Revenge of the Fallen MEGATRON : Vol 2 - The Irreplaceable Leader of the Decepticons

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
attachment-3.jpg

Bio: Rebuilt with parts cannibalized from other Decepticons, Megatron rises once again to lead his army. Though the AllSpark destroyed him once, he can now feel its power coursing through his circuitry. It calls him to seize his rightful place as ruler over the puny planet which on he was imprisoned and destroyed, and from which he will launch his conquest of the universe. Optimus Prime is all that stands in the way of victory, and the Autobot leader has done a poor job of hiding himself. At long last, Megatron knows exactly where his enemy is, and he has enough power to destroy him.

Continue the Appreciation from the Vol.1 thread of this supreme tyrant, evil genius, and commander of the Decepticons armada .​

I liked the fact that he got a boost in screen time and Weaving's voice grew on me. My only gripe was that I thought him being so subservient to the Fallen was pretty out of character. I would've preferred it had that just been an act with him betraying his mentor at the last minute.

He really got his ass kicked at the end there. I had to laugh at Megs whimpering for Starscream after Optimus practically ripped half his face off.

He really got his ass kicked at the end there. I had to laugh at Megs whimpering for Starscream after Optimus practically ripped half his face off.
i was wxpecting megs to rip up starscream and fuse bodies to increase his power like optimus did but no such uck

my favorite line from the first movie
"give me the cube boy!"
i can do a pretty good movie mags imoersonation of that line, favorite decepticon, right ahead of starscream

Megs return was inevitable , I loved Weaving voice it's very menacing . I thought that TPTB improved on certain aspects of the character that was sadly lacking in the first film . Such as his relationship with Starscream (I was really glad to see Megatron confront Starscream aboard the Nemesis and beat him for leaving him behind to die in the first film as well as assume Command of Decepticons . Then a second time after they lost track of Sam in the forest battle .) That was Classic G1 . I really enjoyed Megatron confronting Sam , you could tell he really wanted to kill the kid for what he'd done to him in the first film and if Sam didn't have infomation in his mind Megs would've done it too . The confrontation with Prime in the forest battle was epic .

My only problem with Megatron in this film he basically was Darth Vader playing second fiddle to The Emperor aka : The Fallen . I didn't like the fact Megs wasn't the supreme tyrant in this film like he is known through out the transformers mythology. I'd have rather he worked with The Fallen to gain access to the power only to double cross him and kill him once he got what he was after. Instead of being a loyal apprentice .

at least he didnt use a resperator

attachment.jpg

Megatron's Cybertonian Tank mode was so much better than his Cybertronian Jet Mode from the first film .

Last edited:
at least that actually scared me a bit

the way he blew through the sub was stellar

Trust me even though Megs was a loyal apprentice he would have betrayed the fallen if becoming a prime bcuz think like megs if he becomes a prime why lsten to someone who is equal to u where megs wouldn`t listen to anyone his superior he would have killed the fallen but i like how they have an old friendship

is that his face between the tank threads? thats..... bad

in film verse he has grown to respect the fallen bcuz he knows the fallen has the power to
kill him but the fact that the fallen will make him a god is keeping him cool and megs isnt going to show disloyalty to the fallen or he wont grant his wish so there can be no trace of
betrayal but megs would battle the fallen for leadership if he would have became a prime
i know the 3rd movie will have megs as supreme leader and even in this one Megs still ruled
the Cons all the way only he talks to the ancient one

megatron is in the TF movie universe a better and stronger villain IMO then the Fallen. he was in a fight with OP 2 times.ok at the end he didnt have a chance because the ''super'' OP was badass and he was pure power.

Last edited:
i have huge problems that megatron was Fallen's bitc....

but i will say their first scene together was like darth vader and Emperor. which was pretty good.

Last edited:
it was interseting to see that dynamic work with megs

but i will say their first scene together was like darth vader and Emperor. which was pretty good.

Yeah but as I said before I kinda wished Megatron betrayed The Fallen. I know The Predacon Megatron from BEAST WARS would do that in an instance without giving it a second thought .

Yeah but as I said before I kinda wished Megatron betrayed The Fallen. I know The Predacon Megatron from BEAST WARS would do that in an instance without giving it a second thought .
Of course he would..... Yeeeees..... :grin:

And so would the G1 Megatron.

