MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Hulk

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
Last week there was a large influx of votes in a matter of hours that seemed to come from people tampering with the battle process. So from now on all votes will be public and available for all to view, just click on the votes to view who voted.

We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Thor and Hulk belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up.

THOR Vs. HULK

thor-ragnarok-trailer.gif

n6TZlDK.gif

THOR

- Superhuman Strength: As an Asgardian, specifically the son of Odin, Thor is the third strongest Asgardian alive, apart from Odin and his elder sister Hela. He can lift or move immensely heavy objects effortlessly, such as when he was able to easily catch a falling car with one arm during Battle of Sokovia, saving the family trapped inside. He can also easily crush extremely durable objects - such as Iron Man's gauntlets. Thor was even able to tear space ships apart with his bare hands during his escape from Sakaar and held the upperhand while grappling with the Hulk during their gladiator battle.

-Superhuman Reflexes: Thor can react and dodge objects traveling at high speeds, with him blocking many differences kinds of weapons with his hammer such as Dark Elf lasers and Chitauri lasers.

- Superhuman Durability: Thor possesses nigh-invulnerability, including resistance to powerful energy blasts, immense blunt force trauma, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces. He withstood the extreme cold of Jotunheim, the extreme heat of Muspelheim, survived a direct near point-blank range blast from Gungnir blasting him out of Odin's chamber, and falling several hundred feet to the ground, showing no visible signs of injury. Thor withstood a 400%-charged repulsor blast from Iron Man.

Regenerative Healing Factor: Due to his Asgardian physiology, Thor is able to heal at a rate much faster than a normal human. After the brutal beating he suffered from Kurse, upon arriving to Earth several minutes later, he had nearly completely recovered from his bleeding wounds. While fighting Hela, Thor was painfully pierced multiple times by her Necroswords, getting his right eye gouged out in the process, and while Thor was unable to regenerate his eye, he recovered from all of the stabs mere minutes later, despite the Warriors Three all perishing from a single stab from Hela each.

- Weather Manipulation: Thor displayed the ability to manipulate parts of the weather even before he lost his hammer to Hela. His focus always seemed to be somewhere else, so whenever events of him displaying his power occurred his mind was elsewhere. Among them was when he was able to keep rain from touching Jane Foster as a downpour occurred, and when he began to generate sparks of lightning from his hands after becoming furious. He began to unlock the full potential of his abilities during his encounter with Hela, now being able to generate rather large storm clouds and create thunder.

- Lightning Manipulation: Thor can generate, control and project electrical energy, with him thus being dubbed the "God of Thunder". Following Odin's death, Thor's electrokinetic powers are further enhanced to the point where he could generate electrical energy from his own body and summon thunder and lightning from the sky, without the use of Mjølnir. Indeed, Thor's generated lightning bolts were powerful enough to take down a Chitauri Leviathan, to blacken an Aether-enhanced Malekith, to send an enraged Hulk flying back, and to even temporarily stun Hela herself, all with a single respective blast. Additionally, he could pull enemies towards him using lightning and he was able to destroy a proportion of Rainbow Bridge that Hela was standing on.

-Mjølnir: Due to the enchantments placed upon the mystical hammer, Thor was granted the ability to focus his innate mystical abilities and harness them. It allowed him to easily harness his dominion over thunder and lightning and that allowed for several other sub-abilities to follow suit.

HULK

- Superhuman Strength: Hulk´s primary power is his immense superhuman strength. Hulk's strength increases with his anger, thus making it essentially Immeasurable. His incredible strength allows him to rip steel apart as if it were made of paper, to break vehicles with a punch, stop a speeding Humvee in its tracks by stomping it into the ground, leave a dent after punching a wall made of an extremely durable silicon-carbide Vibranium alloy, kill a massive Leviathan with a single punch, or do a powerful thunderclap to stop a military helicopter from blowing up, saving Betty and her father in the process. In combat, Hulk often uses his strength to throw heavy objects (like cars and forklift trucks, for example) or his smaller opponents in order to defeat his enemies, such as when Hulk threw a human-sized Emil Blonsky more than 40 feet away with a single kick or when he hurled Loki around repeatedly while holding him by the leg.

