Medal Of Honor: Warfighter

Reaction score
These are scanned screenshots from the next Call Of Duty like game most of you will probably end up buying. It uses the frostbite 2 engine, which looked great on pc's and ok on consoles, so mentioning this is pretty irrelivant as most of you will probably be playing on consoles. The hype around the engine will work though, so I suppose it actually is relivant. Either way, this is a Medal Of Honor game in which peoples faces are blanked out because it is so realistic in nature. It is called warfighter because you are in a war and fight. It has some weird foreign language so unless you know it or can get a translation, or care enough to get a translation for the ground breaking, deep emotionally involving story or complex gameplay elements, enjoy looking at these pictures.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank god DICE isnt involved this time. I actually enjoyed the single player in the last one but it was like 4 hours long if that. The dice developed multiplayer was god awful though.

Never did play the last MoH. I own and still play BF3 regularly, so I'm not seeing much that'll draw me to this series. Ill keep an eye on it for sure tho.

Did the screenshots get removed or something? I'm not seeing anything. Either way, no FPS has ever been more immersive to me than MOH: Allied Assault. Probably because I was young and my imagination really put me there, but that experience is hands down the best I've had, so I'm looking forward to it.

Allied Assault was incredible back in the day. There's a reason why nearly every other WWII game cribbed heavily from it.

Back then when I played that I impressed by scriptesds equences. Halflife was probably the first game to "wow" in that regard and the idea of in-game scripted sequences back then was far far more impressive than it is now. I think the diffrence was though, Halflife was a great game with great gameplay to back it up. It used scripted sequences wisely. This, in retrospect, actually wasn't all that great a game. When you take away the scripted sequences, there really isn't all that much there. Same with Call Of Duty. From a gameplay standpoint, while halflife fused it with the gameplay quite coherneclty to enhance rather than restrict gameplay these types of games tend to over-write the gameplay.

Half-Life, you mentioned Half-Life in one of your posts. Breaking news people. Spock mentioned Half-Life in one of his posts.

Well, it's true. If you were playing first person shooters in 1998, scripted sequences was a pretty huge thing. If you weren't, then it's probably just taken as something obligatory.

The last game had one good level. Instead of spending £40 on this I might as well just replay that one. Or Modern Warfare. Or Battlefield. Or Homefront.

Got bored of this genre a loooooooong time ago.

Well, it's true. If you were playing first person shooters in 1998, scripted sequences was a pretty huge thing. If you weren't, then it's probably just taken as something obligatory.

You're not kidding. That opening tram ride was amazing back in the day. Now it seems almost every game has to have its own version of the tram ride.

Thats kind of how it goes. Someone comes along and creates, or revolutionizes something, then you have a period of copycats until yet again, something else can be created or revolutionized.

You're not kidding. That opening tram ride was amazing back in the day. Now it seems almost every game has to have its own version of the tram ride.

I might go back and make up a montage of clips specifically showing all the popular games that ripped off the tram ride as I have seen quite a few people calling it over-rated. Maybe if they specifically get a compressed clip showing the games they love, using elements from it, they will appreciate better and have a bit more respect for what is, a wonderful groundbreaking game.

Spock: I don't think Half-Life 2 was the first to use a bad guy talking on a big monitor/screen (in your montage, otherwise you have a point i guess).

On topic: The previous game had an ok but short single player campaign with some cool moments. The multiplayer was pretty much terrible, i can't believe Dice could make something like that. I think i'll have to pass Warfighter, not really interested.

They need to do something different from the BF series for MoH to not be redundant. Go a different direction with it. Maybe go a more Tom Clancy R6/Ghost Recon direction, more tactical based.

Or maybe even a more RPG war shooter. Where you design your own character, do a boot camp type thing, choosing which speciality you wanna be etc.

Yea i think something like that would be cool and unique.

Does anyone remember that Vietnam game, Shellshock? Pretty crap but it had some cool ideas, like after each mission you're at base camp. I think that whole idea could be expanded upon and made into an RPG type scenario, interacting with different soldiers, work your way from private to sgnt to lt to captain. Following orders at first, then as you progress you give the orders and even plan the operations.

Yea i think something like that would be cool and unique.

Does anyone remember that Vietnam game, Shellshock? Pretty crap but it had some cool ideas, like after each mission you're at base camp. I think that whole idea could be expanded upon and made into an RPG type scenario, interacting with different soldiers, work your way from private to sgnt to lt to captain. Following orders at first, then as you progress you give the orders and even plan the operations.

I really like that idea, although they'd definitely need to make it so you could jump. You didn't really need to, but it still bugged the crap out of me that you couldn't jump in Shellshock.

A RPG in a war setting would suit me down to the ground. I think if it was made as an RPG first and a shooter second I'd be there day one.

Yea the gameplay on Shellshock was a bit stiff and linear. But i loved the body damage, you could literally shoot people to pieces :funny: And the jungle setting was cool.

Spock: I don't think Half-Life 2 was the first to use a bad guy talking on a big monitor/screen.

It's kind of irrelevant as it seems clearly taken from Halflife 2. If you look at the structure of that specific part of Arkham, personal inquisition within the main villains lair which the character managed to slip into, followed by a gauntlet run it's practically the exact same. Likewise, the final section of Arkham City with Batman making his way directly vertically up towards the villains layer (the most verticaly thing in the sky), wonder tower seems, familiar. The audio Hugo Strange pumps out during pretty much the entire duration of the game is arguably also taken from halflife. Halflife is 14 years old and Halflife 2, 7 years old and most of the supposed popular AAA, best games ever, are still emulating it.

Norwegian special forces is going to make an appearance in the game. Yay.

FSKHJK.png

Last edited:
So, uh, anyone playing the beta for this? It's pretty good. Kinda like Battlefield lite.

IMO the game mode they chose for the beta isn't as fun as the regular MOH game mode (which is like BF3 with tickets and stuff) but this might tide me over til BF4 next year.

I messed around with it. It seemed okay for the most part, the spawns are **** though.

I played the beta for a few minutes and just hated it. Didn't think it looked very good and just wasn't crazy about the game mode. I never played the last MoH as I didn't see the point considering I had BF. I pretty much feel the same here

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"