Militia Members Occupy US Building in Oregon After Protest

I thought they got rid of tjose morons a while ago.

Time to see how much **** those jackasses broke.

Other than the native artifacts, I doubt there was much of worth in there, this place is so remote, the value is in the land and protected wildlife.
The big expense is in how they wasted everyone's time and money, and occupied federal agents for over a month and (arguably terrorized)/left the nearby towns on edge.

Last edited:
Seems about right, why would I consider this going down any other way. Feel free to arm yourselves and take over any abandoned federal building you see fit, apparently it's all good. My Country Tis of Thee...

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/judge_welcomes_new_juror_direc.html

Oregon standoff: All defendants found not guilty

Update at 4:10 p.m.: All defendants found not guilty.

Update: The jury reported to the court Thursday afternoon that it has reached consensus on all but one charge. The jury sent a note to the judge that members have "exhausted all discussion" and can't come to an agreement, and that "further deliberation would not help."

Deliberations started anew Thursday morning after the federal judge in the conspiracy trial against Ammon Bundy and six co-defendants welcomed a new juror and told the reconstructed 12-member jury to "disregard entirely'' past discussions and begin fresh.

"Starting over may seem frustrating,'' U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown told the jurors in court. "Do not let it discourage you.''

Brown directed the jurors not to speculate or discuss the reasons why they'd been reconfigured, with Juror 11 replaced by Juror 18. The judge dismissed Juror 11 on Wednesday, a day after a fellow juror questioned his impartiality in a note to the court, submitted on the third day of deliberations.

"That's happened. That's passed,'' Brown said.

She urged the group to start all over, "as if the previous deliberations have never occurred.''

The judge also reminded the group that unanimous rulings are required for a verdict, as to each count in the case.

Ammon Bundy and six-co-defendants are charged with conspiring to impede federal employees at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge through intimidation, threat or force stemming from the 41-day occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Four of the seven defendants are charged with possessing guns in a federal facility. Two of the defendants each face an additional charge of theft of government property.

After the judge's five-minute instructions, the jury was released by 8:40 a.m. to start deliberations again.

The jury is expected to deliberate an hour past it's usual end time, until 5:30 Thursday. The jury won't meet on Friday. If the jury is not done Thursday, deliberations will continue on Monday.

They're just gonna do this again, now that they know what they can get away with.

F***ing idiotic.

The jury found Bundy, his brother Ryan Bundy and several others not guilty of possessing a firearm in a federal facility and conspiring to impede federal workers from their jobs at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, 300 miles southeast of Portland where the trial took place.
If that's the charge? How are they not guilty of that? When that's exactly what they did!?
If a group of armed Latinos, Black or Muslim protesters occupied the same federal land, they'd all be in jail, .... or more likely shot!

Tumult erupted in the courtroom after the verdicts were read when an attorney for group leader Ammon Bundy demanded his client be immediately released, repeatedly yelling at the judge. U.S. marshals tackled attorney Marcus Mumford to the ground, used a stun gun on him several times and arrested him.

U.S. District Judge Anna Brown said she could not release Bundy because he still faces charges in Nevada stemming from an armed standoff at his father Cliven Bundy's ranch two years ago.
At least there's that!

Last edited:
If they were black or Muslim, they'd be dead. INSTEAD they're found not guilty of stuff they blatantly did.

Anti-American treasonous cowards playing toy soldier in the woods because they didn't have the balls to be real ones.

If they were black or Muslim, they'd be dead. INSTEAD they're found not guilty of stuff they blatantly did.

Anti-American treasonous cowards playing toy soldier in the woods because they didn't have the balls to be real ones.

*enter Morgan Freeman "He's right, you know" meme*

How in the f*** are they not guilty? This baffles the hell out of me. Are they rich?

:down

h5Bew0h.jpg

But racism is dead Schlosser...

I am so angry right now.

I have to assume the jury was rigged or stacked with sympathetic jurors.

This sets an incredibly dangerous precedent. And with all of Trump's goons getting stirred up by his "rigged election" conspiracy and encouraging his supporters to revolt its a terrible time to tell americans they can illegally occupy federal land with force and get away with it.

Perhaps it's time for another civil war anyway.

If that's the charge? How are they not guilty of that? When that's exactly what they did!?
Have you ever been in a wildlife reserve building? It has less "workers" in it, then pit stops off the highway. On a lucky day, you may find the janitor, or the person who is stocking the maps for the hikers. It's not a building with offices and regular employees. For the most part, they're left open for the public 24/7, and are empty. I have a feeling you guys are envisioning some kind of office building with active employees like The World Trade Centers. That's not what is happening, at all. Obviously, there were no "employees", therefore, they weren't impeding on any workers(unless you have proof otherwise). Also, Oregon is Open Carry, so they would be allowed to carry firearms.