- Super Leaps: Hulk's strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to leap great distances, such as when he traveled from Brazil to Guatemala in a single night, covering at least from 1500 to 1600 miles in over 7 to 10 hours, or great heights with precision, such as when reached the top of Stark Tower from ground level in a single leap, or when he caught Iron Man in mid-fall when Stark came back through the Wormhole over New York City.

- Superhuman Durability: Hulk is able to withstand blows and attacks of considerable force; even high caliber bullets bounce off him and flames cause him little damage. His bone, skin, and muscles have an extreme density and he possesses a high degree of resistance to injury, pain, and disease. Hulk also withstood multiple energy blasts from Chitauri weaponry, extreme cold in the Arctic, great impacts from heights of several miles (though the impact knocked him unconscious, forcing him to revert back into Banner). In addition, Iron Man noted the amount of gamma radiation Banner was exposed to would have killed him if it had not given him the ability to transform into Hulk. Only beings with incredible force or extremely powerful weapons can harm him.

- Superhuman stamina: Hulk has substantially greater endurance than a normal human, allowing him to run and fight for a long time. His enraged state, during a fight, allows him to maintain peak output for hours on end and still continue to become even stronger as his anger escalates.

- Superhuman speed: Regardless of his size, Hulk's superhuman strength of his legs allow him to run at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of a human being. He also possesses enhanced reflexes and agility proportionate to his size, but his large size can still be exploited by smaller foes to use to their advantage.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS
GREEN CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING UP THE TIER LIST
ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING DOWN THE TIER LIST
RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu

Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone

Surtur Prime

Ego The Living Planet

Odin

Doctor Strange (w/ time gem)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale)]

Hela

Ronan with the Power Stone

Kurse

Fenris

Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Thanos

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)

Thor

Hulk

Ghost Rider

Hulk Buster Iron Man

Abomination

Doctor Strange

Malekith (W/ reality gem)

Ancient One

Vision

The Destroyer Armor

Giant Man

Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level)

Aldrich Killian

Valkyrie

Drax the Destroyer

Ronan

Loki

Iron Monger

Scarlet Witch

Whiplash

War Machine

Quake

Malekith

Heimdall

Sif

Hogun

Fandral

Volstagg

Korath The Pursuer

Groot

Killgrave

Yondu

Lash

Hive

Frigga

Pepper Potts with Extremis

Mantis

Skurge

Korg

Baron Mordo

Master Wong

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther

Captain America

Gamora

Spiderman

Winter Soldier

Vulture

Red Skull

Crossbones

Falcon

Quicksilver

Starlord

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Jessica Jones

Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)

Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)

Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)

Madame Gao

Mr. Hyde

Slingshot

Aida

Raina

Deathlok

The Patriot

Carl Creed the Absorbing Man

Lorelei

Nebula

Miek

Ant Man

Yellow Jacket

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)

Daredevil

Black Widow

Rocket Racoon

Hawkeye

Elektra

Punisher

Coleen Wing

Batroc the Leaper

Shocker

Kingpin

Nobu

Diamondback

Bakuto

Peggy Carter

Sharon Carter Agent 13

Dum Dum Dugan

Mocking Bird

Maria Hill

Misty Knight

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Phil Coulson

Zemo
*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the results. Spread the word.

Last edited:
I have to go with Thor on this one.

The poll takes Hulk as we've sen him and puts him against a better version of Thor than we've ever seen in the MCU, as his list of abilities go with his Ragnarok lightning powers but adds Mjolnir on top of that. That makes the choice fairly easy.

It's also important to remember that the MCU has no definitive signs of Hulk having unlimited strength as he gets angrier. We've seen him get stronger, but so has other heroes as it's pretty much the hero's comeback trope.

If we go by encounters they've had, the first one had an enraged Hulk going against a Thor that was holding back due to the environment, and because he could recognize that Banner is really an ally. Inconclusive finish, with Hulk having the upper hand as it ends but neither looking done.

The second is a much better display as both guys seem to go about as hard as they can. Hulk comes across as the stronger of the two, but Thor shows greater skill, also incredible strength and, later on, clearly the greatest power. Both guys have insane durability, but Hulk is rocked hard three times to Thor's one (he doesn't really look groggy but I'm counting it when he's stuck in Hulk's ground n pound). Again an inconclusive finish, but with Thor looking clearly superior at the end.

