What film do you think will be the biggest in 2007?

R

ryankris

:batman:What do you think will be the highest grossing movies of 2007? Here are some of my predictions for the most anticipated films of 2007. These preditctions are hype based which means if the hype is justified during the film's release, this is what I think it could make.
1.Spider-man 3: Opening Weekend $137 million-Domestic gross $410 million-Worldwide total $901 million
2. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End-Opening Weekend $142 million-Domestic total $406 million-Worldwide total $993 million
3.Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix: Opening Weekend $117 million-Domestic total $381-Worldwide total $901
4.Transformers: 3 day weekend $97 million-5 day weekend $173 million-Domestic total $375 million-Worldwide total $841 million
5.Shrek the Third: Opening weekend $111 million-Domestic total $372 million-Worldwide total $823 million
6.The Simpsons movie: Opening weekend $101 million-Domestic total $321 million-Worldwide total $898 million
7.Fantastic Four & The Silver Surfer: Opening weekend $96 million-Domestic total $302 million-worldwide total $763 million
8.Ratatouille: Opening weekend $89 million- Domestic total $300 million-worldwide total $760 million
9.The Bourne Ultimatatum: Opening weekend $86 million-Domestic total
$298 million-Worldwide grosses $691 million
10. Evan Almighty: Opening weekend $79 million-Domestic totals $276 million-Worldwide $646 million
11.Rush Hour 3: Opening weekend $65 million-Domestic total $274 million-Worldwide total $603 million
12.Ghost Rider:Opening weekend $59 million-Domestic total $239 million-Worldwide $610 million
13.Star Wars: A New Hope 3D-Opening weekend $41 million-Domestic total $149 million-total Star Wars: A New Hope $614 million-Worldwide grosses $321 million-totals worldwide for Star Wars: A New Hope $1.096 billion

Yes it is! I think the totals next year for A New Hope could place it right on top of the highest grossing movies of all time again!

you're seriously kidding yourself if u think 6 movies are gonna have an opening weekend of over 100 million

Spiderman 3 will blow away everyone even Pirates. 137 million opening weekend in May is low. There won't be as much as a drop off on Sat & Sun as Pirates. 150 opening for SM3 with a 60-65 million opening...DAY.

Heh, is there any doubt? ;)

Spider-Man 3.... because well, duh, its Spidey. Just look at the figures of the previous two movies and that says it all.

My Top 5
Spider-Man 3
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Sin City 2
Resident Evil: Extinction

I think it will be either Pirates 3 or Shrek 3.

The number Pirates 2 is getting are proof that people love these movies and characters and that they have staying power.

The numbers also show that people are NOT disappointed with the sequel like they were for The Matrix, X-men 3, etc.

It will be Spider-man 3 ... without question.

The hype is already in overload and just wait until promos that actually feature Venom hit.

Pirates and Shrek will be big .... Spidey will be huge!

LOL@ that list. Lots of wishful thinking there. Sm3, POTC and Shrek will all make their money, thats a given. But some of those numbers forcasted in the list are laughable.

Your predictions all seem a little high. There's no way FF2 is going to make over $300 million. I think Spider-Man 3 will make the most money.

If you have not read my message, these are early predictions and these predictions are based on the hype surronding the film and for the sequels, the hype surronding the film and the film it follows.

Of course spider-man 3 it will open huge but It won't get as much at the second movie or the first...about maybe the same as pirates but I think it top off at 356 milliong Domest and 720 World wide..Then harry Potter and Pirates of the Carribean..It seems that Spidey is gonna get competition sinces it also the end of the trilogy for Pirates at well...Pirates and Harry Potter will definetly will definetly slow spidey down cause spider-man never went up against competition this big since it came out

ryankris said:
4.Transformers: 3 day weekend $97 million-5 day weekend $173 million-Domestic total $375 million-Worldwide total $841 million
5.Shrek the Third: Opening weekend $111 million-Domestic total $372 million-Worldwide total $823 million
6.The Simpsons movie: Opening weekend $101 million-Domestic total $321 million-Worldwide total $898 million
10. Evan Almighty: Opening weekend $79 million-Domestic totals $276 million-Worldwide $646 million
12.Ghost Rider:Opening weekend $59 million-Domestic total $239 million-Worldwide $610 million

First off your domestic figures and foreign predictions are too far apart for belief, Ghost Rider opening with 59mil and grossing 239,000,000 and finishing with 610,000,000?!?!?? A movie is LUCKY to make 3 times its opening weekend in its full theatrical run.

Here are my predictions for the movies I quoted you of for they seemed the most far fetched.

Transformers - opening 49mil with a domestic total of $130,000,000

Shrek 3 - opening with around 70 mil with a domestic total of $220,000,000

The Simpsons movie - 50mil (tops) with a domestic total of $150,000,000

Evan Almighty - 35-45mil with a domestic total of $125,000,000

Ghost Rider - 40mil with a domestic total of $140,000,00

Spider-Man 3 will crush all records in 2007 and be the highest grossing film of that year, mark my words.

I also see FF2 being one of the 4 highest grossing movies that year, far above Transformers.

I said Ghost Rider would possibley make that much worldwide! These predictions are early and based on the hype surronding the film! They will change!

still that doesnt make any sense, what hype about Ghost Rider? I thought the teaser was kickass but the impression i got from the net was that it was a bad sign they moved it from summer 06 to feb 07 and that the CGI is lame.

TheVileOne said:
I think it will be either Pirates 3 or Shrek 3.

The number Pirates 2 is getting are proof that people love these movies and characters and that they have staying power.

The numbers also show that people are NOT disappointed with the sequel like they were for The Matrix, X-men 3, etc.

Well, X3 did make more money than X1 or X2, and aside from Pirates made the most this summer. Super-flop made tons less.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"