Transformers Megatron and possible sequels.... speculations and obviously spoilers

Webzpinner

Symbiote-enhanced
Reaction score
Since Megs "dies" and he and his comrades are tossed into the abyss of Davy Jones' locker, it seems things might be final for everyone's favorite pile of crinkled aluminum foil.

Not so, I say! Here's what *I* would do would I be in charge of the Transformers Movie....

during or after the credits, have an aerial shot of the ocean, with a hint of glowing red lights. Pan up to see a stealth aircraft flying above at mach speed. Pan down slightly to see an identical jet rising from the ocean then zooming off in the opposite direction... fade to black.

Long as Megatron and Starscream return, the other decepticons who have died are really more-or-less cannon fodder. With 20+ years of characters, they've got more than enough for a decent rematch.

Any other ideas for how Megs could come back?

All that is mentioned in the book and the screenplay is the 'dead' decepticons are tossed into the ocean with nuclear bombs... what if only the bombs hit the bottom, but Megs survives and gets away ... this time fused with the Allspark? Megs could create armies of Decepticons by infecting vehicles with his Spark.

As long as Megatron doesnt come back after the Decepticons find him lost talking to himself, commanding 100 Megatrons on how to destroy Prime.

.. what if only the bombs hit the bottom, but Megs survives and gets away ... this time fused with the Allspark? Megs could create armies of Decepticons by infecting vehicles with his Spark.
I've already seen the Matrix:Reloaded, but thanks

:o

I'm willing to bet my left testicle he'll be back. Eventhough he looks vastly different from his G1 counterpart, the toy specs for Bay's Megatron has one standout thing in common with the original Megatron - he's indestructable. They can't possibly condone not bringing him back - plus they'll have a chance to redeem themselves with an earth-mode design.

They attached a nuke to him so there is the chance of his body some how fusing with the nuke as a new power source, who knows, anything is possible.

They attached a nuke to him so there is the chance of his body some how fusing with the nuke as a new power source, who knows, anything is possible.

Well like i said, he has no known weaknesses. Cybertronian technology is sopposed to be way more advanced than our own. So it's possible that as powerful as Nuclear bombs are to us, they're nothing compared to what Cybertronian technology can muster - which is a major plothole when you think how easily the humans kill a few of the Decepticons with out inferior earth weapons....

I'm surprised anybody thinks Megatron would actually die. I mean come on, he's a staple.

If I were in charge for the next two films I'd have the Autobots take Spike and co. to Cybertron so that we can explore that culture and also take a look at the political landscape of this war. Who would be in charge of the Decepticons while SS and Megatron have been gone, though? Who would Prime have left in charge of the main Autobot forces while gone? Basically I'd make the second film take place on Cybertron and then at the end they receive word that Megatron has been revived on Earth, etc. Prime and co. return to Earth to find that while they were gone Megatron has pretty much taken over.

Meh, either way I know Megatron is still alive.

I think it'd be pretty sweet if Transformers was made in the same vein as the original star wars triliogy. We see the autobots come away victorious in the first movie, suffer big setbacks in the second movie, and win the war once and for all in the third movie. And, of course Megatron needs to be in all 3. :) Perhaps in the third one, towards the middle, parts of his components are damaged and he's rebuilt in the Galvatron. But to me, I don't really care if he becomes Galvatron or not as long as he's still the primary nemesis.

But please... no dinobots. The dinobots are best left in the cartoon.

I'm surprised anybody thinks Megatron would actually die. I mean come on, he's a staple.

If I were in charge for the next two films I'd have the Autobots take Spike and co. to Cybertron so that we can explore that culture and also take a look at the political landscape of this war. Who would be in charge of the Decepticons while SS and Megatron have been gone, though? Who would Prime have left in charge of the main Autobot forces while gone? Basically I'd make the second film take place on Cybertron and then at the end they receive word that Megatron has been revived on Earth, etc. Prime and co. return to Earth to find that while they were gone Megatron has pretty much taken over.

Meh, either way I know Megatron is still alive.

See that's the thing. What i gathered from the script, there are no Autobots on Cybertron unless they're enslaved..or dead. The script reveals they are scattered throughout the galaxy, hiding. Cybertron is under Decepticon rule.

But the whole Megatron being revived at the end, is exactly the same as this one, so i say no on that idea.

But please... no dinobots. The dinobots are best left in the cartoon.

