Michael J. Fox Plans Return with New Comedy Series

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/kat...el-j-fox’s-nbc-series-produced-by-will-gluck/
Katie Finneran To Co-Star In Michael J. Fox’s NBC Series Produced By Will Gluck
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

I Hate My Teenage Daughter lead Katie Finneran has landed a co-starring role on Michael J. Fox’s NBC comedy series, which has a 22-episode order for a fall 2013 launch. The single-camera comedy, from Sony Pictures TV and producer-director Will Gluck, is inspired by Fox’s real life and stars him as Mike Burnaby, a husband and father of three in New York City juggling the challenges of family and career while dealing with Parkinson’s disease. A former lead anchor for a local station in NY, Mike decides to go back to work after a new medication helps him manage the effects of his illness. Finneran will play Mike’s narcissistic, single and jobless sister. Also cast in the series are Conor Romero as Mike’s college dropout son who recently returned home, and Jack Goor as his younger, 7-year-old son.

In addition to Fox, Finneran, Romero and Goor join Wendell Pierce, who was previously cast as Mike’s boss Harris. The show is planning to begin production on the first episode of its 22-episode order later this month in New York, followed by a break before filming on the rest of the episodes. Finneran is a Tony-winning Broadway actress whose TV series credits include Teenage Daughter, in which she starred alongside Jaime Pressly, The Inside, Wonderfalls and Bram And Alice. She is with Innovative.

I can't wait for this. I love Michael J. Fox, he's a really nice guy.

Katie was great in Wonderfalls, nice addition to the cast.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/bet...el-j-fox’s-nbc-series-produced-by-will-gluck/
Betsy Brandt To Star In Michael J. Fox’s NBC Series Produced By Will Gluck
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

As AMC’s dark drama Breaking Bad is wrapping its final season, co-star Betsy Brandt is segueing to a new series, this time on the comedy side. Brandt is set as the female lead opposite Michael J. Fox on his NBC comedy, which has a 22-episode order for a fall 2013 launch. The single-camera comedy, from Sony Pictures TV and producer-director Will Gluck, is inspired by Fox’s real life and stars him as Mike Burnaby, a husband and father of three in New York City juggling the challenges of family and career while dealing with Parkinson’s disease. A former lead anchor for a local NY station, Mike decides to go back to work after Parkinson’s forced him to take time off. Brandt, repped by TalentWorks and Patty Woo Management, will play Mike’s tough and loyal wife who works at their daughter’s high school. Her casting in the project required scheduling adjustments as Breaking Bad is currently filming its final episodes in Albuquerque, NM, while the Michael J. Fox show is slated to begin production at the end of next week in New York. It helped that both series are produced by Sony TV. On the pilot, directed by Gluck, Brandt joins Fox, Wendell Pierce, Katie Finneran, Conor Romero and Jack Gore.

The trailer is up. Looks hysterical:

[YT]SXl-krlLoxg[/YT]

Katie was great in Wonderfalls, nice addition to the cast.

I saw her as Miss Hannigan in Annie on Broadway a few months ago. She was really good. :up:

I think this show will be appointment television for me. :)

Awww, too bad though that they didn't retain the character's original surname of Michael Burnaby. :(

Burnaby is the name of a small city in the suburbs of Vancouver, where Michael J. grew up, and where I am originally from as well. Oh well, the show will still be good.

Last edited:
wow. i like what i see.

who had the idea for this show?

:lmao:

Gotta respect that they're not dancing around the Parkinsons.

It sounds like a lot of the stuff that he's written about in his books, dealing with every day stuff with PD.

I don't watch many comedy shows (Just Community & Modern Family) but I'll be watching this, looks great. :funny:

The girl playing his daughter looks like a younger version of Susan Sarandon's daughter.

Out of all the new comedies this one looks the best.I just hope they didnt use all their ''good material'' in that trailer.

Looks great. Will definitely be watching.

I like it and the 9:30 timeslot avoids competition from Chuck Lorre shows.

Like how he can poke fun at his tragic situation, "For me this is perfectly still" was funny

That tends to happen when the network that's airing it doesn't give a **** about it and decides to only start airing episodes in june, with little to no promotion.

I kinda liked it, but totally agree with you. I had NO IDEA when the show aired so I always missed it, had to torrent it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"