Message to Mackie, Jarv, Ivan, MSJ, Marvel, SHH

Midnyte_Sun

Medianoche de Sol
Reaction score
I don't think any Ghost Rider fans here every in their lives would believe they would get a chance to talk to the people that helped shape the character they grew up reading and even admiring!

Javiar Saltaires (Jarv) comes in here to give us updates and even tipped us on a Ghost Rider comic that is out now. His first drawing of Ghost Rider helped to inspire a comic to be a hit, and now the character he drew is on the big screen the way he drew it!

Howard Mackie takes time off from his own schedule to communicate with fans of his works online to answer unanswered questions that were lingering on our minds for almost a decade. What other established comic writer would ever think of doing something like that almost daily??? Growing up as a teenager, Howard Mackie inspired me to read more, to write more, and I would never think twice of relenquishing any of his works to anybody. I personally can't even fathom how much it means to a fan to talk to the writers of a comic you grew up reading. How do you explain that in words?

Ivan Velez Junior also has stopped by a few message boards to talk to us, to vent, or even just to stop by and say Hi. I remember in the 90s one day on AOL I happenned to meet up and talk to him on Instant Message. What are the chances? He probably doesn't even remember but that made my day. Who knows he may be creeping on these boards as we speak. :word:

And last but not least, MSJ. What more can we say, he is a fan's dream. He's a fan of Jarv's work, the older GR writers and artists, he's a fan of Mackie's characters, he's a Fan of Ghost Rider at heart, and he, like us believe that Ghost Rider should be brought to the big screen. He has been updating the fans of the character, he has took time to talk to us here, he goes out of his way to give us sneek peeks. He fought through the red tape and almost a decade of waiting, soon we'll all be watching it with him.

Some people are skeptics at heart (like myself) but in no way would it bring me to feel any ill will towards MSJ ,or the Arads or anybody at Marvel who had faith in the character. I can only wish success for them in their careers and their dreams.

So sincerely,

Thank you.

here!, here!.
just kidding. it actually blows my mind.
i've worked on numerous projects for various companies
and have yet to experience the kind of excitment and loyalty
ghost rider fans have. it really is a very cool feeling to watch you
guys (and gals) get so keyed up about 'ol flame head.
if ghostrider becomes my only claim to fame in this industry
i would still die a happy man. he really is my all time favorite
character in comics. thanks for all the kind words and keeping the flame burning. hey, i made a funny!
thanks again
jarv

here!, here!.
just kidding. it actually blows my mind.
i've worked on numerous projects for various companies
and have yet to experience the kind of excitment and loyalty
ghost rider fans have. it really is a very cool feeling to watch you
guys (and gals) get so keyed up about 'ol flame head.
if ghostrider becomes my only claim to fame in this industry
i would still die a happy man. he really is my all time favorite
character in comics. thanks for all the kind words and keeping the flame burning. hey, i made a funny!
thanks again
jarv

GR was my first comic i bought myself with my own money.(well, i cleaned my room and took out the garbage so my mom gave me the money). But the important thing is ive always had a connection with GR. No matter the writer, no matter the artist. GR was MY comic of choice.. Still is... So my hat is off to ALL of you artists and writers who created such a KICK-A$$ HERO!!!!

Thanks for the kind words. They mean alot to me.

Best

Howard Mackie

You guys are all awesome!

I would say I REALLY want to meet all of you someday (especially MSJ...man he's awesome!) but that could never happen.

But in truth, you guys are beyond sweet. You love the fans...and that's the best thing!

CAH

I agree. Everyone of you are just awesome. Most people just do what they do to make a quick buck. You lot have proved you actualy care about the fan community

Thanks guys

Same to me.
I have no words to express my happiness for the chance of chatting with the people who made part of GR´s legend.
It really means a lot to me.
Just for being part of the Demon Cyclist´s history, they are forever in my heart, but taking time to talk with the fans, answering questions and all, man, it´s the ultimate consideration and respectful acts of real idols.
Once again, thanx all of you ( Mackie, Jarv, Ivan and MSJ ) for stopping by. You´re the best among the best!
GR4EVR!!!

yup...i would never have thought that we would get a chance to talk to the creators of GR. these guys have been class acts especially considering how other sites see it as "cool" to trash the movie and or the books.

