task of catching Rumlow then most of them should be kicked out since they aren't good for anything.

I wouldn't object to Vision, Iron Man and/or War Machine being there, but I just do think that this was a minor mission on the Avengers scale.

I have been thinking, is it impossible now to dodge Thor's lightning?

Before when he would blast it from his hammer, he would more or less aim it. But in Ragnarok, he summoned 3 small bolts of lightning to fry three moving Asgardians. It's like the lightning can strike anywhere Thor wills it, instantly.

Wouldn't this negate any speed or mobilitt advantage any character may have against Thor?

I have been thinking, is it impossible now to dodge Thor's lightning?

Before when he would blast it from his hammer, he would more or less aim it. But in Ragnarok, he summoned 3 small bolts of lightning to fry three moving Asgardians. It's like the lightning can strike anywhere Thor wills it, instantly.

Wouldn't this negate any speed or mobilitt advantage any character may have against Thor?

I would say that it would negate any speed advantage of any character that moves slower than the speed at which Lightning travels, which is roughly 1/3 the speed of Light. However, this would be the speed once the lightning begins to flash towards the opponent. The prep time to make the Lightning bolt is considerably slower, but still extremely quick at 1/ 3000th the speed of light. But even with the additional slow down of creating the lightning it still is quicker than any current MCU character is capable of Moving. It would most likely take Thor longer to think of the attack than actually to carry it out.

Surfer

Last edited:
After some thought I had to go with Thor. He simply has more feats but with more movie appearances Vision may have took this one in the future.

I would say that it would negate any speed advantage of any character that moves slower than the speed at which Lightning travels, which is roughly 1/3 the speed of Light. However, this would be the speed once the lightning begins to flash towards the opponent. The prep time to make the Lightning bolt is considerably slower, but still extremely quick at 1/ 3000th the speed of light. But even with the additional slow down of creating the lightning it still is quicker than any current MCU character is capable of Moving. It would most likely take Thor longer to think of the attack than actually to carry it out.

Surfer

To further my above comment, the speed at which lightning can be created and then strike combined would be at a approximate speed of 559,406,038 MPS.

Surfer

Who even is the fastest character still alive in the MCU at this point?

Thör-El;36504185 said:
Who even is the fastest character still alive in the MCU at this point?

Well, I would say Vision, because he can fly or move while being intangable, meaning no resistance or drag. Like a rocket traveling in space versus earths atmosphere. Also, given his power level even if slightly below Thor's makes me feel like the source of his power being the Infinity Stone would be able to propel himself quicker then Tony's Arc Reactor. Of course this is all speculative though, and of course Quicksilver / Pietro Maximoff is no longer alive, but was the quickest for his short appearance in the MCU. Part of me wishes they would bring him back during the events of Infinity War to give him more development, but part of me doesn't because I know that bringing back people from the dead makes the events of their death feel less dramatic. Especially, in this case because there was a Sacrifice involved, but still there is part of me thats saddened by the thought of feeling I will never see that character again. It's going to be even harder if characters like Iron Man and Captain America disappear from the MCU. Well anyways, getting off subject, but my thought for the fastest MCU character currently alive, would be Vision.

Surfer

Last edited:
Well, I would say Vision, because he can fly or move while being intangible, meaning no resistance or drag. Like a rocket traveling in space versus earths atmosphere. Also, given his power level even if slightly below Thor's makes me feel like the source of his power being the Infinity Stone would be able to propel himself quicker then Tony's Arc Reactor.

Yeah, makes sense. Teleporting sorcerers aside Vision or Iron Man are a pretty safe bet for travel speed.

I'm not sure about combat speed/reaction times though, Vision/Cap/Panther/Thor etc all just have vaguely superhuman speed that isn't their main power. Yoyo from Agents of Shield's the only real speedster out there.

Thör-El;36504391 said:
Yeah, makes sense. Teleporting sorcerers aside Vision or Iron Man are a pretty safe bet for travel speed.

I'm not sure about combat speed/reaction times though, Vision/Cap/Panther/Thor etc all just have vaguely superhuman speed that isn't their main power. Yoyo from Agents of Shield's the only real speedster out there.

Yeah, totally forgot about YoYo Rodriguez. I agree she would currently have the fastest combat speed.

Surfer

In regards to Thor's lightning. He could in theory continuosly spam Vision with lightning from the sky, and as soon as he gets close, thunder punch him. Space, lightning, thunder punch, repeat.

Lol Ragnarok had Thor out here using Pokemon moves, he used Thunder Punch, Bolt Strike, Thunder, Thunder Shock, and Thunderbolt.

In regards to Thor's lightning. He could in theory continuosly spam Vision with lightning from the sky, and as soon as he gets close, thunder punch him. Space, lightning, thunder punch, repeat.

But that is not his fighting style. Even when he was fighting Hela on the Rainbow Bridge after he realized his power, he wasn't doing that to her.

Thör-El;36516683 said:
It looks more like he went Super Saiyan to me.

Super Saiyan 2 actually, but I'm saying his actual attacks looked like Pokemon moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"