Phases 3 and 4 Predictions

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
Here's what I'm predicting now given that Planet Hulk is somewhat confirmed. And given that Captain America TWS worked out pretty well, a Hulk/GOTG team-up is VERY welcome.

Film

Ant-Man

Captain America: The Bloodstone Hunt (spring)

Plot: After Baron Zemo's Hydra splinter faction destroys a global summit meeting, killing over 50 world leaders, Zemo begins his TRUE plan which is to use the ensuing chaos to find an artifact that grants him power over time itself.

Villains: Zemo, Tasmaster, Batroc, Cutthroat, Songbird along with Crossbones as a shadowy presence with his own agenda

Sidekicks: Winter Soldier, Falcon, Sharon Carter, Diamondback, Nick Fury and Black Widow will also appear in minor roles.

Post-credits: Sinthia Schmidt was who Crossbones was reporting to, not Zemo. She also name-drops a politician in her pocket named Johann Fennhoff who may be elected in Austria. Also, Crossbones has done something to mind control Sharon Carter.

Doctor Strange (summer)

Plot: After losing the use of his hands, a former surgeon has a midlife crisis and decides to dabble in the occult in search of spiritual truth which eventually leads him to a Tibetan monastery where he becomes the Sorcerer Supreme.

Villains: Dormammu, Karl Mordo

Sidekicks: Wong, Clea, Hoggoth. Thor would also get a small cameo when Strange conjures him just to see what would happen.

Post-credits: Black Widow appears in the Sanctum Sanctorum offering Strange a proposition. Namely a new career in exchange for the Eye of Agamotto.

Thor 3 (spring)

Plot: After finally killing Odin, Loki is the ruler of both Asgard and Jotunheim. This time around, he's actually TRYING to be decent ruler and unite the realms. The problem is that both his newfound wife and estranged daughter wish to lead him back on the path to darkness. Thor must both unravel the Enchantress' conspiracy within Asgard while traveling to Hel itself where he may both restore his father to life when he learns that not only did Loki kill his brother Baldr as a child but Odin also banished Hela to Niffleheim because of a prophecy that she would join her father in destroying all nine realms. Too avoid being too similar to the first Thor, Loki is actually working for his redemption this time (aside from the whole killing Odin part), he's just mislead by his wife and daughter who not only tempt him, but frequently act behind his back to frame him for THEIR deeds. The whole theme of Thor 3 would be family, particularly when certain members have burnt permanent bridges. Its also a tale of redemption for Loki and one where he dies but not in battle, instead he's forced to drink poison so that he will be condemned to Hel instead of Valhalla. It's also where Thor learns of Ragnarok, particularly that it's already happened before but something went wrong and only Asgard was destroyed. Now it's about to reoccur and threaten all the realms in Thor 4.

Villains: Loki, Enchantress, Executioner, Hela

Sidekicks: Heimdall, Sif, Warriors Three

Post-credits: Thanos appears before Loki and tells him that he's failed him. Without Asgard as part of his empire, Thanos promises that it WILL be destroyed but not until Earth has been doomed.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Planet Hulk (summer)

Plot: Hulk is stranded on an alien planet and enslaved as a gladiator. When the Guardians of the Galaxy come to investigate Hulk's SOS, they buy him out of slavery but then have to defend Sakaar from Thanos' invasion before departing to track him across the galaxy. It's not so much a straight adaptation of Planet Hulk since only the first act is set on Sakaar with the second and third involving Hulk teaming up with the Guardians to hunt Thanos across the galaxy.

Villains: Thanos. The Red King is clearly evil but the GOTG are forced to fight for him anyway since Thanos is far worse.

Sidekicks: Caiera (briefly as Hulk's new lover), The Guardians of the Galaxy who eventually recruit Adam Warlock.

Post Credits 1: Two Kree appear. One is an older male who would be in his 50s if he were human. The second is a young woman who is stated to be his daughter. They learn of a Kree breeding experiment on Earth after raiding a Kree base and examining the computers. The young girl mentions to her father that the salvation for all Kree may lie beyond.

Post-credits 2: Caira is briefly shown to be pregnant, implying that Hulk may one day have to return to Sakaar.

Captain Marvel (spring)

Plot: When Air Force pilot Carol Danvers is exposed to alien technology, she finds herself with amazing powers but also becomes abducted by an alien hero who asks her to assist in liberating his people. It's then revealed that Mahr-Vell needed a successor since he's dying and plans on fighting one last fight where he'll sacrifice himself for the good of all Kree. This leaves Carol stranded on Hala where she teams up with Phylla-Vell and Wraith to overthrow a tyrannical artificial intelligence before she can finally return home.

