Medal of Honor ditches WWII for Modern reboot

I'm just going to wait for the Modern Warfare thing to pass. Sooner or later they'll go back to WWII. Sorry, I'm a WWII junkie and I absolutely hate that these games are now set in Modern times.

I also secretly want a Revolutionary/Civil War/WWI MoH or CoD, but understand that it wouldn't fly with the "run 'n gun" generation.

I'm just going to wait for the Modern Warfare thing to pass. Sooner or later they'll go back to WWII. Sorry, I'm a WWII junkie and I absolutely hate that these games are now set in Modern times.

I also secretly want a Revolutionary/Civil War/WWI MoH or CoD, but understand that it wouldn't fly with the "run 'n gun" generation.

Same here.
Not a big fan of the whole "AMERICAAA **** YEAH!!!" modern combat thing, but I really enjoy WW2 games.
It's just different. WW2 was fought because of a tyrant, because of freedom, and all that.
These new conflicts? Just political BS, just looking for more power/money.

I am very much looking forward to Black Ops though.

By the way, here are the reviews so far. Good scores, just not CoD/BC2 "fantastic" apparently.

Planet Xbox360 = 7.7

Computer and Videogames = 8.5

I just picked up my LE copy of the game for me PSTriple,:oldrazz: I'll post some thoughts when I get a chance to play it maybe tonight!!!:awesome::up:

http://n4g.com/

Lots of reviews out there, and they seem pretty mixed...

GameTrailers: 8.2
IGN: 6
Game Informer: 7
Videogamer: 7
NowGamer: 6.6
TheSixthAxis: 8
GiantBomb: 3/5
GamesRadar: 8

General consensus is that it's not a CoD killer.

It seems the whole marketing of authentic respecting soldiers is just an exploitative gimmick to push sales. It sounds more or less a theme park ride just like Call Of Duty. It's the same with Crytek as well walking around with "I love New York" shirts at promo's. It's a gimmick to try hide the fact there game basically looks like 9/11 aftermath deliberately using not so subliminal 9/11 images. Weasels, the lot of them.

It seems the whole marketing of authentic respecting soldiers is just an exploitative gimmick to push sales. It sounds more or less a theme park ride just like Call Of Duty. It's the same with Crytek as well walking around with "I love New York" shirts at promo's. It's a gimmick to try hide the fact there game basically looks like 9/11 aftermath deliberately using not so subliminal 9/11 images. Weasels, the lot of them.

I knew that was all ******** from the beginning. When you're biting Call of Duty, authenticity goes out the window. They were just trying to dress their game up like they weren't totally copying another game.

I got it today, the single player is really really short but pretty good, I enjoyed it alot. I just wish there was more to it. It's definitely alot shorter than MW2's and that is saying something. I thought the graphics were pretty damn good and the guns look incredibly life like. The multiplayer on the other hand is not good. It's bad company 2 and mw2 mixed together which isn't a bad idea but it feels incomplete and not polished at all. Everything looks pretty ugly, and its just not fun plain and simple. I'd say if you want to try it out rent it first before buying.

I also played it and thought it ****ing blew. So glad I didn't buy it.

The differences between the Single Player and the Multiplayer are so bizarre. The slide move seems like a great addition to an FPS, and then for some reason it's not in the multiplayer? Going prone was also removed. :doh: So weird.

This wasn't really on my radar anyway, but seeing it in action gives me even less reason to try it out.

I love the slide move and the peek around cover in single player they're so awesome.

I love the slide move and the peek around cover in single player they're so awesome.

I have it and I love it. Nothing but guns and ammo the way it should be. There aren't any choppers or planes that do the killing for you. You actually have to hit your target to kill him. No "magic bullets". This game is all about skill. You either have it or you don't. I have it.

I have it and I love it. Nothing but guns and ammo the way it should be. There aren't any choppers or planes that do the killing for you. You actually have to hit your target to kill him. No "magic bullets". This game is all about skill. You either have it or you don't. I have it.

Great.

I'm liking the game, the campaign is fun, I'd give it about a 9/10 so far!!!:awesome::up: I don't care about all the nonsense surrounding this game and it being a COD clone,:whatever: I mean cmon, you've gotta be fooling yourself if you think this wasn't gonna be a cash in on COD's popularity to begin with!!!:doh: Me, I don't care if a game is a clone of another, it's done all of the time and that's not gonna change any time soon, I only care about 3 things, is it fun, is it good, and is it worth my time, answer yes to all three and I'm in!!!:o:ninja::up:

I'm liking the game, the campaign is fun, I'd give it about a 9/10 so far!!!:awesome::up: I don't care about all the nonsense surrounding this game and it being a COD clone,:whatever: I mean cmon, you've gotta be fooling yourself if you think this wasn't gonna be a cash in on COD's popularity to begin with!!!:doh: Me, I don't care if a game is a clone of another, it's done all of the time and that's not gonna change any time soon, I only care about 3 things, is it fun, is it good, and is it worth my time, answer yes to all three and I'm in!!!:o:ninja::up:

The creators of MoH made the first CoD. So, CoD is a clone of MoH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"