• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

You never know. TPM just made Disney some nice coin.
Yeah, but Phantom Menace was like....one of the biggest movies ever when it came out. Search for Spock to put it mildly, wasn't that lol. Not gonna say it flopped. It got a sequel and all. But I am not sure the nostalgia is there for it the same way TPM now has for kids that grew up with it.

Last edited:
In 20 years, I'm going to still be sitting people down and forcing them to watch Madame Web. God what a movie.

Someone get those snydercut folks to get Sony to release the cut of Madame Web with this poor actor’s original ljnes. I REALLLLLYY need to know what the original dialogue was and why every single line needed to be redubbed :funny:

Someone get those snydercut folks to get Sony to release the cut of Madame Web with this poor actor’s original ljnes. I REALLLLLYY need to know what the original dialogue was and why every single line needed to be redubbed :funny:
1716432460749.gif

Apparently, one of the Spider-Men was involved with this story and Kevin said no.

It's the worst dubbing outside of student films and no budget movies on like VUDU for free I have ever seen

People talking about Tahar Rahim like he's just some random actor make me sad. Someone belongs in jail for making him best known to Americans as "that horribly dubbed guy in Madam Web." :argh:
I haven't seen it, but if I go by all the comments I've seen on the movie, everyone involved will forevermore be known as the guy/gal who was involved with that horrible MADAME WEB.

I don’t care how they do it, Wanda and Vision better get their happy ending.

View attachment 91269

Dammit they earned it. Still one of the best MCU couples, second only to Cap & Bucky.
Not only the best MCU couple, but for me, Wanda is probably currently my personal favorite MCU character. Wandavision cemented that.

I love DOFP, all of it. The cinematography is really gorgeous, rare is the superhero film that looks that good nowadays. John Ottman's score is excellent as well, Time's Up and Hope (Xavier's Theme) are top tier. It was mentioned a few pages ago, but it's wild that Simon Kinberg is the only credited writer. Days of Future Past is one of the best written superhero films there are, it's impeccably constructed from its high stakes to how emotionally involving it is. It's my favorite X-Men film.

I said it the other day but out of the mainline X-Men movies DOFP is second only to First Class for me (X2 is a not too distant third place). It's got some great moments and it acts as a worthy finale to the original movies and a solid follow up to First Class.

Meh, the drama is good in that film but the action just wasnt satisfying to me. The stuff they had storyboarded for that last fight in the future was amazing and it’s a shame it never made it on screen.
Now this I can't really argue with. Of the mainline X-Men movies not counting any of the spinoffs, the only one that really stands out to me as far as action sequences is X2 and the opening Nightcrawler White House scene is a big reason for that. The other movies had some interesting sequences here and there, but it was usually few and far between like the fight choreography in the first movie, the Golden Gate bridge scene in The Last Stand, Magneto lifting the sub in First Class and the "Time in a Bottle" scene in DOFP if that counts. When it comes to action in the overall franchise, both Deadpool movies and The Wolverine stand out a lot more.

Have we talked about how McDonald's is selling Captain America 4 Happy Meal toys right now? Does Disney have no power whatsoever if the movie is delayed?

Have we talked about how McDonald's is selling Captain America 4 Happy Meal toys right now? Does Disney have no power whatsoever if the movie is delayed?
Not in this thread but it's been brought up in the Cap forum. Unfortunately it's a merchandise thing. Even if a movie gets delayed the toy companies still need to push out the merchandise they have. The various delays they've had are why I think the MCU lego sets that have been released in the last few years have been primarily based on older movies.

Last edited:
DOFP is a great movie because of what McAvoy and Fassbender brought to the table. They really both hit their strides as Xavier and Magnus, but it’s still yet another movie where Logan is the centerpiece and where most of the X-Men are just used as visual effects.

Still no development for Storm and hardly any lines, Rogue is still a helpless victim (with her role being cut), it’s just why I say we have still yet to have a great X-Men movie where we see and know them as a team and their dynamics.

But the Sentinels were scary as hell and Peter Dinklage did an amazing job.

Not only the best MCU couple, but for me, Wanda is probably currently my personal favorite MCU character. Wandavision cemented that.

Same man, same.

Can’t wait for her to rise from Mt Wundagore and meet her real father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"