Looking at feats outside their fights with each other I'd say that the clearly biggest displays of power has been Thor's lightning, whether it be exploding leviathans in The Avengers, destroying the vibranium engine of Sokovia in AoU, or summoning a real comic book monster blast in Ragnarok. Those are the most powerful parts of any hero in the MCU as I see it.

It's a top powerhouse fight every time and it will always be an incredibly tough fight for both, but when we look at the feats we've seen in the MCU Thor does have the upper hand and that's enough to get my vote. As I commented on earlier, the poll even adds Mjolnir to the most powerful version of Thor so that just further cements my choice.

Still Hulk for me, as we have seen in several fights, even when Hulk is on the back foot in a fight his powers eventually start to kick in, this even happened in the Ragnorak fight when Thor was using that Hammer type weapon, he was knocking Hulk around with it until Hulk got pissed off enough stop it dead and counter.

The same could have happened had the fight continued but we will never know.

Still Hulk for me, as we have seen in several fights, even when Hulk is on the back foot in a fight his powers eventually start to kick in, this even happened in the Ragnorak fight when Thor was using that Hammer type weapon, he was knocking Hulk around with it until Hulk got pissed off enough stop it dead and counter.

The same could have happened had the fight continued but we will never know.

My main man.

Thor.

Thor hit Hulk so hard he had no clue where he was, and that was without Mjolnir. In the movie he let Hulk off because he didn't want to hurt him, but instead throw a huge lightning blast, like the one that sent Hela falling motionless to the ground, on the groggy Hulk and it's finito.

Voted for The “God of Hammers” in the other vote and did so again in this vote!
I’ve been a member for several years and like to vote on the polls that interest me but rarely will comment in the respective threads, however since there is a possibility of tampering in the previous voting thread I’ll comment on my vote to legitimize it.

Thor.

Thor hit Hulk so hard he had no clue where he was, and that was without Mjolnir. In the movie he let Hulk off because he didn't want to hurt him, but instead throw a huge lightning blast, like the one that sent Hela falling motionless to the ground, on the groggy Hulk and it's finito.

He could have done it too, the arena didn't even have a roof. :yay:

Still Thor. What we saw in Ragnarok is pretty straightforward, as movie fights go, but I think more than that, Hulk's ace in the hole is his increasing strength, and him falling to the Hulkbuster really cements the idea that he can be put to sleep before he gets strong enough, and that strength growth isn't nearly as quick as it is in comics sometimes, or even in the AngHulk. We see bits of it in Thor's first fight with Hulk on the helicarrier actually, as the fight continues, Thor's advantage starts to erode, with the fight being interrupted just before Thor loses his advantage. Thor's abilities have increased so much since then, it's almost not funny.

Before Ragnarok I would have voted Hulk. That film definitely made me reevaluate the situation and make it much tougher to decide. Last poll I voted Thor, but not really convinced either way. After reading AVEITWITHJAMON's reasons for voting Hulk I find myself agreeing completely.

Hulk for me.

Have to stick with Thor here. Based on his previous appearances, Hulk would have been a clearer choice in my mind but the events of Ragnarok have shifted that perception.

Thor wins post-Ragnarok, Hulk wins pre-Ragnarok. Vote goes to Thor.

Before Ragnarok I would have voted Hulk. That film definitely made me reevaluate the situation and make it much tougher to decide. Last poll I voted Thor, but not really convinced either way. After reading AVEITWITHJAMON's reasons for voting Hulk I find myself agreeing completely.

Hulk for me.

:up:

I have a hard time seeing Hulk get angrier than he was in Age of Ultron. He was completely rabid so that should really be as strong as he gets from that.