Why no Dinobots? if the Decepticons can have a 30ft long robot scorpion, the Autobots can have a robotic T.rex. And since you made the Starwars reference, think of Grimlock as this series' Jar Jar or Wickett. :trans:

Why no Dinobots? if the Decepticons can have a 30ft long robot scorpion, the Autobots can have a robotic T.rex. And since you made the Starwars reference, think of Grimlock as this series' Jar Jar or Wickett. :trans:

Scorpinak (sp) is not 30 feet, I think he might be 8-10 feet at the most

you deserve a temporary ban just for saying that.:cmad:

I cant believe no one has said it, so I will. He joins Davy Jones and the flying Dutchman and mutinies the captian and takes over. Cross-over movie, Transformers of the Caribbean.

I think it would work. The Allspark turning the nuke into a "being" before it explodes, which in turn becomes Megatron's arm cannon.

I cant believe no one has said it, so I will. He joins Davy Jones and the flying Dutchman and mutinies the captian and takes over. Cross-over movie, Transformers of the Caribbean.

That is in the works mate, or at least something similar to that...

In POTC4 Jack and Barbossa find Gizmo (from Gremlins) and accidentally bring him to the tree of life. There they stay past midnight and rain pours. The tree of life comes alive and starts to produce MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Gremlins!!!! :wow:

It's called POTC: The Curse of the Gremlins! :up:

So are we to assume that since the humans destroy some of the Decepticons so easily with our technology that the Transformers are now limiting themselves to our technological inadequacies and giving themselves weaknesses by taking on our far more primitive technology? Could this be used an an explanation as to why Megatron would never match the human aka "insect" technology?

In addition, I remember hearing this whole "the bots use nanobots to heal themselves over time". Is this still valid?

Scorpinak (sp) is not 30 feet, I think he might be 8-10 feet at the most

From what I remember the original size of skorpnok was confirmed to be 11 to 13 feet tall so your not off by much.

you deserve a temporary ban just for saying that.:cmad:

I second that. I still have nightmares of seeing the phantom menace for the first time. It took me a while but, I finally got over seeing that babbling, floppy eared, knuckle dragging doofus. I can't ever see anything similar to that character on a theatrical screen again or my mind will explode.

I still remember dragging a few of my buddies to the midnight premiere of phantom menace. Us not all being hardcore star wars people either.

I can't walk straight now after that beatdown.

13 feet or 30, it doesn't matter (tho the pic of it coming out of the sand behind the soldiers makes it look a lot larger than 13 feet)... the idea was Don Murphy, Bay, etc said the movie scrapped the Dinobots and other animals due to being "unrealistic" but retained skorpinok anyway. They opened that can of worms themselves... In "Transformers II: The Search for More Money" I want to see at least Grimlock, Ravage, and Laserbeak. If we must deal with a lame robot scorpion, I want a lame robot tyrannosaur, jaguar, and buzzard.

it doesn´t matter anyway which robots will show up in a sequel. they don´t look like their counterparts anyway.......

i mean look at megatron, imagine they hadn´t revealed the bots names.....would you have guessed "wow, THAT´S megatron"

Megs will definitely be back. Hopefully in a more Earth form though. I don't think he should be resurrected as Galvatron yet though as we will probably only get 20 mins with Megatron in the movie. At least with this batch of Decepticon's dead (aside from Starscream) we get some new faces: Soundwave, Shockwave, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ravage (and maybe all the "tapes" or whatever ever they would modernised to - Ratbat, Frenzy and Rumble and Laserbeak), Scourge, Cyclonus, Astrotrain, the Insecticons, then we have the Combinor's: Contructicons (Devastator), Stunticons (Menasor), Arielbots (Superion), Protectobots (Defensor), Technobots (Computron), Terracons (Abominus)....okay I think it's fair to say there is enough bots to last 50 movies. Hopefully more G1 names and characteristics will be used to make the sequels more familiar to fans.

Starscream's not an idiot, as shown by him leaving the fight when they're losing.

As described above, his eyes flicker red as he's dropping (the Allspark would destroy someone of Optimus' size, Megatron is bigger, so he's probably mortally wounded)

Starscream has a backup team aboard the Nemesis. He has them hidden undersea to avoid detection (G1 throwback) and they retrieve Megatron's body and repair him. He was already largely disassembled, so they can "restore" a little more traditional look for Megatron when they repair him.

Hasbro gets another toy version of Megatron, everyone wins :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"