Last edited:
here's a thought...just a thought,mind you....

now,we know Fallen was a "fallen" Prime...and Optimus is the last Prime in the lineage....now,at the end of T1,Optimus calls Megatron his brother...but if they were brothers in the literal sense (which i think is true...if he was just using the term in the context of being a comrade,wouldn't it have made more sense to call Jazz his "brother" than Megs?) ,wouldn't that have made Megs a Prime as well,for a lineage standpoint? maybe he was unable to become one due to his deciding to become a Decepticon,or was stripped of it (Optimus mentions that Megatron "betrayed" them,starting the Civil War...maybe he started off good,and also "fell" ?)...also the concept of The Fallen being able to be destroyed ONLY by another Prime adds to the context of this,considering it is MEGATRON who kills the last Prime,something he technically shouldn't have enough power to do,unless he himself was once a Prime....

it could add a whole new subtext to the story between them,brothers in leadership (Optimus Prime and Megatron Prime?) ,until one betrayed the other,and all they stood for,to follow the path of evil,linking them in eternal combat.... attracting the attention of the first Fallen Prime,who seized the opportunity to have a disciple in the ways of darkness...and leaving Optimus the last,sole heir to the legacy of the Prime's....

and Megatron,realizing that even though he is also "Fallen" ,believes that he also has the power to destroy The Fallen,once being a Prime himself,and is waiting for just the right opportunity to destroy his "Master" and seize full reign of the Decepticons created in his "Master's" image..perhaps right after he is distracted by being engrossed in his greatest triumph,the destruction of our Sun...but,alas,Optimus takes the opportunity from him,though he makes out anyway because the death of their "God" leaves Megatron in charge of the Decepticons....and if HE dies as well,they will be left without the leadership of a Fallen Prime,and will be easy pickings,so perhaps his retreat with Starscream was not so much cowardice as preserving his race....

like i said,just a thought...

Last edited:
here's a thought...just a thought,mind you....

now,we know Fallen was a "fallen" Prime...and Optimus is the last Prime in the lineage....now,at the end of T1,Optimus calls Megatron his brother...but if they were brothers in the literal sense (which i think is true...if he was just using the term in the context of being a comrade,wouldn't it have made more sense to call Jazz his "brother" than Megs?) ,wouldn't that have made Megs a Prime as well,for a lineage standpoint? maybe he was unable to become one due to his deciding to become a Decepticon,or was stripped of it (Optimus mentions that Megatron "betrayed" them,starting the Civil War...maybe he started off good,and also "fell" ?)

it could add a whole new subtext to the story between them,brothers in leadership (Optimus Prime and Megatron Prime?) ,until one betrayed the other,and all they stood for,to follow the path of evil,linking them in eternal combat.... attracting the attention of the first Fallen Prime,who seized the opportunity to have a disciple in the ways of darkness...and leaving Optimus the last,sole heir to the legacy of the Prime's....
I would like to know how it was in the G1 as well. Did Prime and Megatron rule Cybertron before the war? I think that Prime was just a worker. Pax something was his name, before that old Autobot with the beard rebuilt him into Optimus. Damn i cant remember....

I think that Prime was referring to Megatron as his brother in the comrade sense. That they have been through so much together before he turned evil. It seems to me that in the Bayverse, only Prime was a....well... Prime...

Megatron was indeed seriously badass in this film, but it kinda gave me abit of an off mode for him when all this time he has been shown as the true leader and whatnot, it turns out he was all along an apprentice to the Fallen.

I would like to know how it was in the G1 as well. Did Prime and Megatron rule Cybertron before the war? I think that Prime was just a worker. Pax something was his name, before that old Autobot with the beard rebuilt him into Optimus. Damn i cant remember....

I think that Prime was referring to Megatron as his brother in the comrade sense. That they have been through so much together before he turned evil. It seems to me that in the Bayverse, only Prime was a....well... Prime...

yeah,but there were other Prime's,more than one at a time...most of them sacrificed themselves to keep the Matrix of Leadership safe...

just saying,it certainly isn't impossible to have more than 1 Prime alive at a time...

G1....yeah,Orion Pax was a wide-eyed,young worker on Cybetron,who looked up to these new Cybetronians called Decepticons,and their leader Megatron,because they were "cool" and could fly...Megs used this hero-worship to lure Pax into letting him get at..something,i can't remember what,but he used Pax to get what he needed,then destroyed him and 2 of his friends and started the attacks that would be the opening salvo's of the Civil War...Pax was saved however,and extensively rebuilt into Optimus,and Megatron had a mortal enemy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"