Miscast Actors In Comic Book Movie Roles That You Recast?

I feel like Sin City was the closest Alba ever came to a decent performance, and she played a stripper who never actually stripped, lol.

I kinda liked that bar.

EDIT: Not into strip bars (or clubs or whatever they call them), but, y'know, the bar itself. Just wanted to clarify in case my wife reads this. LOL.

it was more of a comment about Charlize than Jessica, but, well, yeah. I liked Jessica in that role.

Last edited:
I'll go:

Batman & Robin: Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze (Better alt: Patrick Stewart--though I'm glad he did Xavier instead!)

X-Men: Halle Berry as Storm (Better alt: Angela Basset)

Fantastic Four (2005): Everyone not named Michael Chicklis or Chris Evans (Not gonna fan cast it now)

Batman Begins: Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes (Better alt: The obvious answer is Maggie Gyllenhaal, but I think Amy Adams at that time, or hell Kate Beckinsale, Naomi Watts, Claire Danes, and many others in that era would've been better)

Superman Returns: Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth (Better alts: Not sure, as Cavill was too young then... honestly Amy Adams as Lois Lane would've worked then though! As would Rachel McAdams)

Iron Man 2: Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow (Better alt: Obviously Emily Blunt but given how good Rebecca Ferguson turned out to be in Mission: Impossible...)

Fantastic Four (2015): Miles Teller as Reed Richards (This vision was so misbegotten to matter)

Doctor Strange: Rachel McAdams (Better alt: ANYONE could've played this part, it was just a criminal waste of her talent)

Batman v Superman: Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor (Better alt: Bruce Willis)

X-Men: Apocalypse: Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, which is sad to say as a Game of Thrones fan (Better alt: Hailee Steinfeld and Saoirse Ronan spring to mind, but thank goodness they didn't do it)

I like Clooney for Lex personally . That's a guy I buy fooling people into thinking he's a good man. We need another smooth talker as Lex , not someone who is a moustache twirler like Cryer and Esenberg IMO, but Cryer isn't necessarily a bad Luthor, I just like my Lex to be a stealth villain if you go post-crisis, corporate Luthor. Someone considered traditionally good looking and charismatic like a Clooney, Pitt, or Cruise is perfect for my ideal Lex. Maybe Leo would be another fine choice too.
I like all these ideas but I’m leaning towards

Tom Hanks for an older Lex
Bradley Cooper for a younger Lex

Amy Adams as April o Neil in 2015 Nickelodeon's teeange mutant ninja turtlers micheal bays reboot of ninja turtlers movie

Amy Adams as April o Neil in 2015 Nickelodeon's teeange mutant ninja turtlers micheal bays reboot of ninja turtlers movie
Amy Adams was never cast as April in the Bay produced Turtles movies. The much less talented Megan Fox was the one who was cast in the role.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but:

Miscast: Elizabeth Olson as Scarlet Witch
Better: Evan Rachel Wood or Lyndsy Fonseca as a younger take, or Kate Becksinsale or Stana Katic as a slightly older take

Also miscast: J Law as Mystique
Better: Emma Roberts, Samara Weaving, or Rebecca Ferguson

Last edited:
Jesse Eisenberg would work as Arcade in an X-Men movie.

Batman & Robin: Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze (Better alt: Patrick Stewart--though I'm glad he did Xavier instead!)
No way. That movie getting a single member recast -especially Arnold- will cost it a lot of its charm and make it draining and dull instead.

Iron Man 2: Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow (Better alt: Obviously Emily Blunt but given how good Rebecca Ferguson turned out to be in Mission: Impossible...)

I second this.

Although I think ScarJo is a good actress, she doesn't possess any of the qualities that make Black Widow a character worth putting on screen. She's just ...generic American agent lady.

I also agree with Olsen as Scarlet Witch. Pretty much the same reason.

They get by fine because they're likeable actresses, but they make the characters totally generic.

If Izabella Scorupco had been the age she was in Goldeneye, she would've been perfect for the role of Black Widow instead of ScarJo.

7d5209c1c7a7d2ecb0b26d5ebfdd124a.jpg

Izabella-Scorupco-aka-Scoroupco-in-Goldeneye-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1018348__49849.1432425882.1280.1280.jpg

This is much closer to the comic. Even if she had longer hair, her face looks more like the character and more Slavic.

If Izabella Scorupco had been the age she was in Goldeneye, she would've been perfect for the role of Black Widow instead of ScarJo.

7d5209c1c7a7d2ecb0b26d5ebfdd124a.jpg

Izabella-Scorupco-aka-Scoroupco-in-Goldeneye-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1018348__49849.1432425882.1280.1280.jpg

This is much closer to the comic. Even if she had longer hair, her face looks more like the character and more Slavic.