I don't see what they did that was so illegal for their particular State/County? I think you guys are getting way too defensive, and are just looking for a boogeyman to somehow showcase this so called "hypocrisy" that isn't really there. If their State/County allows it, they can have guns. Which means, they can also sit and protest like anyone else. If your state/county doesn't allow it, that's not some crazy "racist/bigoted hypocrisy" at work, it's just the differences in State's Laws.

Two very different situations involving vastly different processes and systems.

We know the election isn't being rigged for a number of obvious reasons not to mention it's never happened in the history of the country. Rigging a general election would require a top to bottom conspiracy throughout various bureaucratic processes and offices in the federal government across the nation and it would have to involve countless people across the country outside of any one party. Trump saying the federal general election is being rigged is as insane as saying the U.S. government was behind 9/11.

Whereas jury tampering has been done. Juries and judges can be biased regardless of the fact they are supposed to put bias aside. And bribery in the legal system and law enforcement isn't unheard of. Also the defense and prosecution is involved in the Jury selection process so getting sympathetic jurors doesn't require a conspiracy on the level of rigging a general election. So, no, saying the jury or legal process may have been tampered with, rigged, or compromised in some way is not nearly as crazy as Trump saying the general election is rigged.

Have you ever been in a wildlife reserve building? It has less "workers" in it, then pit stops off the highway. On a lucky day, you may find the janitor, or the person who is stocking the maps for the hikers. It's not a building with offices and regular employees. For the most part, they're left open for the public 24/7, and are empty. I have a feeling you guys are envisioning some kind of office building with active employees like The World Trade Centers. That's not what is happening, at all. Obviously, there were no "employees", therefore, they weren't impeding on any workers(unless you have proof otherwise). Also, Oregon is Open Carry, so they would be allowed to carry firearms.

I don't see what they did that was so illegal for their particular State/County? I think you guys are getting way too defensive, and are just looking for a boogeyman to somehow showcase this so called "hypocrisy" that isn't really there. If their State/County allows it, they can have guns. Which means, they can also sit and protest like anyone else. If your state/county doesn't allow it, that's not some crazy "racist/bigoted hypocrisy" at work, it's just the differences in State's Laws.

Open Carry states don't allow you to carry firearms everywhere and they don't allow you to open carry every type of weapon.

And open carry does not apply to Federal properties either.

Have you ever been in a wildlife reserve building? It has less "workers" in it, then pit stops off the highway. On a lucky day, you may find the janitor, or the person who is stocking the maps for the hikers. ... I have a feeling you guys are envisioning some kind of office build...

I don't see what they did that was so illegal for their particular State/County?

Yeah I get that, that's why discussing it I emphasized how remote it was.

I thought they got rid of tjose morons a while ago.
Time to see how much **** those jackasses broke.

Other than the native artifacts, I doubt there was much of worth in there, this place is so remote, the value is in the land and protected wildlife.

It's not just about the artifacts there, or if the janitor (acording to you) was allowed to do his job a few days.
That's not the point.
These guys had plans to occupy the territory , make it their own little nation with their own rules, to their own ends, by force of gun if it came to it, LONG TERM.
That's the crime.
That they were coerced out with little blood shed, speaks to the patience and potential bias of law enforcement.
That the "trial" hinged on if the janitor(or other) was able to do his job that month, speaks to the farce of the trial. And again bias.

I don't see what they did that was so illegal for their particular State/County?
Or what's really being conveyed here: Don't see what is so illegal for their particular ethnicity.
That's the pass.
Cause if it had been people of other ethnicities mentioned, armed and occupying federal land, laying claim threatening the same, there would be no pass, it would have ended very different.

Last edited:
Open Carry states don't allow you to carry firearms everywhere and they don't allow you to open carry every type of weapon.

Plus I'm pretty sure an armed stand off with police while on Federal property isn't fully legal either. :doh:

Look there are some details to the case that showcase how much of a cluster**** the situation really was,

But that there, that's some bull ****. Minorities armed just the same who aimed their weapons and repeatedly threatened to open fire on law enforcement if any approached the building would never get out of this with no convictions and damn well wouldn't have been aloud to last 41 days.

Compare the coddling of armed Oregon militia members by the state to its vicious treatment of the Standing Rock Sioux and their supporters protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline. So far more than 120 people have been arrested at the latter and the police have brought out armored vehicles, LRAD sonic cannons, pepper spray, tasers, batons, you name it.

Yes, white privilege certainly played a role in this. Can you imagine what would have happened if armed supporters of Black Lives Matter had occupied federal property? But I think the ruling class has less fear of right-wing "patriot" militias than they do of protesters fighting against police brutality or pipelines, since the latter poses a more direct threat to their interests. Historically, we've often seen the state deploy armed right-wing paramilitary forces in order to crush forces on the left (e.g. the Freikorps).

If they were black, Native American, or God forbid, Middle Eastern and/or Muslim, they'd probably be dead, or at the very least swiftly arrested with brutal force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"