MGM has the Hobbit and T4 ??!! WTF

ToddIsDead said:
I really think the only way to go with T4 is to have it take place in 2029 and have old John and Reese as the main characters. It would have the resistance hunting down all of the Terminator manufacturing warehouses, and the time-displacement equipment. There should be flashbacks to the beginning of the war and the time that John and Kyle spent in the concentration camps, or it could start in the camps and be about the revolution. It would end with the first T-800 and Kyle being sent back to May 12th, 1984.
Once again, I think this is the only way to do T4 right. And I'd only want to see it made if it were directed by James Cameron or Spielberg, which will never happen. And of course, I would settle for no other person than Michael Biehn to play Reese.

Just added this to the news item... "'The Hobbit' (film or films) will be produced in partnership with New Line."

Great The First Hobbit news in a while. MGM needs a big hit and The Hobbit could do it. Its good they want Peter Jackson to do it. I m just hoping he doesn't produce but if he writes produces and doesn't direct and the Ians return then i think Gore Verbinski would be a great director while P.J works behind the scenes. As long as you get a good resolt.

The Phantom said:
They should start off T4 where T3 left off and have John, Kate, and the T-850 somehow get transported to the future, near the end of the war, where John meets Reese. The humans and Skynet are at a standstill and basically the major bulk of the movie is John becoming the leader he was destined to be and turning the tides of war. The T-850 will have a clone nemesis that he fights at numerous points in the movie. In the end Skynet should be all but defeated and their last ditch effort is to transport the evil T-850 back in time. The T-850's have their climactic battle as the evil one makes an attempt to go back in time. Unfortunately the good T-850 loses and the evil one jumps back in time to kill John's mother. Even though the humans win the war, the evil T-850 has escaped, and Reese volunteers to be sent back in time after him.

Thus we get a satisfactory end and at the same time it connects the movie to the original Terminator.

That's exactly the concept that I pitched.

:up:

I think it'd be really cool to show the insides of Skynet, the concentration camps, and of course more of the development of John and Reese.

the marine by John cena is kinda like T4, but he's not metal, but hey. t1000 is the villan

ToddIsDead said:
Once again, I think this is the only way to do T4 right. And I'd only want to see it made if it were directed by James Cameron or Spielberg, which will never happen. And of course, I would settle for no other person than Michael Biehn to play Reese.

Omg, you quoted yourself. :wow:

Peter jacko? again? no. they got to get someone else for the hobbit movie..I'd say Lucas :yay:

I am pumped about T4. can't wait!

TheVileOne said:
most of those movies sound like crap. The Pink Panther remake was garbage. T3 was pointless. I see no point in a sequel to the remake of the Thomas Crowne Affair either. And that movie came out years ago. No one is going to care about a sequel. Just like the Zorro sequel came way too late.

agreed.

I'm not a big fan of the Tolkien books so bare with me.

Hobbit obviously takes place before the Ring movies and centers around Bilbo and Gandalf? Obviously they'd get a different character for Bilbo but I just have the feeling this movie wouldn't have a wide spread appeal as the LOTR trilogy.

Secondly, I just think MGM would be so desperate for the Hobbit to be good that they'd want to have heavy studio involvement.

Is this going to even be directed but Peter Jackson?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/24456

What is this about MGM wanting to make THE HOBBIT with Peter Jackson?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Variety ran a piece today in which MGM's CEO, Harry Sloan, announced his tentpole flicks, one of them being THE HOBBIT with Peter Jackson, Sloan hopes. He also mentioned making a TERMINATOR 4, PINK PANTHER sequel (yech) and a THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR sequel.
As luck would have it, I interviewed Peter Jackson this afternoon. We talked about everything he's involved in and in the next week you'll see the interview go up in pieces, including one about THE HOBBIT. But he did say that he woke up this morning to see that MGM says he's making THE HOBBIT with them, which was strange. He said that as unbelievable as it may be, he's never once talked to any studio, be it New Line or MGM, about doing THE HOBBIT. So, as of today Jackson has not talked to anybody about doing the movie, but he did say he'd like to do it, even though his schedule gets more crowded every passing week. So, if MGM wants to do this thing it might be a good idea to see if Jackson is up for it, no?
As some might know, the rights to THE HOBBIT are kind of jumbled. If I have it right, MGM owns the distribution rights, yet somehow New Line owns the rights to make the film. Meaning New Line could make the movie, but couldn't release it. I'm thinking MGM is trying to partner with New Line in order to do this thing, which would be really cool if I don't say so myself. I'd love to see Smaug realized in the Peter Jackson LOTR universe.
I'm going to be busting my ass transcribing over the next couple of days, so stay tuned for more on the Peter Jackson front, including his exact words and further comments on THE HOBBIT

