Jessica Jones Melissa Rosenberg

Shakel92

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/mel...erd-marvels-jessica-jones-series-for-netflix/

Thoughts? Concerns? I'm not a fan of the Twilight stuff, but Dexter held my attention.

Considering that she wrote Dexter, and that Jessica Jones will have a lot of freedom not available to ABC, I expect a pretty close adaptation of the comic, which was one of the best comics I've read in the last 10 years or so. I'm not sure if they can go completely over the top (Purple Man having the two girls going at it in the background while completely nude, or the references backdoor penetration) but they should be able to keep it interesting.

Yeah didn't she write the good Dexter seasons? Twilight wasn't exactly great source material to be adapting anyways so you can't really blame her. I think the adult themes are one of many reasons why they chose to do these shows on Netflix. They don't really have the same restrictions as network television and can dig deeper into Marvels more adult territory.

It's a wise decision that she didn't pen any episodes of Dexter after season 4. That Red Widow show that she created I heard was bad though, I haven't read Alias yet but do we know for sure that they'll adapt Alias or will they create an original storyline of the character for the show?

An original storyline defeats the purpose of JJ. What makes her great is that she...well....sucks as a hero. She's a borderline alcoholic who smokes and sleeps with the wrong guys. It is like watching a train wreck over and over again. Her powers are completely unremarkable. It is truly the human element that pulls you in. And the writing is great.

One of my favorites was when she was learning to fly (which she never really did do) and fell in the ocean. Thor picks her up, and she starts cussing. Thor gives her a speech on appropriate language for a lady.

She is awesome.

Considering that she was banging Scott Lang for a while, it is easily conceivable that Paul Rudd make an appearance on the show. Again, it was so depressing...yet funny.

Jessica Jones: Scott, I've really enjoyed being with you, but there is something I have to let you know. I'm pregnant.

Scott: Really? Wow! Wait....It's not mine is it?

JJ: No.

Scott: So, we're not going out on anymore dates, are we?

JJ: I don't think that's a great idea.

Anyway, it is kind of like Allie Mcbeal, but the super hero cameos really push it over the top.

The strength of Jessica Jones as a character from Alias is that she is dysfunctional.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/meli...lutely-taking-place-in-larger-marvel-universe

Great article after the original AKA Jessica Jones series was "postponed."

My favorite (and most revealing part) was this:

You can't mention one guy because Fox has the rights to that guy and Universal has the rights to the other one. There are a lot of boundaries on who you can and can't use," Rosenberg reveals. "I had Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and Carol Danvers [for the pilot script]. Basically, I wanted those three guys -- then I would have a series. Everyone else we can be digging into lesser known characters or taking known characters and renaming them."

I really expect this show to be the best of the bunch, simply because it has been ready for so long. My gut is that this is the one that delivers to the female audience and gets them really interested in the genre.

The Thor and the X-Men films seem to be particularly popular with female fans already. I think Jessica Jones will be popular because she isn't really like any other female super powered characters.

I hope they keep her a potty mouth as well :)

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/meli...lutely-taking-place-in-larger-marvel-universe

Great article after the original AKA Jessica Jones series was "postponed."

My favorite (and most revealing part) was this:

Soooo we will get a Miss Marvel then? :cwink:

As for The Avengers themselves, Rosenberg says she can reference them, but Tony Stark and Stark Industries are in the current pilot script

That was back then. I wonder if that holds true for the new series?

Here is what Rosenberg said about the project a while ago when the show was in development at ABC

“Brian Michael Bendis is an extraordinary writer,” says Rosenberg. “I love that series. I love that character. And we're just hoping ABC has room for it in their fall schedule. Because, you know, it's dark material. It's not 'Captain America.’ I mean, it is some pretty gritty, adult-themed stuff. So we'll have to see how that fits [on network television]. She's a former superhero with post-traumatic stress disorder trying to make it as a detective in New York. But she keeps on getting pulled back in, because she has some minor superpowers. She's got like B-level superpowers – she's so awesome! But she keeps on getting pulled back in, so she's straddling the two worlds.”

“It's very difficult to reference one or the other because, oh, Fox owns that and someone else owns that,” Rosenberg explains. “But we're able to use Luke Cage and some of the lesser-known characters. But Jessica and Luke Cage – as long as I have those two guys, I don't care who else!”

“It’s not my first [foray into the world of superheroes] because I worked on a show called 'Birds of Prey' way back – I mean decades ago!” she laughs. “So I was a little bit experienced, but I've not ever been completely immersed in that world, so this was definitely diving in a significant way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"