For me I feel their physical strength is close with things leaning towards Hulk being superior here, and progressively leaning towards Hulk as he becomes more angry. But fights are about a lot more then strength alone, otherwise the strongest weight lifters would be champions in the MMA or Boxing, but they are not. In the end Strength does not necessarilly equate to a great fighter. So, with that in mind Thor is clearly the superior fighter and warrior by quite a bit. Sure Hulk can Smash when he connects, but I would say Thor would mostly dance around his blows. I really feel like Thor was getting knocked around mostly in the beginning of the Ragnarock battle because he was trying to talk Hulk down, but once he realized that was useless I think it was mostly a one sided fight from that point forward until the Grand Master intervened. Thats not to say Hulk didn't get in any other good hits, but I just didn't feel they had any impact on Thor, where as I felt Thor's hits were definitely effecting Hulk. So, with that said I really feel if the fight had continued we would have had Thor standing over a defeated Hulk. But of course what they did is much better, because now it leaves fans with the ability to debate this topic for a long time to come.

Surfer

I still vote Thor.

We know from their Ragnarok fight that he's faster, a more skilled warrior and he has the durability/healing factor to take a raging Hulk's repeat blows without being knocked out. Whilst a sufficiently angry Hulk has a definite edge in raw strength I think mjolnir/lightning more than balance that out.

In both their fights in the MCU Thor's held back and tried to reason with Hulk because he didn't want to destroy the helicarrier/his friend Banner's in there. That won't happen here. If a pre-Ragnarok Thor with mjolnir goes all out from the beginning like he did against the Ice Giants/Destroyer/Sokovian meteor/Surtur then I don't like Hulk's chances. If post-Ragnarok Thor goes all out with the lightning punches that we've already seen overpower/stun an enraged Hulk and the lightning storm that knocked out Hela/tore through an army of undead Asgardians then I don't think Hulk has a chance.

Last edited:
For me I feel their physical strength is close with things leaning towards Hulk being superior here, and progressively leaning towards Hulk as he becomes more angry. But fights are about a lot more then strength alone, otherwise the strongest weight lifters would be champions in the MMA or Boxing, but they are not. In the end Strength does not necessarilly equate to a great fighter.

Boom :up:

I have a hard time seeing Hulk get angrier than he was in Age of Ultron. He was completely rabid so that should really be as strong as he gets from that.

He was more panicked than angry. If we ever get to see MCU Hulk approach the outer edge of his strength, it will take something like the death of Black Widow. When Caiera died in the comics and Hulk blamed the Illuminati, several characters (Dr.Strange and Professor X among them) said that they had never seen the Hulk as angry as he was then. I think seeing MCU Hulk out for blood would make for a great movie, but I doubt that Marvel Studios would go there after watching Hulk and Thor bury the hatchet shortly after their Sakaar battle.

He was more panicked than angry. If we ever get to see MCU Hulk approach the outer edge of his strength, it will take something like the death of Black Widow. When Caiera died in the comics and Hulk blamed the Illuminati, several characters (Dr.Strange and Professor X among them) said that they had never seen the Hulk as angry as he was then. I think seeing MCU Hulk out for blood would make for a great movie, but I doubt that Marvel Studios would go there after watching Hulk and Thor bury the hatchet shortly after their Sakaar battle.

Yeah I think I'm tired of seeing Hulk fight other heroes.

Yeah I think I'm tired of seeing Hulk fight other heroes.

It's a really cool concept when used sparingly, but it can become passé very quickly. Avengers Assemble leaned on that gimmick constantly in their first 3 seasons. After seeing the episode where Cap & Iron Man had to bring down Winter Soldier Hulk :ikyn, I knew the show needed to let that plot device rest for a long time.

It's a really cool concept when used sparingly, but it can become passé very quickly. Avengers Assemble leaned on that gimmick constantly in their first 3 seasons. After seeing the episode where Cap & Iron Man had to bring down Winter Soldier Hulk :ikyn, I knew the show needed to let that plot device rest for a long time.

Hahahahahahaha hell yeah.

Okay pre Ragnarok Thor without Mjolnir, Hulk wins

Pre Ragnarok Thor with Mjolnir, Thor wins....just

Post Ragnarok Thor, Thor wins.

I still think Hulk is probably stronger and more durable, but Thor is a much more skillful fighter. Add his lightning punches to that and Thor takes this handily.

Yep I definitely don't think AOU Hulk was him at his angriest/strongest, he was more confused and panicky than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"