StarWarsAgent said:
Peter jacko? again? no. they got to get someone else for the hobbit movie..I'd say Lucas :yay:

It should be Peter or nothing. And George Lucas are you serious?

StarWarsAgent said:

C'mon this is an act right?

xwolverine2 said:
why didnt they make the hobbit before the lotr trilogy?

The same reason Lucas made the Original Trilogy first...

it was the most interesiting part of the story.....

Hate say this but The Hobbit could be a bigger film or films then the L.O.T.R. I think you guys are so wrong that the better story has been told. The Hobbit is alot of people favorite book. The Hobbit was always gone from the school or local library when i was a kid.

The Hobbit doesn't alot of multipul characters like Rings endless characters introductions. The Hobbit centers around and entire group of people. 13 Dwarves and Bilbo Baggins and the accasional Gandalf The Grey moments.
Bilbo has alot of dangers and is the most unlikely hero but Bilbo in the Hobbit erans the rest of Dwarves, Men and Elves. Bilbo is the great Hobbit and the reason the events in Rings get started. His story is truely a great one.

Leading to three trolls, deadly orcs, ridddles in the dark, the birth of sting, the spiders, the great lord of the eagles,lake town, the battle of five armies, and lets not forget Smog the greatest dragon villain in any book. I think the Hobbit can hold 2 films and be fantastic.

Both the Hobbit and T4 could be great films in the right hands . However, even if T4 is handled well, the failure of T3 to live up to the quality of the first two films will reduce the impact it will have. :cmad: If the Hobbit is produced with the same production standards as LOTR it will do well, although maybe not as well as the LOTR films themselves.

Can 2 different studios have the same production standards?

Obviously that article from aintitcool, it seems Jackson isn't even onboard yet.

Thirdly, obviously the Hobbit book is some people's favorites. But without the same characters, will it be as wildly embraced as the LOTR trilogy?

Erzengel said:
Can 2 different studios have the same production standards?
They may do things very differently but overall quality levels can be roughly equal. If the feel of the Hobbit in even close to LOTR it will be well received by fans.

Erzengel said:
Obviously that article from aintitcool, it seems Jackson isn't even onboard yet.
Without Jackson many people will stay away. Getting him is probably crucial to the project.

Erzengel said:
Thirdly, obviously the Hobbit book is some people's favorites. But without the same characters, will it be as wildly embraced as the LOTR trilogy?
I don't personally think it will. I like all the books but the Hobbit is nowhere near as epic as LOTR. It may be a lot of people's favourite book but the LOTR books are also many people's favourite set of books. As long as the quality and consistency (where possible) is there, most LOTR fans will watch The Hobbit even if only as some sort of 'DVD extra' to LOTR. If made well, it should be a great film in its own right.

Boom said:
If they don't get Jackson and WETA, I'm honestly not interested.

YUP!!

Hasnt Arnold's time come and gone. Do we really need another Terminator film?

StarWarsAgent said:

Oh hell no! Lucas shouldnt even be allowed to touch The Hobbit.

Erzengel said:
Secondly, I just think MGM would be so desperate for the Hobbit to be good that they'd want to have heavy studio involvement.

I agree. Too much involvment from the studio's end can be a bad thing.

PowersOfMind said:
Oh hell no! Lucas shouldnt even be allowed to touch The Hobbit.
I'm 96% sure he's joking. :up:

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I'm 96% sure he's joking. :up:

LOL. Dont get me wrong I love the original SW trilogy, but Lucas and the Hobbit... no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"