Mighty Ducks TV Series in the Works

Looks like the arc for Bombay becoming head Coach again is definitely in the works. I can't wait. Once again Bombay takes a rag tag group and turns them into something special.

I have to admit, resolving that cliffhanger so quickly was a big surprise.

Cute episode though. The highs and lows of middle school romance. Don't know why that entertained me as much as it did. I did enjoy Alex and Stephanie bonding in the office.

Good episode, damn Stephanie must be a good driver with a hang over. I am glad that not all the bonding with rivals was for good, Coach T ended up tried to be sneaky.

the pacing for that show is so awful. I‘m really enjoying Big Shot much more and before the release I thought it‘ll be the opposite

The season finale put a smile on my face. Felt like watching the original Mighty Ducks movie for the first time, especially seeing the team wearing the classic jerseys and doing the Flying V

Ending definitely sets up a promising second season. Hope we gets season 2 news soon

Didn't finish the new episode but damn it feels like they really rushed through games the last 3 episodes. The off the ice stuff is nice but I also want to see how they work and got better on the ice, they really shouldn't have gotten that good that fast. Seems like the playoffs may get rushed just to get to the Duck match up, I know tv wouldn't do this but season 1 should have been regular season and maybe they come back for season 2 quickly and do the playoffs. Kids would look aged a bit though so it makes it hard to have it that way.

I have not watched this show at all. Did any of the Original Ducks appear?

Didn't finish the new episode but damn it feels like they really rushed through games the last 3 episodes. The off the ice stuff is nice but I also want to see how they work and got better on the ice, they really shouldn't have gotten that good that fast. Seems like the playoffs may get rushed just to get to the Duck match up, I know tv wouldn't do this but season 1 should have been regular season and maybe they come back for season 2 quickly and do the playoffs. Kids would look aged a bit though so it makes it hard to have it that way.

Cobra Kai shows just how badly this can go. The growth spurts that happened on the side characters in the season 2-3 gap is hilarious. And this cast is younger, so much more likely for it to be very noticeable. There is also a lot to be said about not betting on more seasons, and having your season be a complete story.

Frankly, I loved the finale. I felt it really worked.

Cobra Kai shows just how badly this can go. The growth spurts that happened on the side characters in the season 2-3 gap is hilarious. And this cast is younger, so much more likely for it to be very noticeable. There is also a lot to be said about not betting on more seasons, and having your season be a complete story.

Frankly, I loved the finale. I felt it really worked.
I just finished it and yeah makes sense why they rushed through the last games and playoffs. It really wasn't about those games in the end. It does have a clear end in case they don't get another season or a long delay so maybe they get new characters.

I loved the first 9 episodes of this show. Sure at times it felt a bit too cheesy, but overall it worked wonderfully for me. I hated the finale. It felt so incredibly rushed.

The episode kept on setting up obstacles, but our heroes cleared them with little to no effort 5 seconds later. The episode was missing the actual peril and our heroes actually going through the adversary. Inside, we are just told it is there, a monotone speech happens, and it's fixed. I was so disappointed with it and it made me really sad. Because up to that point, they setup everything and then seemingly just wrapped it up in an episode that was at least 15 mins too short.

Have to hand it too Bombay again he does it, take a rag-tag group of mispfits and unlocks a potential that turns them into something special.

I love all the callback to the original trilogy of Mighty Ducks films

The jersey and Flying V
Tricks on the Ice
The nail bite finish

Not gonna lie, Evan in Charlies' jersey got me. I would have liked a shot of everyone in the old jerseys to see who each of the kids got.

Not gonna lie, Evan in Charlies' jersey got me. I would have liked a shot of everyone in the old jerseys to see who each of the kids got.
Just guessing but
Evan-Charlie
Koob- had to be Goldberg
Nick-Averman since they joke
Sofi had one so maybe Banks since both the best players
Logan-Guy the pretty boys
Maya-Connie?
Lauren- Wu or Reed since early in season she talked about weapons so Bash Bro like.
Sam-Hall or Reed

I don't know who the extras would have had, one of Hall, Reed, or Wu.

I liked the finale. I can't say I'm crazy about how fast the Don't Bothers became so good, so fast, especially since most of them hadn't even played much or any hockey before this.

I thought it was fitting that they earned the title of "Ducks" back though.

Hopefully we get news about a season 2 soon and they can start filming towards the end of the year, early next year.

I'll be really disappointed if we don't get Charlie to appear and get a good storyarc but sounds like we'll get Kenan back for an episode.

the pacing for that show is so awful. I‘m really enjoying Big Shot much more and before the release I thought it‘ll be the opposite
I'm enjoying Big Shot more too but the writing for that is better and basketball is my favorite sport.

This clearly had more of a kids/family target audience and Big Shot is a little bit more of a teen/young adults target audience.

I was wondering myself why a series called "The Mighty Ducks" had focused almost entirely on a team called "The Don't Bothers" but it was just the set up to them getting the name back and becoming more like the spirit of the original Ducks.

I liked the finale. I can't say I'm crazy about how fast the Don't Bothers became so good, so fast, especially since most of them hadn't even played much or any hockey before this.
I enjoyed the show but yeah it was far from realistic if they wanted any kind of realism in terms of sports. Evan and Sofi who joined in the middle of the season were the only athletes. The kids not only didn't know how to play hockey but skating and they started like a week before the season. Would have been a bit more believable if it was a bunch of kids cut from numerous teams. Still liked the show though since all the characters were likable.

I enjoyed the show but yeah it was far from realistic if they wanted any kind of realism in terms of sports. Evan and Sofi who joined in the middle of the season were the only athletes. The kids not only didn't know how to play hockey but skating and they started like a week before the season. Would have been a bit more believable if it was a bunch of kids cut from numerous teams. Still liked the show though since all the characters were likable.
Especially with how they painted the new Ducks as this powerhouse who's churning out college hockey players.

Definitely still enjoyed the show and looking forward to hearing about season 2.

I really liked the finale. Sure, some things were rushed but that was to be expected with this episode length. Hope they do a second season. If they do, I could see some of the de-titled Ducks joining the new Ducks. That Ruby Reddick didn't seem ok with the dirty play, seems like a natural fit for the new Ducks. Maybe set up a rivalry with Sofi for the best player?

So, when do they hit that awkward growth spurt like in Cobra Kai?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"