Ohhhh yes. Such an underrated Bond girl. I feel like she gets overlooked because Famke was so awesome in that movie, but I liked her a lot too.

I'd take a good Nebula over a good Jane Foster any day. She's a far more interesting character.

Agreed. I think its an absolute travesty that Jane is suddenly being pushed forward as a major hero in the MCU when what on Earth did she do to deserve that position? Where was she when Thanos was murdering half the universe? What did she do to be worthy that Tony/Bruce/Clint didn't do?

It's patently obvious that Portman is only coming back for the money (her last movie made $325,000 worldwide) and that she looks down on CBM fans (she was cringing on stage at Comic-Con).

I legitimately think that bringing Jane back is a mistake Taika will come to regret.

No way. That movie getting a single member recast -especially Arnold- will cost it a lot of its charm and make it draining and dull instead.

It's not draining and dull? I'll grant you Arnold better understands he's in a bad cartoon than Clooney, O'Donnell, and Silverstone, but he is still grossly miscast as a grieving scientist.

It's not draining and dull? I'll grant you Arnold better understands he's in a bad cartoon than Clooney, O'Donnell, and Silverstone, but he is still grossly miscast as a grieving scientist.
It's greatly entertaining, and a great gift from everyone who worked on it and funded it.

That tear he sheds while watching memories of the past is on point acting, feels a bit forced, but he's done a good job playing the role. That shift to the sudden "I hate it when someone talks during the movie" adds to the value of the movie.

Eh, she would have been better than Bosworth but the way the character was written, I doubt it would have been much of an improvement.

I'll take a go at it.

Batman 89: Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon (Better: Harvey Keitel)

Batman Forever: Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face (Better: James Woods)

Batman & Robin: Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze (Better: Jeremy Irons) and Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl (Better: Juliette Lewis)

X-Men: Halle Berry as Storm (Better: Gina Torres)

Fantastic Four: Jessica Alba as Invisible Woman (Better: Elizabeth Banks) and Julian MacMahon as Doctor Doom (Better: Guy Pearce)

Superman Returns: Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane (Better: Michelle Monaghan)

Spider-Man 3: Topher Grace as Eddie Brock (Better: Bradley Cooper)

X-Men First Class: January Jones as Emma Frost (Better: Rosamund Pike)

Man of Steel: Amy Adams as Lois Lane (Better: Jennifer Carpenter)

Age of Ultron: Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver (Better: Tom Felton)

Batman V Superman: Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor (Better: Zachary Quinto)

X-Men Apocalypse: Oscar Isaac as Apocalypse (Better: Javier Bardem) and Sophie Turner as Jean Grey (Better: Hailee Steinfeld)

Suicide Squad: Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag (Better: Matt Bomer)

Brie Larson (Captain Marvel) (miscast)

Actresses who could have played the role better:

Jennifer Lawrence
Katheryn Winnick
Rebecca Ferguson
Natalie Dormer
Charlize Theron
Evan Rachel Wood
Jessica Chastain
Shailene Woodley
Emily Blunt
Blake Lively
Bryce Dallas Howard
Yvonne Strahovski

The Punisher (1989)

This movie would require a script overhaul to be good, so here's who I would cast in a more comic book accurate version.

13be19c073c489f2bd4f0d40353e6dc1.jpg

Frank Castle: Michael Pare

0022cd2576ba4f0843fa722358b07d9e.jpg

Microchip: Rick Moranis

f0a9da514af630cfacb9b91d44ab6acc.jpg

Jigsaw: Mickey Rourke

Men-at-Work-5.png

Curtis Hoyle: Keith David

perkins.jpg

Maria Castle: Elizabeth Perkins

Eddie-Cruisers-1983-7.jpg

Karen Page: Ellen Barkin

80238-full.jpg

Matt Murdock: Kevin Bacon

Last edited:
For Ares my choices were always Clive Owen or Daniel Craig, but with what they were going for Thewlis worked. I wouldn't say he's miscast because he's cast perfectly as written. The problem was the writing for the character imo
With the right writing those two could have been so good. I would probably like the film a lot more (even though I already like it a lot).

Miscast: Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane

Better in role: Jennifer Love Hewitt

Miscast: ScarJo as Black Widow

Better in role: Emily Blunt
Jennifer Love would have been great!
MV5BYzI5MjZlNWEtOTkwNC00ZjI3LThhYmMtZjJhZjVjY2VhNThmL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc5MTg0MjM@._V1_.jpg

or even her IKWYDLS costar SMG
Remember this skit?

6YU6.gif

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. A thousand times over.

I think Domhall Glesson, Paul Dano, or Joseph Gordon-Levitt would have been much better choices for that movie's take on Luthor.

Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever

should’ve kept Billy Dee Williams

also Jim Carrey in Batman Forever

should’ve been Robin Williams

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi