Sarah Michelle Gellar plotting TV return in comedy

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://tvline.com/2013/01/05/sarah-michelle-gellar-tv-return-comedy-2013/
Exclusive: Sarah Michelle Gellar Plotting TV Return – and There's a Buffy Connection!

Sarah Michelle Gellar may be back on the small screen next fall as the star of a new half-hour comedy, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The potential (and currently untitled) series, which is being developed at 20th Century Fox TV (home of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), chronicles the hijinks parents get into while their kids are at home.

Gellar would play the wife/mother.

The actress — who attempted a TV comeback last year with The CW’s now-cancelled Ringer — became interested in the project after reading the Shepard Boucher-penned spec script. (Boucher’s credits include serving as a staff writer on the TBS comedy Men at Work.)

The project will be shopped to the major networks in the coming weeks.

David Hemingson (How I Met Your Mother, Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23) and Margaret Riley (Love and Other Drugs) are attached as exec producers.

A 20th rep declined to comment for this story.

Thoughts? Excited to see Gellar take a stab at a sitcom? Thoughts on who could/should play her TV hubby? Hit the comments!
I just pray this won't be multicam on CBS.

I wanted her to reunite with Joss on SHIELD!

But hopefully this is good and gets picked up. And happens to be a hit. Though it seems like parent comedies are becoming to much nowadays.

Yeah, but they're the sole exception of being a good multicam comedy on CBS.

Yeah, but they're the sole exception of being a good multicam comedy on CBS.

Maybe they will strike gold twice. After all, Hemingson worked on How I Met Your Mother.

Finally great to hear SMG getting work.

I missed her on Buffy. Though I doubt we will ever get a Buffy movie.

Seriously, they need to do a reboot on Buffy....since Hollywood is so crazy over vampires now...."True Blood", "The Vampires Diaries"...........

Perfect companion show to the Michael J. Fox comedy on NBC.
Or ABC could easily slot it in after Modern Family.

Has to be either ABC or NBC. I don't think a family show fits the current brand of comedies at CBS. Fox has tried for family shows and they have been low in the ratings, though they may hope it strikes rich like Modern Family.

Seriously, they need to do a reboot on Buffy....since Hollywood is so crazy over vampires now...."True Blood", "The Vampires Diaries"...........

God no. It's way too early for that, and they already tried to do one a year or two ago, but it was with the Kuzui's, who effectively ruined Whedon's original vision of Buffy with that terrible movie, and then later forced their way into getting producer credits on the show and Angel. Their supposed new take on it sounded terrible, plus they were wanting to get someone like Megan Fox for the lead. That should tell you enough. And the backlash that came out from the fans... whoo. Plus, Whedon and pretty much everyone else who had anything to do with the original publicly said they wanted nothing to do with it.

There has been talk of a new Buffy movie, but it was supposed to ignore the television series and be a sequel to the original film. I think its dead now.

I wonder what this show is going to be called:

That's My Buffy!
How I Met Your Watcher
The Big Fangs Theory

I never understood the whole "it's too hard to get the entire cast together to do a movie" explanation we get basically every time. Though it would be no different from them doing any other movie everyone finds time to do for 2-3 months if their lives.

I never understood the whole "it's too hard to get the entire cast together to do a movie" explanation we get basically every time. Though it would be no different from them doing any other movie everyone finds time to do for 2-3 months if their lives.

Usually, when you make a movie, you don't have a specific group of people in mind before you're even green lit. That makes scheduling a little easier.

Perfect companion show to the Michael J. Fox comedy on NBC.
Or ABC could easily slot it in after Modern Family.

Has to be either ABC or NBC. I don't think a family show fits the current brand of comedies at CBS. Fox has tried for family shows and they have been low in the ratings, though they may hope it strikes rich like Modern Family.

I think NBC already has one with Go On. Fox/Perry hour on NBC? They won't pass that up...

I think NBC already has one with Go On. Fox/Perry hour on NBC? They won't pass that up...

I think they could have Go On on the same night, leading into Fox's show but it hasn't been a big hit. It airs after The Voice and Fox's comedy should nab a large audience and having a new show with SMG might be a better strategy.

New Thursdays

1600 Penn
Go On
Fox
Gellar
new drama

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"