Its good to know that throughout the entire troubled run of GR (both in book form and movies) that there were always a group of hard core fans at Marvel trying to keep the character alive.
Again this need to be repeated but everything you dudes have done (whether we may agree w/ or not) has been greatly appreciated!!

now we just need to get Gary Friedrich , Mike Ploog, Mark Texeria, Avi Arad, Jim Shooter, and J.M. DeMatteis in here and we should have all the folks who have been keeping GR going for all these years.

<<yup...i would never have thought that we would get a chance to talk to the creators of GR. these guys have been class acts especially considering how other sites see it as "cool" to trash the movie and or the books.>>

The MAIN reason I came ot this sight was because I had finally seen the trailer for the movie, and I wanted to sing its praises. I had heard MSJ give a shout out to the site somewhere, and thought this would be a good place to do so. Also, I am very old school. If I don't have anything good to say about somebody, or there work... I say NOTHING. Itis too easy, with the internet, to just start typing trash about people... I know I have plenty of trash typed about me.

Anyway, the reason I continue to hang around here is because all of YOU seem quite civil. I don't come here expecting praise, I really do not mind constructive criticism(or questions) as long as they do not come as personal attacks.

Best

Howard

<<yup...i would never have thought that we would get a chance to talk to the creators of GR. these guys have been class acts especially considering how other sites see it as "cool" to trash the movie and or the books.>>

The MAIN reason I came ot this sight was because I had finally seen the trailer for the movie, and I wanted to sing its praises. I had heard MSJ give a shout out to the site somewhere, and thought this would be a good place to do so. Also, I am very old school. If I don't have anything good to say about somebody, or there work... I say NOTHING. Itis too easy, with the internet, to just start typing trash about people... I know I have plenty of trash typed about me.

Anyway, the reason I continue to hang around here is because all of YOU seem quite civil. I don't come here expecting praise, I really do not mind constructive criticism(or questions) as long as they do not come as personal attacks.

Best

Howard

Aye, we're a civilised little group here. Elsewhere it's pretty bad.

:yay:

I agree with all the other guys, I would never have thought that MSJ, Mackie & Saltaires would have frequented these boards. But its great to see these guys take time out from there hectic sheduals to spend time with us.

Nice post Midnyte. We're truly some incredibly lucky fans of a character here. I, like everyone else, never expected to have an oportunity to chat with the creators (and further developers) of the character I love so much. It's a strange feeling really. I mean, when I used to think about the artists and writers of the comic (and director of the movie), I always pictured them as gods (and still do really), above the rest of society. It was always hard to picture them as real people or something. Sorta like how most feel about famous actors and such. Now that we have this extremely wonderful opportunity to connect with these folks, i'ts much easier to realize that these folks are no different than any of us... expect we're on different ends of the spectrum. They're the ones who bring us the creation and we're the ones to eat it up.

Anyway, Thanks Howard. Thanks Javier. Thanks Mark. I'm not sure if you guys will ever realize how special your visits with us make us feel. Thanks for having the same passion for the character that we all have... or better yet, giving us something to be passionate about.

Thanks, guys. Means a lot to me. I love this character (I'd better, it's been my life for the past three years!). And this is by the far my favorite site on the net. So nice to chat with fans who actually love comics and comic-based movies. The internet can be such a great way to bring people together, but it can also bring out the worst in people, hating on everything behind the shroud of anonymity. Criticisms on this site are usually constructive and that's something that I really appreciate. Because if the fans aren't happy, what's the point, right? I'm getting close! Will be posting some score of the movie soon!