Villains: Yonn-Rogg, Supreme Intelligence, Ronan (assuming the latter survives GOTG)

Sidekicks: War Machine (on Earth), Mahr-Vell (in space)

Post-credits 1: Carol gets a knock on her door from a strange red haired woman who informs her that there are others like her, gifted with amazing powers. She tells Carol to ask her commanding officer about a group he's a part of, particularly one with his friend Tony since she's currently busy rallying her people to escape the coming calamity and it's going to be up to Carol to prevent it.

Post Credits 2: After the death of her father, Phylla-Vell leaves Hala where she stumbles upon the Guardians of the Galaxy, complete with Hulk in tow.

Avengers: Infinity (summer)

Plot: The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Punisher, SHIELD and Defenders must protect the Earth from Thanos' invasion. The Avengers also gain new members Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel and Wasp and Hulk rejoins the team while Phylla-Vell joins the Guardians. Even Hydra and The Hand decide to assist since they have nothing to gain from Thanos destroying the planet. Even after Thanos loses the infinity Gauntlet, he still has one last ace up his sleeve, namely a terrigen bomb which he unleashes upon earth, poisoning billions but leaving millions awakening with strange new powers.

Villains: Thanos

Sidekicks: Defenders, Punisher, Guardians of the Galaxy, SHIELD, Hydra, The Hand

Post Credits 1: Within a hidden lost city, Medusa from the Captain Marvel post-credits scene appears. She walks into a room with Black Bolt, Gorgon, Crystal, Maximus and Karnak and only mentions, "it has begun."

Post Credits 2: Even despite both HYDRA and The Hand assisting in defending Earth, with Zemo even taking an energy blast to the chest for Captain America, Zemo, Bullseye, Ikari, Taskmaster and Songbird sit in a jail cell where they meet the incarcerated villains Blizzard, Ghost and Abomination. That's when General Thaddeus Ross shows up with Luke Cage and Hawkeye by his side. General Ross offers to grant them a full pardon in exchange for being part of a government task force.

TV
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Agents of SHIELD: Season 2
Agent Carter

Iron Fist
Jessica Jones
The Defenders

Agents of SHIELD Season 3
Daredevil Season 3
Moon Knight
Runaways

Heroes for Hire
Punisher
Defenders 2
Agent Carter Season 2 (into the 50s!)

One-Shots featuring
Black Widow
Iron Man
Hawkeye
She-Hulk
War Machine
Mahr-Vell
Nick Fury
Wasp

I'd also use the Netflix series to bring She-Hulk in by having her introduced as Matt Murdoch's rival, then have her get horribly injured and the only thing that can save her is a transfusion of her cousin's blood that's in military custody. Unlike her cousin, she doesn't suffer from disassociative personality disorder so she's green 100% of the time after transforming but her sanity was slightly affected. She now believes that she's a fictional character played by Gina Carano.

As far as Phase 4 goes, things should be bumped to three films a year

Inhumans (spring)

Iron Man: Inevitable (summer)

More of a cross between Prelude to Armor Wars, Inevitable and The Five Nightmares

Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America (holiday)

Where Chris Evans only appears for the first 5-10 minutes, then Sebastian Stan takes over for him

Captain Marvel: War of the Marvels (spring)

Thor: Ragnarok (summer)

Thor dies at the end of this one but it's implied that time has been sped up in this new cycle and things may be different in Asgard this time around. Moreover, the cycle has been completely broken and nobody is bound by fate anymore.

Blade: The Tomb of Dracula (Autumn)

Black Panther (spring)
Rampaging Hulk (Summer)
Doctor Strange 2 (Autumn)

Thunderbolts (spring)

Guardians of the Galaxy: Universal Church of Truth (Summer)

Avengers: Dark Reign (Holiday)

Phase 4 TV Shows

Continued seasons of Daredevil, Agent Carter, Runaways, Punisher, Heroes for Hire, Agents of SHIELD and Moon Knight along with a third Defenders miniseries. New TV series would be Black Widow, She-Hulk and Hawkeye since none of those three need a gigantic budget to get right unless she-Hulk fights Behemoth. Even then, by the 2020s, Behemoth may actually work as a villain.

And no, I don't expect an Ant-Man sequel, nor do I expect a Ghost Rider reboot until Phase 5 since by then, it'll be over a decade since the previous abortions and everyone will have forgotten the terribad Nicholas Cage films. Plus, Ghost Rider is the last property that Marvel will be able to milk since every other A and B-list property will be on either the big or small screen.

