Medal Of Honor: Warfighter

I messed around with it. It seemed okay for the most part, the spawns are **** though.

Indeed they are terrible, but I think it's because of the design of the game mode. Hopefully they tweak them a bit.

Als, some of the bullet damage and gun accuracies are really off in this beta...like, I can't hit **** all with the heavy machineguns unless the bipod is deployed. Obviously I shouldn't be able to if I'm strafing or something, but if I'm crouched somewhere I should at least be able to hit the guy 3 feet in front of me. Not the case here, though.

Still dunno if I'll get this or just go back to BF3. I really enjoyed the last MOH, though.

Had this game of been third person and a little more tactical i would of been all over it.

Why third person?

I just have come to prefer the third person perspective in these types of games, im not entirely sure why. It seems as most FPS titles dont really take advantage of the perspective which tends to remove me from the experience. Far Cry 2, imo, did a great job at keeping the player feeling like they were the lead character. From keeping the driving in the first person, to the in game interactive map and the injury dressing etc and imo not enough FPS titles do that. But overall i just find myself more engaged with the TPS titles, which seems like it should be the opposite.

My friend bought this yesterday and said the campaign took her 4 hours to complete. :o

I also read that EA didn't ship out early copies for reviewers, which almost always indicates a piece of crap game. Bleh.

First impressions: It's a lot of fun.

Getting to play as your own country and special forces makes it even more fun.

Seen quite a few terrible reviews for this. I ordered it anyway as I had a really cheap deal. Hope it's good as the parts of the campaign I saw looked fine.

Managed to cancel my preorder in time! Does anyone know what the sales were like for this? Rushing this out means EA may have thrown away the future of this title's chances to compete with the FPS big boys in future.

Apparently during an EA conference call they described the sales as "disappointing" or "underwhelming" or something like that.

Yea, there's been a huge drop off of players since last week too. If they don't fix the problems it's going to continue. I see a lot of the same players now too.

Too bad, because it's a fun game.

Ea should be punished for this abomination of a game. Embarassing.

What a missed opportunity. But I'm not going to cry any tears for EA.

I actually liked the newest MOH. I thought critics were unfair with their reviews.

I thought critics were unfair with their reviews.

Haha so did Peter Moore.

I only played the beta and wasnt fond of that, but i dont think it really mattered as iv pledged my allegiance to BF3 and im comfortable with that so itd have to take a really good modern warfare type game to pull me away.

I think the root problem with these last two Medal of Honor games is that it's painfully obvious the sole reason they exist is because EA doesn't want Call of Duty to go uncontested. I don't get the sense that anyone at any point was ever genuinely excited about these projects. EA knows they can't put out a Battlefield every year, and they know Respawn's thing isn't ready, so they rename EA LA (again) and get them to crap these things out.

I think the root problem with these last two Medal of Honor games is that it's painfully obvious the sole reason they exist is because EA doesn't want Call of Duty to go uncontested. I don't get the sense that anyone at any point was ever genuinely excited about these projects. EA knows they can't put out a Battlefield every year, and they know Respawn's thing isn't ready, so they rename EA LA (again) and get them to crap these things out.

Yea thats a good observation. Completely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"