MCU going forward

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
I mean after Thanos is defeated, can the MCU really continue after Thanos? I mean The Avengers may as well go their separate ways and have their own solo standalone films now going forward because it seems that the Avengers franchise will most likely end after Infinity War and Avengers 4.

So I mean the next phase most likely will have X-Men and Fantastic Four especially now that they are under the Marvel/Disney umbrella under Feige

However, I wonder about other heroes too in the universe going forward like Blade and Ghost Rider? Moon Knight?

I mean after Thanos is defeated, can the MCU really continue after Thanos? I mean The Avengers may as well go their separate ways and have their own solo standalone films now going forward because it seems that the Avengers franchise will most likely end after Infinity War and Avengers 4.

I was wondering this too, whether any clue had been given on their future direction. After all this build to Infinity War where could they go once it's done? I'm more a DC guy than Marvel so I don't know if there are any CB storylines that would be a natural follow-on, but maybe rather than try for something even bigger/grander the sensible thing would actually be to concentrate on solo films with just maybe the occasional team-up :shrug:

Once the Fox deal is approved, MCU will gain two very powerful villains that they can use in the Avengers sequels: Doctor Doom and Galactus. They also have Kang the Conqueror they can use and maybe The Beyonder too, but Doom and Galactus would be a worthy follow-up from Thanos.

Doom. Galactus. Silver Surfer. Fantastic Four. Mutants.

It's time.

The only place to go after Thanos is Doctor Doom...Victor Von Doom as the next big bad of the universe

The only place to go after Thanos is Doctor Doom...Victor Von Doom as the next big bad of the universe

Galactus, Kang, Annihilus are also possibilities for further Avengers sequels. Plus there's always the chance they bring back Ultron and Thanos much further down the line.

Then in that case I would go Kang for Avengers 5 and Galactus is for 6

Once the Fox deal is approved, MCU will gain two very powerful villains that they can use in the Avengers sequels: Doctor Doom and Galactus. They also have Kang the Conqueror they can use and maybe The Beyonder too, but Doom and Galactus would be a worthy follow-up from Thanos.

Doom, Kang and Galactus could be Phase 4, 5 and 6 main villains.

Just thinking about the possibilities gets me as giddy as a kid walking into a toy store. So much potential. :hmr:

Kang the Conquer: Time travel war!
Right now, my money is on Doom. He is so iconic, and with how he interacts with so many of the characters who are hitting the big leagues (Black Panther, for example), it seems like an easy fit for the MCU.

Push the Fantastic Four with him as well. The good times are going to keep rolling.

The possibilities are endless. Doom, Kang, Galactus, Annihilus, Skrulls, MCU Mags, MCU Apocalypse, Sinister, etc.

Not to mention Spidey's rogues which can be used as bigger players/threats.

The Beyonder for Secret Wars

Last edited:
There is no rush to have another avengers film just yet. Give it a break for five years or so. Build up new characters, maybe a cameo or two from the originals.

Has to be Doom or Galactus , right ??

MCU going forward will have X-Men, Deadpool, FF - that edition to the MCU will be huge and keeping it fresh. But they are running out of A-Listers to use at this point.

I hope they keep focus on Ant-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and Captain Marvel going forward before we get way into mutant stuff / FF.

At this point they can do X-Men solo movies and bring them together for an X-Men movie. That would interesting if they can do that, but I doubt it since they easily did Guardians of the Galaxy which was a debut team movie and it worked well.

I'm actually down for more anthology based stories. Less of an emphasis on everything connecting.

Give me a completely random Asgardian swords and sorcery story. A Nova space cop adventure. Elsa Bloodstone supernatural horror action. Power pack kids movie.

I'm actually down for more anthology based stories. Less of an emphasis on everything connecting.

Give me a completely random Asgardian swords and sorcery story. A Nova space cop adventure. Elsa Bloodstone supernatural horror action. Power pack kids movie.

Don't mock the power of the MCU, the connection is part of the draw. The shared history of quality making one want to see every chapter. Showing the Infinity War trailer with the Wakadans leading the charge had the added benefit of pumping up the Black Panther movie being the latest example.

James Gunn sort of addressed this topic in his twitter feed a while back. (I wish I could find it now, but, you know, it was a tweet from like a year ago) He feels that this assumption, that sequels must create ever grander conflicts with ever greater stakes, is wrong and has sunk a lot of franchises. He instead thinks sequels should evolve the situations the characters face and force them to evolve in turn. I agree with him.