Last edited:
I also can't see Marvel upping production to 4 a year unless Marvel either gets the X-Men back or they get Sub-Mariner, Spider-Man and Fantastic Four back. I can see one year per Phase going up to Four starting in Phase 5 with Ghost Rider, or two years starting in Phase 4 if Ant-Man is a huge success but otherwise it's not worth the investment.

Last edited:
1) is a new thread necessary since we already have a few about the potential phase 3 and 4 set ups?
2) I don't see how PH is as good as confirmed when all we have are two questionworthy rumors and fanboys that get excited way to easy

Phase 3
2015: Ant Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Hulk 2
2018: Black Panther, Avengers 3

Phase 4
2019: Hulk 3, Ms. Marvel
2020: Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2
2021: Avengers 4

Phase 3:

2015: Antman
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy: Planet Hulk

Phase 3
2015: Ant Man
2017: Thor 3, Hulk 2

Phase 4

Wait, you really don't think there will be any 4th sequels at all come Phase 4? Marvel would be stupid to pass on that. I also see Ms Marvel happening before Black Panther if only because her current series is a massive success. I also don't see Phase 4 being smaller since Kevin Feige has said that Marvel's production schedule will rise to 3 films a year as new franchises are added.

And for the record, Inhumans and Blade were also discussed so I expect those to hit in Phase 4 along with Black Panther. I also don't think that Marvel Studios can introduce these new properties without doing more than two films a year.

Last edited:
G'day,

Yeah I think there's a reasonable chance of a Captain Marvel around 2017. Think of it as Marvel's girl-superhero movie in answer to WB Wonder Woman which should be out in the same year. It depends on the success of GOTG which will introduce Marvel's space opera genre.

ta

Ralph

Wait, you really don't think there will be any 4th sequels at all come Phase 4? Marvel would be stupid to pass on that. I also see Ms Marvel happening before Black Panther if only because her current series is a massive success. I also don't see Phase 4 being smaller since Kevin Feige has said that Marvel's production schedule will rise to 3 films a year as new franchises are added.

And for the record, Inhumans and Blade were also discussed so I expect those to hit in Phase 4 along with Black Panther. I also don't think that Marvel Studios can introduce these new properties without doing more than two films a year.

I'm not really sure with the things I wrote especially with Phase 4 but those are just my predictions, those will easily change once we get more info.

I think Phase 3 is pretty much set as of now. Phase 4, of course, is up in the air at this point, but I can easily see them upping the number of movies per year to 3. Otherwise, it simply wouldn't be viable to both pump out sequels to existing properties while introducing new characters.

Phase 3
2015 - Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3, Dr. Strange
2017 - Thor 3, Guardians Of The Galaxy: Planet Hulk
2018 - Avengers 3

Phase 4
2018 - Black Panther, Dr. Strange 2
2019 - Captain Marvel, Iron Man 4, Inhumans
2020 - Captain America 4, Blade/Ghost Rider Team-up, Guardians Of The Galaxy 3
2021 - Midnight Sons, Avengers 4

The only real question is what they'll do for 2017 since Ant-Man is confirmed for next, as are CA3 and Dr. Strange for 2016 more-or-less. Plus A3 for 2018.

I think they'll try and do three films that year. Likely Thor 3 and GOTG2 as two of them. Probably a coin flip of Inhumans or Black Panther for the third.

I posted this in the MCU discussion page but on second thoughts I reckon this thread is more appropriate.....

I'm still unsure as to whether Thanos will definitely be the big bad in Avengers 3...

With so many new characters being introduced over the course of Phase 3, I think the third Avengers film should give us an opportunity to focus on the new team of (most likely)...

Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Ant-Man, Dr Strange & (possibly?) Wasp

...Whereas I think a face-off with Thanos should, and will, feature multiple teams so as well as the above and the "Guardians Of The Galaxy" (Starlord, Gamorra, Drax, Rocket & Groot) we may also see a "Secret Avengers" team of Captain America (either Steve Rogers or Bucky Barnes depending on how Cap 3 pans out), Falcon, Black Widow, Sharon Carter, Maria Hill and Nick Fury.

War Machine/Iron Patriot wouldn't be out of place in that line-up either, but I've a feeling that someone like Strucker or Zemo is going to get their hands on that Iron Patriot armour as we aren't going to be getting Norman Osbourne any time soon but he was a big catalyst in many storylines of the past decade that seem to have, along with the "Ultimates", influenced the MCU just as much as the "classic" stories of the 20th century.

I'm not sure about where they'll take Hawkeye, but I'd like to see Mockingbird brought into the mix and it would also be cool to see him in his Goliath and Ronin guises at some point.

