Michael J Fox's Political Ad

I assume we won't hear back from War Lord on this. He knows he's wrong and we all know, like Limbaugh himself, he won't apologize for wrongfully trying to smear MJF.

sinewave said:
I assume we won't hear back from War Lord on this. He knows he's wrong and we all know, like Limbaugh himself, he won't apologize for wrongfully trying to smear MJF.

I only disappear when I have something else to do.

I know I'm not wrong and nobody was smearing MJF.

War Lord said:
I only disappear when I have something else to do.

I know I'm not wrong and nobody was smearing MJF.

you're wrong, and claiming someone is faking their horrible symptoms of a disease is basically calling someone a liar, so yes, you're smearing him.

sinewave said:
you're wrong, and claiming someone is faking their horrible symptoms of a disease is basically calling someone a liar, so yes, you're smearing him.

I've never said he was faking.

Getting off of meds is not faking a disease.

War Lord said:
I've never said he was faking.

Getting off of meds is not faking a disease.

he wasn't off his meds, though. where did you get that idea? did you watch the interview i linked to?

sinewave said:
he wasn't off his meds, though. where did you get that idea? did you watch the interview i linked to?

And if you read the letter, you would have seen that the Neurologist has said that Fox had likely taken the meds, but it hadn't kicked in yet when the ad was filmed.

War Lord said:
And if you read the letter, you would have seen that the Neurologist has said that Fox had likely taken the meds, but it hadn't kicked in yet when the ad was filmed.

the guy is trying to claim that mjf purposely took the medication at just the right time where his mannerisms would be most exagerated, is that?

if you watched the interview he did with katie couric, he clearly states that there's no way to tell when or how powerfully the medication will kick in, so claming that he planned it just right so he would seem more animated is a pretty ridiculous and disgusting assertion. sounds like a smear attempt to me.

War Lord said:
The meds allow those with parkinson's to function normally. Being off the meds has no inherent benefit.

are you ****ing kidding me?

War Lord said:

LOL, shaking is a side effect of taking the meds.
that's a fact.
so, yeah.....no.:o

Mr Sparkle said:
are you ****ing kidding me?

shhh...don't bring it up. jonty addresses every point brought up, and he is also right about everything.

War Lord said:

that doesn't seem like fact to me.
seems like an opinion.
I'll bet if you asked 10 neurologists 8 will say he had indeed taken his meds.
in the end.
Michael J. Fox has campaigned for Republicans under the EXACT SAME PLATFORM.
I saw no outrage or critique of him or his ad then.
this underscores the depth to wich some narrow minded radio talk hack will sink to play to his base.
and the idiocy of ANYONE who would follow him, you see Jonty talking about a "slippery slope" here, but not for the patriot act, or anything he supports, his mentality is dangerous, because of it's limitations and selfishness.

Mr Sparkle said:
seems like an opinion.
I'll bet if you aske 10 neurologists 8 will say he had indeed taken his meds.
in the end.
Michael J. Fox has campaigned for Republicans inder the EXACT SAME PLATFORM.
this underscores the depth to wich some narrow minded radio talk hack will sink to play to his base.
and the idiocy of ANYONE who would follow him, you see Jonty talking about a "slippery slope" here, but not for the patriot act, or anything he supports, his mentality is dangerous, because of it's limitations and selfishness.

Secret foreign prisons, illegal wiretaps, suspension of habeas corpus and torture. I see no slippery slope! None! All is well! ALL IS WELL!

Mr Sparkle said:
seems like an opinion.
I'll bet if you asked 10 neurologists 8 will say he had indeed taken his meds.
in the end.
Michael J. Fox has campaigned for Republicans under the EXACT SAME PLATFORM.

it's a good thing he's not an american, then. though, there are plenty like him who are american. :(

God, too many people pay way too much attention to Limbaugh.

Darthphere said:
God, too many people pay way too much attention to Limbaugh.
I just like to see him try to spit the size 8 foot out of his mouth

Why does anyone care if he didn't use drugs to suppress his condition?:huh:
It's still his condition, and the meds won't work forever.

*guy on commercial bleeding a gallon out of his ass*
"Hey!:cmad: I happen to know that guy has access to medication which will make him only bleed a cupful of blood out of his ass. How manipulative!:cmad:"

:huh:

y'all have obviously never been to a nursing home while your Mom is treating people in the advanced stages of the disease. It's way worse than MJF was.
Point is, I know for a F.A.C.T., if anyone here had it, they'd want a cure as soon as possible too.
:o

I would drink embryonic stem cells straight out the can if need be.

Mr Sparkle said:
I would drink embryonic stem cells straight out the can if need be.

NEW!
ESC eXtreme performance drink!
Be able to write your name and feed yourself!
ALL night LONG!

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Why does anyone care if he didn't use drugs to suppress his condition?:huh:
It's still his condition, and the meds won't work forever.

*guy on commercial bleeding a gallon out of his ass*
"Hey!:cmad: I happen to know that guy has access to medication which will make him only bleed a cupful of blood out of his ass. How manipulative!:cmad:"

:huh:

y'all have obviously never been to a nursing home while your Mom is treating people in the advanced stages of the disease. It's way worse than MJF was.
Point is, I know for a F.A.C.T., if anyone here had it, they'd want a cure as soon as possible too.
:o

yeah...point i've been trying to make for a while now. Thank God Jonty has addressed this point so thoroughly.

I posted this in the other thread relating to this topic, but there seems to be more people contributing to this one. I found this while floating about the internets, I think it's pretty funny.

Dear Rush,

Fight on you patriot soldier. There are far too few of those like yourself these days who are willing to stick up for Americans in the face of weak, crippled freedom hating disease victims. I salute you, sir. Michael J. Fox was clearly faking those symptoms (quite poorly in my opinion) in order to garner sympathy from the viewers. Viewers who might believe that Parkinson's Disease is anything other than the magical funhouse of happy thoughts and increased energy that you and I both know it to be. Michael J. Fox pretending that his condition is in some way incapacitating or difficult to bear is an insult to the American public. It should be made widely known that the primary symptom of Parkinson's Disease is a multiple orgasm twice every hour and not some silly fidgeting and Ray Charles like head bobbing. The fact that this incident is being widely reported does bring me some hope however. Should your report act as a journalistic precident then perhaps someday we can break the lid off of the African people's willfull practices of Anorexia and Bulimia which is used to much the same sympathy soliciting purpose in Amnesty International ads. Everyone knows you're faking it, Africa!

Yours,
Sean N. Burke

P.S. Also, tell those autistic mother ****ers that they aren't fooling anyone either. Punk ass *****es.

maxwell's demon said:
no i didn't jonty, gees todd louiso. i said neorulogist.

lordy.

my word!

heh, todd luiso. this post makes me want to huff rc airplane fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"