Best

MSJ

MSJ said:
Thanks, guys. Means a lot to me. I love this character (I'd better, it's been my life for the past three years!). And this is by the far my favorite site on the net. So nice to chat with fans who actually love comics and comic-based movies. The internet can be such a great way to bring people together, but it can also bring out the worst in people, hating on everything behind the shroud of anonymity. Criticisms on this site are usually constructive and that's something that I really appreciate. Because if the fans aren't happy, what's the point, right? I'm getting close! Will be posting some score of the movie soon!

Best

MSJ
Friggin Sweet!

You're one cool dude Mark...

CAH

Yes.. as a fan I appreciate the interacting that this site and these people provide.

You guys are great...

BUT.. if Pop Mahn ever shows up there will be a military style blanket party.. :p

HFM

i don't believe it.
the man i've been waiting to show up on the board
forever now and here he is. never thought he'd show up as
"msj". (who'ld a thought) should have just checked that for myself.
a question for msj. did you see my storyboard samples and if so,
what did you think? i'm available for gr 2!
all joking aside, saw the trailer and thought it was awesome!
it's incredible to see this thing come to "big screen" life and top it
off with nic gage. just awesome.
btw, all you seeing this.
you have no idea how giddy i am right now.
if you don't realize this. you made ghost rider.
ideas come and go. it's the ones that take because the fans care enough to
"call" in that become history. a very sincere and humble thanks to you all.
jarv

Wow, this is your first encounter with Mark, Jarv. Didn't realize you didn't know he was MSJ on here. We should have filled ya in. Now you can send him a PM or something.

Speakin' of which, if GR 2 is ever made, I think both you and Howard would be valuable resources... um, people (yeah, that sounds better), to the franchise. A little chit chat between ya'll would harm anything, that's for sure. Perhaps you guys could convince Mark how awesome a character like Dan would be. The seperated brother angle is too good to pass up afterall. Make him Vengeance or something.

But, I digress. The first movie isn't even out yet and I'm miles beyond it. I guess it's because I've been following it so closely for so freakin' long now. Crazy how time goes.

I really have to stop talking so much...

Oh, and Jarv... did you ever subtly mention this place to Tex... or even Way? I'm sure they'd have a larf here too...

Oh... the seeds I am a plantin'...

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

MSJ said:

Best

MSJ

Ohhh, tasty. Score.

Speakin' of which, was any of it featured in the most recent trailer? It seems like some of it could have been...

Oh, and you're right, this is the best place on 'the internets'. 'The Google' told me so.

Zinga.

A sample of the sound Christopher Young has gone for with the soundtrack will definitely be sweet. Can't wait to hear it.

Thanks MSJ!

:yay:

Cant wait to hear it Mark...should be cool :up:

To all the creators and artists have done so much to bring a character to life ... in the comics and on the big Screen ... Thank you.

I have been buying and reading comics since I was four. I always loved the Marvel characters, especially Spiderman and Ghost Rider. When I branched out in the 80's and started reading 57 titles each month I knew that I had found a great source of entertainment as well as a way to be broke very quickly.

I gave up when Spidey was a clone etc. etc. and so I followed the Dark Knight for the last 10 years or so. Secretly I dreamed of the Rider though ... and now at Long last he is coming to the Big Screen.

Life is funny. You read the comics and think they can't bring your imagination to life ... and then MSJ does. THANK YOU!!!

To the writers and artists on the comics... please know we appreciate all the work you did ... we love / loved the character and waited for him.

94 days to go.

Like I said in the blog thread, I don't like pushing buttons and I know how easy for Jarv and Howard to be a target. I'm glad I had the experiance at the Kubert school I did. Being taught by Greg Hildabrandt, Joe Kubert, Sal Amendola gave me an insight of what they went through.
I have a respect for ANY of the Artist's and writer's and always will.
MSJ, man tackling something like this has to be fun and a chore at the same time, I wouldn't even know where to start, so I just sit and watch you do your stuff.
I do have to say, GR has always been a small community, as has Thor's fan's over the years, and I realise that the writers and artist's are fans too or they wouldn't be doing what they are doing, so why treat you any different. I've been a fan since Ploog drew GR and I wish Mike would find his way here. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"