Speaking of Ronin .... I kind of get the impression they've had a look at the New Avengers & Defenders rosters and come to this conclusion...

Two of the original four Defenders (Silver Surfer and Some say Namor)aren't available, and another (Hulk) is already around in the Avengers (though rumour has it that may change at the end of Avengers 2)...which just leaves Doctor Strange, who was also on the New Avengers roster so how about a "New Avengers" line-up?...
...Well looking at the New Avengers team, you've got a couple who can't be used (Spidey and Wolverine are with Sony and Fox respectively), a couple who're already in the Avengers AND doing their own thing (Captain America & Iron Man) , and a handful whose power level is more suited to the small screen (Luke Cage, Iron Fist etc)

....... soooooooo whaddya do?...

...Feed Doctor Strange into the main Avengers team along with the late 60s/early 70s recruits also being brought in because his power level fits more with the big screen than the small and there isn't currently the opportunity to roll out the classic Defenders line-up...
(in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we get an appearance from the Scarlet Witch in Strange's solo movie giving him an Avengers connection prior to Avengers 3)

... that leaves the "Defenders" name on the table whilst at the same time you've got a handful of characters associated with the New Avengers stories such as Power Man & Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and to some degree Daredevil looking for a flag to fly under in the miniseries that sets the team apart from the big screen "Avengers".

So the "Secret Avengers" get Cap 2 & 3
The "Defenders" get their Netflix miniseries
"Guardians Of The Galaxy" get a movie or two, (possibly bringing Hulk back to Earth after a take on the "Planet Hulk" storyline)

...so our "New" Avengers team would be overshadowed by other more established ensembles were Avengers 3 to be the Thanos story ... they need a movie of their own first, and that is what Avengers 3 should be :)

This is why I believe that Phase 4 will build up to a "Marvel's Infinity War" , or similarly titled movie,which will essentially be both "Avengers 4" AND "Guardians Of The Galaxy 3" and will give us a big showdown with Thanos featuring the whole of the MCU, and in which we will also see the reunion of the "big three" with Stark getting back in the armour, Steve Rogers returning from "the dead", if as I suspect they are going to follow the Brubaker run up to the "Death Of Captain America" in Cap 3, and Thor returning to Earth after serving time on the throne of Asgard following the end of his trilogy which I think might feature elements of the "Loki" graphic novel amongst other things.

...and just for the cherry on the cake I'd give "Director Coulson" of SHIELD an appearance as well, and I've no doubt he'll be seen on the big screen again at some point, albeit in a cameo :)

I just want them to start cranking out 3-4 a year, Having to wait so long between movies sucks

Avengers 3 lineup: Captain America, The Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy

New Avengers: Bucky Cap, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther, Miss Marvel, Nova, Vision, Dr Strange, Wasp, Ant Man, The Falcon, War Machine

Phase 3:

2015: Antman
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy: Planet Hulk

Yes. This. This would make me unfathomably happy.

Phase 4

I think they'll let Avengers rest an extra year after Thanos has his heyday and give everyone sequels. They may use these properties to introduce new heroes if that's what they want to do.

Phase 4
2019: Iron Man 4, Black Panther 2
2020: Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4
2021: Guardians of the Galaxy 3: Inhumans, Captain America 4
2022: Captain Marvel, Avengers 4 (Masters of Evil)

I just want them to start cranking out 3-4 a year, Having to wait so long between movies sucks

Aw come on ... in 2015 we're looking at getting ...

Agents of SHIELD S02 pt 2
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
ANT-MAN
Daredevil netflix series
Agents of SHIELD S03 pt 1?
Agent Carter S02?

... then in 2016...

Agents of SHIELD S03 pt 2?
Jessica Jones netflix series
CAPTAIN AMERICA 3
DOCTOR STRANGE?
Iron Fist netflix series
Agents of SHIELD S04 pt 1?
Agent Carter S03 or something else?

:)

New properties i think we'll likely see:

Inhumans (no way was the sudden huge push for them in the comics a coincidence)
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
I'd like to see She-Hulk as well. We need some more ladies.

Are the Luke Cage and Daredevil Netflix series gonna lead into a film? Or are they gonna keep those universes separate?

Neither. They will not lead into a film and it will all be one universe.

Are the Luke Cage and Daredevil Netflix series gonna lead into a film? Or are they gonna keep those universes separate?

Daredevil's 2015, followed by Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage over the next two years, and they will all lead up to the Defenders (2017) "mini-series event" as they're calling it.

It's all the same universe, We're just taking a look at a different corner of it that's more suited to the small screen and a more gradual form of storytelling.

I do think that a cameo from Doctor Strange would be cool in Defenders though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"