Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch in Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’.

I feel bad for Leguizamo's character. No one is listening to him.

Rewatching last week's episode. The gunfight is just as intense as it was the first time I watched it.

I really like the guy playing Steve. I don't think I've ever seen him before but he was great in tonight's ep, imo.

I really like the guy playing Steve. I don't think I've ever seen him before but he was great in tonight's ep, imo.

He played Mickey Doyle in Boardwalk Empire and it's still jarring to hear him speak normally like he does in Waco after listening to the Mickey voice for so many seasons.

Solid episode again. I just wanted Judy and her baby to leave so badly. F David.

He played Mickey Doyle in Boardwalk Empire and it's still jarring to hear him speak normally like he does in Waco after listening to the Mickey voice for so many seasons.

Solid episode again. I just wanted Judy and her baby to leave so badly. F David.

I keep waiting for Mickey's little giggle to leak out. :p

...holy crap, that Paul Sparks! Is this one giant Boardwalk Empire reunion? At this rate, I'm not surprised that Kelly Macdonald isn't also one of the wives. Now that I look at Steve a bit more, I do see those same eyes in Mickey Doyle.

The scene between Steve and Gary might be my favorite of the episode just because it shows the bind they're both in, with neither being a big fan of their superiors or the people above them, but can't just dig in and quit, particularly when you've got that one chief above Gary who can change the narrative and get rid of a tape that makes the Davidians look 'normal' because they have access to the press.

There's what, four Boardwalk Empire actors in this show? Remus, Mickey, Van Alden, and Eli. Every time I see Michael Shannon and Shea Wigham's characters argue I think of Van Alden and Eli.

They're really capturing the cult mentality well. If I were Judy I would've said "F it" and left already under normal circumstances. My heart broke with the mom telling her kids "God wants me to stay here" instead of going with.

It's hard to understand the religious compulsion. It's the same thing that makes suicide bombers do what they do. :(

I find it fascinating how people abandon logic for cults.

I find it fascinating how people abandon logic for cults.

Some people just have a strong need to belong to something bigger than themselves. Just sad that there are others out there willing to take advantage of it. :(

You'd think they'd have a doctor in this cult trying to pick the bullets out of David, Judy, etc.

You'd think they'd have a doctor in this cult trying to pick the bullets out of David, Judy, etc.
Yeah, I was thinking the same. They had a lawyer, after all. If not a doctor, no one former military or anything that would have at least had any basic medic training? Surprised.

Well, I guess the positive in no American Crime Story tonight is getting to watch Waco live. Interesting to see Gary slowly change his tactics to appeal to the mother who just wants to be with her kid. It's not the results his superiors would want, for sure, but he's at least getting results.

I wonder if the critics who thought they were making Koresh too sympathetic would say the same if they had seen this far. I'm finding the other Davidians plenty sympathetic, but David? Nah. He doesn't actually seem to care about these people at all.

That is my biggest thing, people don't even know the guy was just another cultist with a thing for the women. I hope they are depicting him liked the caged hunter he was. He wasn't sympathetic at all, like a Manson that actually accumulated guns & munitions.

Well a large part of the 1st few eps of this was based on the accounts of David Thibodeau, who was a drinker of the kool-aid when it came to David, so in that sense, I can see where critics were coming from...BUT I think the filmmakers are trying to walk that line in showing WHY people would be drawn to David in the first place but not excusing his actions or sweeping the predatory nature of his relationships under the rug, and the more we see of him throughout this ordeal and how little empathy he has for the members of his "flock," the more we see this is really more about his ego than anything else.

I don't feel like the show is making him overly sympathetic. If anything, he's being showed as incredibly selfish. Especially in the most recent ep when he told the mother who left for her son that she wouldn't get his blessing and how be forbade Thibodeau from taking his wife and daughter with him.

So, no mention of him being predatory toward the female followers?

I don't feel like the show is making him overly sympathetic. If anything, he's being showed as incredibly selfish. Especially in the most recent ep when he told the mother who left for her son that she wouldn't get his blessing and how be forbade Thibodeau from taking his wife and daughter with him.

Yeah, that was pretty wince worthy. :( I felt bad for Thibs.

That finale was hard. Rory Culkin and Julia Garner were really great in their goodbye scene. That was heartbreaking. I kept hoping she'd get out, even though I knew she didn't.

That finale was hard. Rory Culkin and Julia Garner were really great in their goodbye scene. That was heartbreaking. I kept hoping she'd get out, even though I knew she didn't.

Yeah, the last half was pretty brutal. :( Just goes to show how good the show was.

Pretty gripping finale. Even though we knew how it would all end, there seemed to be that glimmer of hope at the start when they got communication to the outside.

There's never going to be a definitive answer on whether the Davidians or ATF started the fire, is there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"