Missed Another One....

meh...Can anyone honestly say they're surprised FF2 is not on that list or others? Story and Co need FF2 to be a huge, if not smash success to 1) overcome the stigma of the first film and 2)be in the same league as this summers heavy hitters.

Frankly, I don't think that's going to happen since I don't get the same feeling with this franchise as I get with the major franchises. With the SM franchise you get the feeling Columbia and Raimi are going all out and know what they're doing. With FF I get the feeling Fox is only going to let Story go so far. It's almost as if Fox is gunshy with fantasy films--strange considering they have the biggest fantasy franchise of all time to their credit.

Still, I think FF2 will be received better than the first film...

As for the other films on the list, most are just "list fillers". They're the movies you see if you don't want to see the blockbusters over again--alternatives, while waiting for the next anticipated blockbuster. Some do have sleeper potential though.

I bought the Chicago Sun Times Sunday edition yesterday and they had a lead article in the Entertainment section about the coming year in films and how there were a lot of sequels coming out. There was a full page picture of Spider-man in the Black Costume but inside they do a round up of other films. This is the article link.... Triple Threat for Box Office Thrills

And there is a nice mention of Michael and Julian....

Come for: The Silver Surfer who has come down to earth to do the usual -- destroy the planet. Meanwhile, Dr. Doom (Julian McMahon) is still trying to stir things up.

Stay for: Michael Chiklis as The Thing

well thats what happens when the first film SUCKS.

dont worry; fox will market the bejsus outta ths and itll make atleast 140 milliobn, which is a lot more then they spend to make it, im sure :roll eyes:

I'm not at all surprised that FF2 isn't making these lists.
The publicity has barely started for this one.
Most of the entertainment writers have seen little more than a release date and cast list. Their selection of things like Shrek 3, POTC3 and Spidey 3 are based largely on the performance (and critical reputation) of those films' predecessors.

well thats what happens when the first film SUCKS.

dont worry; fox will market the bejsus outta ths and itll make atleast 140 milliobn, which is a lot more then they spend to make it, im sure :roll eyes:

Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY fell. :woot: Anyone want to make an avvy, here is a site. You supply the picture, they resize it to whatever size you want. Resized my Surfer avvy with it.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Yeah, a lot of these movies that are making these lists aren't necessarily box office smashes. Sure, there's Pirates and Spidey and HP, but these franchises are also pretty highly regarded among moviegoers as being solid films. While FF did make it's fair share of money at the BO, there's not many people that think it was that great of a movie. In fact, people think it sucks (including me).

I've spoken to several people about upcoming movies and not one of them plans to see FF2. Mind you, these aren't exactly fans like yourselves, but anyone who's seen the first aren't too excited about the sequel.

It seems that these movies are either installments of established franchises (SM3, HP, Shrek3, Pirates3, etc.) or new films that have critical and/or financial potential (Transformers, 300, Grindhouse, Be Kind Rewind, Blades of Glory, etc.). I'm personally not surprised that FF2 wasn't listed, based on the stigma of the original, as others have said.

You've got a point. Epic Movie box office succes shows they can get people to see flicks that look like utter tripe.:(

One thing you have to give Fox, they know how to market. Marketing, good reviews, and good word of mouth will be a big factor in how well it does. If the sequel can make 200 domestic, that will be a tremendous suscess. That would be over a 30 % increase from the 1st one. As with all movies the 1st 2 weeks will tell. If it holds well that 2nd weekend it will be in good shape, if it has a big drop like the 1st, will not bode well.

Ok another Yahoo list

Most Watched (As of 01/29/07)
1. Spider-Man 3
2. Transformers
3. 1408
4. Epic Movie
5. Smokin' Aces
6. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
7. 300
8. Pan's Labyrinth
9. Norbit
10. Catch and Release
11. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
12. Hannibal Rising
13. Stomp the Yard
14. Ghost Rider
15. Dreamgirls
16. Blood and Chocolate
17. The Simpsons Movie
18. The Messengers
19. Rocky Balboa
20. Night at the Museum

I would Knock the movies already out as that is dirving their buzz and that would put FF at around 4 for the coming soon movies, ahead of movies like potter. 1408, a horror film from Stephen King I had never heard of but apparently there is a lot of interest there.

On top of that here is what Greg's review said of the FF2 trialer, keep in mind that he also reviewed spiderman and transformers who are at the top of this list.

