Misty Knight, Colleen Wing remake?

Varient

Guru for Geeks
Reaction score
I let it soak for a week, (my time) and have decided that overall I like the new Daughters of the dragon series.

Both Misty and Collen come off a little more hard-edged than I remember, more "jaded" in their interactions of others,.. And the Rhino take down was over the top as far as power levels,... and the villian at the end had A HAND? (I thought RazorFist had no hands.)

But,... overall,.. I enjoyed it.

Old School,....

attachment.php

New School,.....
attachment.php

Anyone else??

Attachments

• DofDsm.JPG
    DofDsm.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 148
  • daughters.jpg
    daughters.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 142
Did they take down the Rhino? sheesh, between him and the wrecking crew, I don't know who gets their asses handed to them more as a means of showing how tough a hero is

Elijya said:
Did they take down the Rhino? sheesh, between him and the wrecking crew, I don't know who gets their asses handed to them more as a means of showing how tough a hero is
Yeah,..
Colleen sent a car flying from The upper Highway to the lower at over 100 mph to knock hijm to the pavement, Then Misty slapped him around like an adult probably could a child with red hair.

I like this new version of Misty and Coleen, sexy,strong,sassy and up to date.:up:

deemar325 said:
I like this new version of Misty and Coleen, sexy,strong,sassy and up to date.:up:
They were sexy, strong, sassy last time around,... made your mouth water ,.......... I also was jealous of IronFist for having Misty Knight in the biblical way, while Colleen was feening for some fist.

I liked it...except for the Rhino takedown. As far Razorfist...I thought he was dead so maybe this is a different guy.

If not for the impressive debut of Ares, this would have been an even hotter book. Plus, there was so many outstanding Marvel titles from last week that this book could get lost in the shuffle. What I loved was the depictions of Misty and Colleen. I know it's very male of me, but just look at the way the breasts are drawn in this book. The women actually have nipples! And, Misty's have a little sag to them, while Colleen is drawn small and perky. Plus, they have the main villianess with an obvious boob-job. Also, the dialogue was real sharp. When you top that off with the action that's included, this is a book that I'm dying to get the second issue.

It's funny how just a few years ago, a Marvel miniseries generally wasn't going to be that good. Most of them were more like Sgt. Fury's Howling Commandos. Also, they were quickly forgettable. If the mini involved a solo X-Man story, it would in no way have any change to the character or really be worth a person's time to read. Now, the miniseries are really getting very good...plus, they are tending to have a little more relevance to the Marvel 616. (Drax's recent mini will link into Marvel's big galactic adventure coming in a couple months. Rogue's last had a big change to her powers and the fate of Sunfire.) Heck, the miniseries are sometimes better than the regular book that the characters appear in. (Loki's mini and Thor's recent book, Blood Oath, can be considered far superior than anything we've read in Thor.)

i'd like to see this too

RockSP said:
I liked it...except for the Rhino takedown. As far Razorfist...I thought he was dead so maybe this is a different guy.

I read him in the Short "Toxin" run,... He had No hands.

If they concentrate on the Byplay between the two,.. this will continue to be a good short-run book.

Ya know, Phaed, that's th' second time I've heard that kinda comment. Strange.

Phaedrus45 said:
If not for the impressive debut of Ares, this would have been an even hotter book. Plus, there was so many outstanding Marvel titles from last week that this book could get lost in the shuffle. What I loved was the depictions of Misty and Colleen. I know it's very male of me, but just look at the way the breasts are drawn in this book. The women actually have nipples! And, Misty's have a little sag to them, while Colleen is drawn small and perky. Plus, they have the main villianess with an obvious boob-job. Also, the dialogue was real sharp. When you top that off with the action that's included, this is a book that I'm dying to get the second issue.

It's funny how just a few years ago, a Marvel miniseries generally wasn't going to be that good. Most of them were more like Sgt. Fury's Howling Commandos. Also, they were quickly forgettable. If the mini involved a solo X-Man story, it would in no way have any change to the character or really be worth a person's time to read. Now, the miniseries are really getting very good...plus, they are tending to have a little more relevance to the Marvel 616. (Drax's recent mini will link into Marvel's big galactic adventure coming in a couple months. Rogue's last had a big change to her powers and the fate of Sunfire.) Heck, the miniseries are sometimes better than the regular book that the characters appear in. (Loki's mini and Thor's recent book, Blood Oath, can be considered far superior than anything we've read in Thor.)
I agree,.. the bar's been raised,.. better stories are coming outta the house of ideas.

well issue 2 kicked pretty good tail,.... I'm getting used to Misty looking like she could hurt two oe three men at the same time,.... and I don't mean in a fight.

Their new desk jockey is a hoot.

In an invulnerable nerd.

Priceless.

I'm really enjoying all the obscure villains...though I have no idea who the chick with the sword is at the end of issue #3.

just goes to show there are no stupid characters...just writers with no imagination

I have been flipping thru it at my LCS and I have decided I will pick up the trade it seems like a fun high energy read

Of course Danny Shows up,... Gets abused,.. and now will go watch Misty get drunk before taking her to bed to resolve her primary issue.

