Michael Douglas is Hank Pym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I hate it, and I didn't want to, but I do.

I feel ya, I love Hank and this to me just sucks. His dynamic with Jan would have been compelling on screen and now nothing.

I really wish they had just ripped the band aid weeks ago when they confirmed Rudd. Dragging it out like this has made it worse imo.

:up: At least you're being civil in regards this whole news. There are some people who are over-reacting and throwing tantrums.:dry:
Not all of us are as cool as Lee or Showtime. I have thrown tantrums on occasion and I can understand the initial gut reaction. Don't get me started on when Snyder got Man of Steel. :funny:

But as long as you avoid attacking others, I don't see much of a problem with it. After all, these forums are a bit of cathartic relief. Eventually the vast majority start trying to figure out how things are going to work and think about the film we are going to get, and not necessarily the one they dreamed or hoped for.

To Steal an Ant-Man

And honestly, one is all he needs at the moment. While having a game plan is great (and Marvel of course does), focusing on the singular story at hand always holds takes precedence, and I'm glad Marvel tends to do that (despite the abundant easter eggs in IM2 and T:TDW). If TSAAM is what Wright and Feige want to adapt, then I say let them go for it.

That said, I do understand that the genuine fans who are disappointed (and not just the rabid OCD-driven fanboy type) deserve to be bummed. I could only imagine if IM1 was about Rhodey taking Stark's tech and becoming Iron Man himself for the MCU.

That said, Wright directing Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas interacting as superheroes and potentially going head-to-head is gonna be fantasmic.

What is this suppose to mean? So because you are a fan and are disappointed by this news, you are whiny and have to get over it?

I think you missed the point of these fan gathering forums.

Nah, I haven't missed the point of forums like these. I think people need to get over it because of the previous two points that I made. That they already gave Pym the shaft by not making him a founding leader and possibly not creating Ultron. Doesn't mean fans have to like this news but what's done is done.

I wonder what Douglas we will get, I prefer my douglas to be of The Ghosts in the Darkness variety.

I won't throw a tantrum over this.

No matter what, this is what's happening. This is the movie Wright wants to make. Such is life. Can't spend life crying over spilled milk.

I mean this could work out very well for all involved. But I've always gravitated to Hank Pym as a character.

But Scott Lang might play more to casual viewers since he's more of a blue collar average joe. He was screwed over by the system. He's a single father with a sick daughter and he's trying to care of her.

Disappointment from certain people aside, since there is probably going to be a scene with Hank Pym in his prime during the 60's as Ant-Man, who would you think they would select to play younger Hank Pym?

Since there has been a trend of Marvel sometimes hiring TV actors and people that have worked with Joss Whedon in the past, maybe they could go with Alan Tudyk. He has shown that he can be great with action, has a very great wit, but can also be very dramatic and serious when he needs to be.

Plus, if you compare photos of Alan Tudyk to Michael Douglas, they look look similar enough to each other that they could pass as the younger and older versions of Hank Pym respectively. And Alan could pass as someone a little bit younger than his actual age.

Then allow me...

This has to be the worst Marvel news since they became a solo studio. F***** awful doing that to a founding Avenger. I hope this crap is laughed out of the cinema to teach Marvel a valuable lesson.

I'm as far away from a book purist as it gets. I loved The Manadrin twist in IM3. I have supported Marvel heavily from day one. (I just paid to see Thor: The Dark World AGAIN this very day) I didn't care what they did but taking Hank Pym out of future films and future character evolutions angers my blood. There's no way this thing gets my money but will get my bad word of mouth.

Nah, I haven't missed the point of forums like these. I think people need to get over it because of the previous two points that I made. That they already gave Pym the shaft by not making him a founding leader and possibly not creating Ultron. Doesn't mean fans have to like this news but what's done is done.
I expect fans to be disappointed as it seems the studio has left hope out there for years, only for them to end it time after time, while leaving an opening that we would see the character of Hank Pym done justice. That is what makes this situation pretty horrible for fans of the character imo.

Last edited:
Then allow me...

This has to be the worst Marvel news since they became a solo studio. F***** awful doing that to a founding Avenger. I hope this crap is laughed out of the cinema to teach Marvel a valuable lesson.