"12/31/06 - The spectacular trailer is now online over at Apple.com, and WOW. Fox wisely went the route of just showing us an action sequence of the Surfer's arrival on Earth, as the Human Torch chases him through Manhattan (including the reveal that the movie gives the Surfer a power he doesn't have in the comics, phasing, though considering he has the "Power Cosmic", I've always thought that meant he could do just about anything he wants). I was really impressed with the writing that was involved with this sequence (yes, action scenes are "written" :), as if you look closely, you can see hints about the Surfer's true moral nature; he makes efforts not to actually hurt anyone as he's flying through town (and the Chrysler Building!), though obviously what his boss has in mind for Earth would involve people getting hurt. There, however, is probably the reason why the movie is called the "Rise of the Silver Surfer"; I suspect the "rise" part refers to his ascension from being Galactus' herald and lackey. Helping a giant consumer of worlds is fine when you consider 99.9999% of worlds probably don't have intelligent life, but what does the Surfer do when he encounters civilization? Anyway, this teaser is a real beauty, and bodes very well for the promise of this movie. Of the teasers for next summer's movies I've seen so far, this is tops."

I think that trailer knocked the socks off for a lot of people. The buzz is clearly building.

I agree. I have heard many positive comments from friends, after seeing the trailer. If the critics get behind this, it could be bigger then anyone expectes. I think kids will want to see this more then once, and kids bring back parents. When they showed the trailer at the theater here in town, reports I got from the theater manager was that people would stop in the middle of the isle and watch, then continue what they were doing. If a teaser trailer, can make people stop what they are doing and watch, that says something positive. :woot:

Ok another Yahoo list

Most Watched (As of 01/29/07)
1. Spider-Man 3
2. Transformers
3. 1408
4. Epic Movie
5. Smokin' Aces
6. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
7. 300
8. Pan's Labyrinth
9. Norbit
10. Catch and Release
11. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
12. Hannibal Rising
13. Stomp the Yard
14. Ghost Rider
15. Dreamgirls
16. Blood and Chocolate
17. The Simpsons Movie
18. The Messengers
19. Rocky Balboa
20. Night at the Museum

I would Knock the movies already out as that is dirving their buzz and that would put FF at around 4 for the coming soon movies, ahead of movies like potter. 1408, a horror film from Stephen King I had never heard of but apparently there is a lot of interest there.

On top of that here is what Greg's review said of the FF2 trialer, keep in mind that he also reviewed spiderman and transformers who are at the top of this list.

"12/31/06 - The spectacular trailer is now online over at Apple.com, and WOW. Fox wisely went the route of just showing us an action sequence of the Surfer's arrival on Earth, as the Human Torch chases him through Manhattan (including the reveal that the movie gives the Surfer a power he doesn't have in the comics, phasing, though considering he has the "Power Cosmic", I've always thought that meant he could do just about anything he wants). I was really impressed with the writing that was involved with this sequence (yes, action scenes are "written" :), as if you look closely, you can see hints about the Surfer's true moral nature; he makes efforts not to actually hurt anyone as he's flying through town (and the Chrysler Building!), though obviously what his boss has in mind for Earth would involve people getting hurt. There, however, is probably the reason why the movie is called the "Rise of the Silver Surfer"; I suspect the "rise" part refers to his ascension from being Galactus' herald and lackey. Helping a giant consumer of worlds is fine when you consider 99.9999% of worlds probably don't have intelligent life, but what does the Surfer do when he encounters civilization? Anyway, this teaser is a real beauty, and bodes very well for the promise of this movie. Of the teasers for next summer's movies I've seen so far, this is tops."

I think that trailer knocked the socks off for a lot of people. The buzz is clearly building.

At least this critic showed his knowledge of the comic....instead looking like an idiot and trying to look knowledgeable...

I love Greg.

Yes. He makes good points all the way around. And yes action scens don't just "happen". That was a good action scene. And I think that is what they will be keying on, seeing how the 1st one lacked enough action. I think they are going to market this as a high flying, fast paced, hold onto your hat movie. And that makes me very happy.

IMDB's trailer list for this week.....the top 10

Top 10 Trailers Pages
Transformers (2007)
Shrek the Third (2007)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
300 (2006)
Laberinto del Fauno, El (2006)
Ghost Rider (2007)
Epic Movie (2007)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End (2007)
Smokin' Aces (2006)
Live Free or Die Hard (2007)

^^^^^^Doing well:up:
I saw a trailer for the Knocked up movie and i gotta admit it looks funny:woot:

^^^^^^Doing well:up:
I saw a trailer for the Knocked up movie and i gotta admit it looks funny:woot:

It has a great cast, and great director....no reason why it shouldn't be funny.

I am Ioan Gruffud minus the fame, money and charm.

Oooooh I thought you were Ioan Gruffund.....ya'll just spell your name differently.....lol

1. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
2. Transformers (2007)
3. 300 (2006)
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
5. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
6. Number 23, The (2007)
7. Live Free or Die Hard (2007)
8. Shrek the Third (2007)
9. Ghost Rider (2007)
10.Laberinto del Fauno, El (2006)

Top 10 Trailers at IMDB...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"