I'm hating how Marvel will soon revert to the status Quo of the fan base and lose the current improving quality of the writing to satisfy the narrow-minded who've been *****ing non-stop over the last three years.

SAD SIGH.

Heck I'll start a thread on that.

I Love Itttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!

I'm wondering if they do relauch H4H whethr they will keep and include the "new" Daughters of the Dragon,... or revert to the old school version?

The new versions are growing on me,.... I find it exciting that Misty Still has no trouble fighting mostly in the nude and does a great job at it.

Now that Cage has become married,.. it's the high sign that it's Danny's turn.

Based on how "needy" they have made Misty in this series,.. I'd say she's ripe to be plucked,...

At first the obvious emphasis on T&A made me think that this was going to be a pretty shallow book. I like it, although I still think it's focus is on the visual (read T&A for the hormonally hyperactive teens), the action and pathos in the recent issues has been good. If this were a manga or anime I would say that it's loaded with fan service, but that isn't always bad. I'm a sucker for action and martial arts so I'm hooked.

Varient, in one of the Joe Friday's at Newsarama I saw a group shot of what is supposedly Heroes for Hire. Misty and Colleen kept their current look. I also saw the Roach guy (I forget his name) and, of all people, Shang Chi; no Iron Fist.:( I'll see if I can find the image again.

H4H.jpg

Newsarama said:
Marvel Comics has confirmed for Newsarama details regarding the new Heroes For Hire ongoing series debuting this summer out of the pages of Civil War (the first three issues are officially Civil War tine-in issues).

As expected, the Daughters of the Dragon team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray have been named as the series’ writing team, and artist/Shi creator Billy Tucci (doing his first work for Marvel) has been named penciler, with Tom Palmer on inks. Tucci will also be collaborating with artist Mark Sparacio on painted covers.

For those needing some help, from left to right you have Humbug, Misty Knight, yes the Black Cat (inexplicably left off the list when this story was first published), the new Tarantula, Colleen Wing, and Shang Chi – Master of Kung Fu.

Not featured on the cover by part of the full team are Paladin, Sable, and Orka.

Asked why the creators chose this line-up and not the familiar Luke Cage and Iron First, Paniccia said, “The circumstances of the current climate in the Marvel Universe allow for this group to be formed. On that same token, they don’t allow for Luke and Iron Fist to take part."
Series editor Mark Paniccia was tight-lipped for now in regards to details as to exactly how this series will spin-out of the summer event, though he did tell Newsarama, “This book will give us a street level look at the world of Civil War, a place where you’re just as likely to get stabbed in the heart when getting stabbed in the back. There will be lots of action but it’s poignant as well. It’s dark and gritty but will have an edgy sense of humor that you’re not going to get anywhere else.”

Oh yeah ….he also revealed the series line-up for the first time, as seen on this sephia toned promo version of the cover to issue #1. Click on the image to see a larger version...

Heh. Heh. I guess the new artist couldn't drew Misty's braided bangs. Looks like she's got half a perm and half a fro.

Tropico said:
At first the obvious emphasis on T&A made me think that this was going to be a pretty shallow book. I like it, although I still think it's focus is on the visual (read T&A for the hormonally hyperactive teens), the action and pathos in the recent issues has been good. If this were a manga or anime I would say that it's loaded with fan service, but that isn't always bad. I'm a sucker for action and martial arts so I'm hooked.

Varient, in one of the Joe Friday's at Newsarama I saw a group shot of what is supposedly Heroes for Hire. Misty and Colleen kept their current look. I also saw the Roach guy (I forget his name) and, of all people, Shang Chi; no Iron Fist.:( I'll see if I can find the image again.
The new run is all about how female they are - and I was turned off by a few things,.... Nether were really ever so casual about property damage,.. and some of the poses were out of character,...

But they have recaptured the street level detective/troubleshooting flavor I enjoyed from the regular series.

Nice to know they WILL be in Heroes for Hire,... or at least in the book. If you find the picture I'd appreciate it.

No Daniel Rand?????

Tropico said:
H4H.jpg

Series editor Mark Paniccia was tight-lipped for now in regards to details as to exactly how this series will spin-out of the summer event, though he did tell Newsarama, “This book will give us a street level look at the world of Civil War, a place where you’re just as likely to get stabbed in the heart when getting stabbed in the back. There will be lots of action but it’s poignant as well. It’s dark and gritty but will have an edgy sense of humor that you’re not going to get anywhere else.”

Oh yeah ….he also revealed the series line-up for the first time, as seen on this sephia toned promo version of the cover to issue #1. Click on the image to see a larger version...
Yes,.. That's right,.. Cage Joins Captain America as a Fugitive,.... Heh,.. Makes sense that Danny would join on GP.

The Black Cat as a H4H???? R they gonna try to get serious with her?

I tell you that I would expect friction between her and Misty,...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"