In the context of Avengers films, putting the heroes in a different situation from past ones shouldn't be too difficult:

1. Avengers -- the team learns about the power of friendship.

2. Age of Ultron -- the Avengers face their fears and gain strength from confronting them.

3. Civil War -- Steve and Tony can't get along, so they have to be separated for a little while.

I suppose repeating those situations will be tempting, but the plots of MCU films have been getting more complex ("T'Challa realizes Eric is right about helping outsiders, but also recognizes he's too hurt to do so in a healthy way" is probably the first of these movies that would be too involved to turn into a Paw Patrol episode) so I'm not too worried.

I have no fear that the MCU will continue after Thanos - there are other villains out there that can pose a threat to Earth; it doesn't have to be all galactic intervention (per Thanos). The Avengers exist to protect Earth, or Avenge it should Earth fall.

There are ample villains out there that want to corrupt, destroy, or enslave humanity. The Avengers still have more than enough to contend with going forwards.

They said they're kind of moving away from the big bad model, so I expect while certainly a guy like Doom may be in multiple things, it won't be leading to a mega super terrific crossover event of the ages type thing.

I actually wouldn't mind an opposing team, rather than an opposing bad guy.

If we think about it, the actual villain behind Avengers 1 was Loki; the Chitauri was essentially cannon fodder to be expendable. Avengers 2 gave us Ultron, and again an expendable army of drones.

Each of the solo films has likewise has a single core bad guy. I'd like to see a team of equally important villains (like the Rogues of DC's Flash) get together in an attempt to defeat the Avengers.

Unfortunately, short of the Sinister Six (who are a villain group to Spider-Man) I don't actually know of any other groups, though I'm sure the MCU could conjure up their own Sinister Six from a collection of names within the comics; six individuals that, together, prove worthy competitors to the Avengers.

It wouldn't be too bad if, aside from Loki, some of the other villains in the MCU were fleshed out a bit, as they could be reused, and we'd have some sort of backstory for them, but as it stands, they've all been one-shot, and it would seemingly feel a bit cheap and convenient to merely throw a group of bad guys together that we otherwise can't remotely related too.

I actually wouldn't mind an opposing team, rather than an opposing bad guy.

If we think about it, the actual villain behind Avengers 1 was Loki; the Chitauri was essentially cannon fodder to be expendable. Avengers 2 gave us Ultron, and again an expendable army of drones.

Each of the solo films has likewise has a single core bad guy. I'd like to see a team of equally important villains (like the Rogues of DC's Flash) get together in an attempt to defeat the Avengers.

Unfortunately, short of the Sinister Six (who are a villain group to Spider-Man) I don't actually know of any other groups, though I'm sure the MCU could conjure up their own Sinister Six from a collection of names within the comics; six individuals that, together, prove worthy competitors to the Avengers.

It wouldn't be too bad if, aside from Loki, some of the other villains in the MCU were fleshed out a bit, as they could be reused, and we'd have some sort of backstory for them, but as it stands, they've all been one-shot, and it would seemingly feel a bit cheap and convenient to merely throw a group of bad guys together that we otherwise can't remotely related too.

The Masters of Evil were the "Evil Avengers" in the comics. They may try and change the name or something, but they are your villain Avengers.

The Masters of Evil were the "Evil Avengers" in the comics. They may try and change the name or something, but they are your villain Avengers.
Thanks for the resource; there's quite a few of these guys in various incarnations of the team, aren't there? obviously there's now a few shortages, most notably Ulysses Klaw, Yellow-jacket and the Executioner (Skurge).

I wouldn't mind a team consisting of the following:

• Moonstone
  • Blackout
  • Absorbing Man
  • Scorpion
  • Firebrand
  • Madcap
  • Tiger Shark
  • Taskmaser
  • Whiplash (he's still alive, right?)
  • Vengeance
  • Namor
  • Skein
  • Quicksand
  • M'Baku (eventually?)
  • Joystick
  • Aquaduct
  • Dragonfly
  • Titania
  • Songbird
  • Black Mamba

Obviously that's quite an extensive line-up, so the writers would have to pick and choose, and for some, there could be more a redemption arc involved; other members could be there against their will (etc).

They'd definitely need to change the team name though! :loco:

Could always just call themselves The Masters. That would work.

From an MCU point of view, I think I'd rather have a variation of the Sinister Six (or Seven?) initiated by Doc Oc that starts with Spider-Man and eventually requires the assistance of the Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"