Bought/Thought 6/1--Spoilers to Come!

Damn, I thought Petey givin it to Thor and Tony was well worth it. Ultimate War has definately been the best of the crossovers IMO; granted I haven't read Ultimate Six yet and I don't think I want to.

Colossal Spoons said:
What's with all the Ultimate War hate. Extinction was anti-climactic as hell but War was awesome. Some fabulous fight scenes and some badassery by Colossus too.

Yeah, that Colossus part was the only reason I read it, so freakin awesome. :up:

BrianWilly said:
I hated it because of how utterly incomprehensible and illogical it was. Iron Man goes to Xavier's house, finds out that it's emply, and then...decides out of the blue that this means Xavier has joined with Magneto.

Wtf?

And then Magneto attacks the Ultimates, kicks their ass, so...because of this, Captain America decides that he's going to take down the X-Men. Not Magneto, but the X-Men.

WTF??

Way to make the Ultimates out to be arrogant, senseless bullies even more than usual, Millar. As if fighting themselves wasn't enough, let's have them start hunting a bunch of scared teenagers for no discernable reason at all!

And then the actual "war," which didn't even happen until issue four of the entire series, was a complete letdown. Cyclops wasn't there, Iceman wasn't there, Xavier and Jean were taken out by a bunch of psi-scramblers, so...instead of a fight of the Ultimates versus the X-Men, what we actually get is a fight of the Ultimates and the entire SHIELD personnel versus Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Beast, and Kitty. What??

Oh, and Millar just couldn't help himself and just had to make a few of the soldiers bigots.

Oh, and Captain America beats Wolverine by being a cheap bastard. Goody.

Oh, and then the way that the X-Men win is that Iceman just shows up and beats everyone.

I've never regretted buying a trade more than I've regretted buying this trade.
And that's without bringing up the art by Chris "Claymation in 2D" Bachelo. :down

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Bachalo sucks ass.

It depends on what he's drawing, Bachalo on X-men or Captain America not so much..Bachalo on something like Man-Thing, Ka-zar, Devil Dinosaur, Howard the Duck, Silver Surfer I'd like to see that.

Kool-Aid said:
Silver Surfer sucks.

Kool Aid Man sucks. F**kin Pitcher headed *****e bag, blasting through my freakin wall. "OH YEAH!" Oh no ass head! Fix my God Damn wall!

Anubis said:
Kool Aid Man sucks. F**kin Pitcher headed *****e bag, blasting through my freakin wall. "OH YEAH!" Oh no ass head! Fix my God Damn wall!
Like Superman doesn't seem to find ANY excuse to punch through someone's wall too. Just look at the trailer for JUSTICE LEAGUE HEROES for an example. ;)

Thing #7-Dwyer's art still bugs me,but had some extra cash so figured why not.Nothing really new to say here,pretty much the same type of done in one type of story like #4 was with Ben and Alicia's rel'p in focus.The ending was pretty funny as well.

Ultimate F4 #30-Pretty much all setup.Lots of things coming to a head here.Looking forward to more Doom and Ultimate Inhumans.

Incredible Hulk #95-How sweet was that final page?As action packed and battle driven the past 4 issues have been,Pak's writing has been ace.Surfer looked awesome.

Bought:

Daughters of the Dragon #5
52 #4
Runaways #16
Ult FF #30
Spectre #1
Storm #4
Son of M #6
Thing #7
Squadron Supreme #3

Thought:

52 #4: I'm all for Steel getting some powers, if that's the way it turns out. Being the only one in the "Superman Family" without any was always corny to me.

Anubis said:

LMAO!!!!!

I think I swallowed my tongue!

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back