The Miscasting of female comic characters

I'll be honest...Sue Storm could have been any number of blonde actresses working today that were in their mid 20s. Preferably A-list.

really? Is that opinion or fact? I happen to think she is only so-so in the looks department, but a very quick glance over EVERY SINGLE MENS MEDIA SOURCE will tell you that the general consensus is that she is one of teh hottest women on earth. You disagree, and I disagree...but two opinions out of millions hardly register.

I said I didn't agree; that makes it opinion. But it's one to which I strongly adhere.
And not EVERY men's media source will put her upon this pedestal, either.
kdaubert1-793519.jpg

Melissa.jpg

:grin:

Anybody hear about a shortage of hot young blondes in Hollywood?

I said I didn't agree; that makes it opinion. But it's one to which I strongly adhere.
And not EVERY men's media source will put her upon this pedestal, either.
kdaubert1-793519.jpg

Melissa.jpg

:grin:

Whatever. Thanks for going through all of that effort to prove that mens magazines dont find Jessica Alba attractive...those two covers just proved me wrong...big time..definitely.

And I agree, Hollywood is absolutely chock full of women who would have fit the part better. Its not like they went after acting skill since you could throw a dart and hit a better acrtess than Alba. My "I prefer her for Sue over Alba" list would be really freaking long. First, Id make sure that Sue Storm and her brother Johnny were the same ethnicity, for instance.

Just because she wasn't the Southern T&A that Rogue became in the 90s (possibly earlier, not sure) doesn't mean she wasn't a good Rogue.

your right...she was an AWFUL rogue. she had none of rogues confidence,personality or looks that rogue is famous for.

I'm not saying it's the only thing that makes Rogue be Rogue, but isn't that the great thing about her, that she truely is the fobridden fruit. That she has so many men ready and willing to stroke, kiss, caress every part of her body and yet she can't let them. She has all she wants thrown at her but can't take any of it.

Anna Paquin... not so much.

DEFINITELY not so much. anna paquin has the body of a deformed twelve year old boy.

Good as Faamke Janson (sic) was, she didnt feel like Jean Grey to me... Same goes for Paquins Rogue...

Whatever. Thanks for going through all of that effort to prove that mens magazines dont find Jessica Alba attractive...those two covers just proved me wrong...big time..definitely.

And I agree, Hollywood is absolutely chock full of women who would have fit the part better. Its not like they went after acting skill since you could throw a dart and hit a better acrtess than Alba. My "I prefer her for Sue over Alba" list would be really freaking long. First, Id make sure that Sue Storm and her brother Johnny were the same ethnicity, for instance.

Lighten up. Your point wasn't lost on me; I was just having a little fun. Your point is valid. BTW-I got dragged to "Bride Wars" over the weekend & I re-evaluated Kate Hudson. She could possibly pull off Sue Storm but I don't think she could fill out the costume.
And them being the same race would help, in retrospect. Dyeing a Hispanic girl's hair & giving her blue contacts doesn't make her white.

It doesnt? I dont suppose this perm I got will help me in my quest to get a grant from the United Negro College Fund?

Kate Hudson...eh....as I think Ive said before on Hype, shes one of the actors I find impossible to enjoy. Besides that, shes beautiful, but yeah, wouldnt fill out the costume.

It doesnt? I dont suppose this perm I got will help me in my quest to get a grant from the United Negro College Fund?

Kate Hudson...eh....as I think Ive said before on Hype, shes one of the actors I find impossible to enjoy. Besides that, shes beautiful, but yeah, wouldnt fill out the costume.

Wasn't that the premise of some stupid 80's movie?

Sue Storm is supposed to be the adult of the group....Alba does NOT have that aura of maturity that Sue is known for....and that horrid blonde wig or dye job they did in 'Silver Surfer' made it worse

Rogue/Anna Paquin not being mentioned in the first (or any) post is horrifying.
That sucked pretty bad as well. She might have made a decent Kitty Pryde, but as Rogue she was just plain bad.

A lot of people, fanboys included, only look at female superhero casting according to hotness or their popularity. We rarely do that with the dudes.
I look at both that way. :o

But they just do a better job of hiring male superheros better than they do female superheros.

I also feel that most female actresses want to be taken seriously, and do have a tougher road to that than male actors....and that putting on tights for a CBF is probably not the best choice for that

Sue Storm is supposed to be the adult of the group....Alba does NOT have that aura of maturity that Sue is known for....and that horrid blonde wig or dye job they did in 'Silver Surfer' made it worse
Exactly.

Whenever I saw Alba next to Chris Evans, I couldn't help thinking she looked like she should have been his girlfriend (or one night stand), as she sure as Hell didn't look like his older sister (besides the obvious difference in race, they were both born in 1981).

Yeah, what the hell was up with that? She looked like a platinum blonde oompa loompa in "ROTSS" ... I mean that wig couldn't have looked more atrociously fake if it had been CG'ed onto her head.

I thought the contacts were worse than the wig myself.
IDK who I would've picked for Sue. I've said numerous times who my top 3 choices for Ororo were. I just think that when they cast the men, they try a lot harder & when it comes to casting the women, a lot of the time any chick who appeals to horny adolescants will do.
Y'know, I have not liked ANY of Batman's onscreen love interests? Not at all.

I'm with Chris on this one. The contacts were terrible... although the wig DID look like sh**. I just found the contacts much more distracting.

The contacts were glaring....were they going for the Nordic look or something??

I thought they made her look extremely high.

For Susan Storm?

Hmmm...

Kate Winslet
Tea Leoni
Elizabeth Banks
Mira Sorvino (a bit of a stretch)
Michelle Pfeiffer
Olivia Newton John (another, bigger, stretch)
Michelle Williams
Jill Wagner
Heather Locklear (another stretch...maybe? I don't know...)
Helen Slater

Off the top of my head, I could see most of those in the role that would be better suited than Jessica Alba.

Last edited:
For Susan Storm?

Hmmm...

Kate Winslet
Tea Leoni
Elizabeth Banks
Mira Sorvino (a bit of a stretch)
Michelle Pfeiffer
Olivia Newton John (another, bigger, stretch)
Michelle Williams
Jill Wagner
Heather Locklear (another stretch...maybe? I don't know...)
Helen Slater

Off the top of my head, I could see most of those in the role that would be better suited than Jessica Alba.
I think most of those ladies are entirely too old. I get what you're going for, but somewhere between Jessica's age & theirs, I think.

For the age frame they were going for, I sorta wish they did cast based on the rumor of Julia Stiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"