I'm as far away from a book purist as it gets. I loved The Manadrin twist in IM3. I have supported Marvel heavily from day one. (I just paid to see Thor: The Dark World AGAIN this very day) I didn't care what they did but taking Hank Pym out of future films and future character evolutions angers my blood. There's no way this thing gets my money but will get my bad word of mouth.

If you're not a book purist or as you said "I didn't care what they did", then there should be no reason to be angry over this. I understand the anger from fans who have been fans of Ant-Man for years but I don't see a reason why you personally should be angry.

Also, this movie will get your money. Over the years so many fans have said they would boycott this and boycott that, but we all know they still watch it.

I expect fans to be disappointed as it seems the studio has left hope out there for years, only for them to end it time after time, while leaving an opening that we would see the character of Hank Pym done justice. That is what makes this situation pretty horrible for fans of the character imo.

actually, in this case, it was the fans (not the studio) that gave false hope. this was Wright's original pitch. if you take him at his word, this was always his intentions.

Then allow me...

if you plan to spread lies about the movie then i hope you get everything that's coming to you.

It will be interesting to see how they go with this. It's impressive star power with the old (Douglas) and the new (Rudd) for what is basicly an unknown character for the general audience.

If you're not a book purist or as you said "I didn't care what they did", then there should be no reason to be angry over this. I understand the anger from fans who have been fans of Ant-Man for years but I don't see a reason why you personally should be angry.

Also, this movie will get your money. Over the years so many fans have said they would boycott this and boycott that, but we all know they still watch it.

Oh, I'll watch it I just won't PAY to see it. Like I said, I just paid to see Thor The Dark World but walked in to see Wolf of Wall Street. That's how much of a Marvel nut I am. Taking Pym out of play in future films just pisses me off that much.

No matter what, this is what's happening. This is the movie Wright wants to make. Such is life. Can't spend life crying over spilled milk.

Yes. This. Thank you. While I love the news and have no problem, I understand others who might not like the news. But some people really just lose it and go insane. What you said above is perfect, just be rational. I don't think enough people do that. They should listen to you Vile:word:

actually, in this case, it was the fans (not the studio) that gave false hope. this was Wright's original pitch. if you take him at his word, this was always his intentions.
So why didn't they just say it was Scott? They wouldn't and plenty asked.

So why didn't they just say it was Scott? They wouldn't.

because they didn't want you to see as big a name as Michael Douglas coming. the moment people knew Douglas was involved, they had confirmation of the story. that would have been spoiling things. why did people assume that Rudd wasn't Scott?

if you plan to spread lies about the movie then i hope you get everything that's coming to you.

No lies but I guarantee you I won't be kind. The FREE PR I've done for Marvel over the years is actually quite epic. They've turned a die hard Marvel Zombie in to an angry fan with one stroke.

No lies but I guarantee you I won't be kind. The FREE PR I've done for Marvel over the years is actually quite epic. They've turned a die hard Marvel Zombie in to an angry fan with one stroke.

:dry::dry::dry::dry:

because they didn't want you to see as big a name as Michael Douglas coming. the moment people knew Douglas was involved, they had confirmation of the story. that would have been spoiling things. why did people assume that Rudd wasn't Scott?
Douglas is a fine actor, who put in another career performance last year. He isn't putting butts in the seats to see Ant-Man.

I don't think I recall this being the original pitch way back in the early 2000's when the report that there was an Ant-Man movie in the works that was published in Wizard. Plus when you say Ant-Man even a on and off fan knows to associate that with Pym and Jan.

taking Hank Pym out of future films and future character evolutions angers my blood.
I see 60ies period pieces with a young Pym in the future. (I mean, let's face it, how many stories can one tell with Lang as the main character? Lang centric sequels are therefore unlikely) Pym-prequels would be a nice way to fill the gap in the MCU timeline that exists between 1945-2008. Maybe Pym even inspired Fury to come up with the Avengers initiative, which would make him technically one of the founders.
Remember when Fury told Stark that he's not the only superhero in the world? technically, with Cap lost and the Hulk considered more a monster than a hero, Stark at that time was the only superhero. UNLESS someone else was active at that time we don't know yet. This someone could have been Pym all along.
I see potential here.

I don't think I recall this being the original pitch way back in the early 2000's when the report that there was an Ant-Man movie in the works that was published in Wizard. Plus when you say Ant-Man even a on and off fan knows to associate that with Pym and Jan.

i don't and never have. and it was Scott Lang's involvement that got me interested in Wright's pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"