monarch theory

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
this has most likely been picked up on before and well behind the times but something dawned on me while reading the newest books

what is monarch is actually ray palmer, just all this talk of ray being lost in the multiverse hunting for an army to prevent a hugh crisis, where as monarch is doing the same

again i could be talking about my backside but i wouldnt put it past dc with who monarch was orginall meant to be and most artists have drawn him with skin and human eyes also

in the new issue of arena when the nazi ray escapes monarch is shown in the back with dark hair and human skin

though on other hand monarch mentions a containment when fighting the gl batman but that could just be a red herring or be a mention of his armour

I don't think it's Captain Atom at all. Either an alternate universe Nate Adam, or an alternate universe Eiling or something. In the end, I bet it's not who we are lead to believe it is at all.

Stan Lee come to steal the DCU and all the good heroes that he knocked off in Marvel! ::Gasp!::
Heh. The Doom Patrol will be first, I assume, as that one's the most obvious knockoff.

No, it's Captain Atom. That's who it's gonna be.

They have shown Captain Atom turing into Monarch in Battle for Bludhaven, but that Ray palmer theory is neat. Maybe it's the Atom from Liberty Files Earth. Maybe i'm full of crap.

No. As you say, they SHOWED Captain Atom, the one from OUR EARTH, the one who went to the WSU and came back, turning into Monarch. There's no implications or inferences here. It happened ON PAGE. There's no subtleties about that. Monarch's identity isn't the point of this whole debacle. Monarch ****ing everybody up is the point.

This is like trying to guess the identity of the Anti-Monitor.

Lets put it this way, when Atom turned into Monarch or whatever, he was still just Captain Atom in a Monarch suit. Same mannerisms, same mindset. The last time we saw what I would consider Captain Atom was when he showed up in that Ion mini, cruising the bleed fighting Demonites. Now, suddenly we go from Atom, good guy in a Monarch suit, to bad guy, multiverse conquering, pink faced guy in a Monarch suit. Sure, as far as we know, he's still supposed to be Captain Atom, but, what we are saying is, looking at what we've been shown of this Monarch since that issue of Ion, that ain't Nate Adam.

We know he spent time in the WSU. That made him harder, angrier, more lethal, more vicious, as anyone's time in the WSU would do.

Next he spends a bunch of time learning the nature of this new multiverse, and of the Monitors.

And he gets pissed off, you know? Who the **** are these *******s (who are, with the exception of Bob, remarkably stupid, reactionary, easily-led cow-people) to be running the Goddamn multiverse? And he gets a little obsessed, as crazy, unbalanced superheroes (read: half of WildStorm's heroes) tend to do, and he decides that the Monitors need to be taken out at all costs.

And voila: Captain Monarch.

We know he spent time in the WSU. That made him harder, angrier, more lethal, more vicious, as anyone's time in the WSU would do.

No it didn't. If anything, he had more of an effect on them than they did on him.

Next he spends a bunch of time learning the nature of this new multiverse, and of the Monitors.

And he gets pissed off, you know? Who the **** are these *******s (who are, with the exception of Bob, remarkably stupid, reactionary, easily-led cow-people) to be running the Goddamn multiverse? And he gets a little obsessed, as crazy, unbalanced superheroes (read: half of WildStorm's heroes) tend to do, and he decides that the Monitors need to be taken out at all costs.

And voila: Captain Monarch.

I just don't buy that. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did it that way. It would be total bulls**t, but it sounds like the sorta thing the powers that be would go for. But until they've done a flash back on the origin of Monarch's crusade, I'm gonna say it's an alternate universe Nate who hijacked the suit and is looking to get his Kang the conqueror on.

If I 'member correctly, Atom pretty much took on the Monarch persona when he came back, realizing the gov he worked for was testing on innocent humans, fighting off heros, and then there was the Major there, who he hated quite a bit.

And that sent him into the multiverse, where he's learned all sorts o' crazy sheezes, which probably gives him a lot of his current personality.

I just don't buy that. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did it that way. It would be total bulls**t, but it sounds like the sorta thing the powers that be would go for. But until they've done a flash back on the origin of Monarch's crusade, I'm gonna say it's an alternate universe Nate who hijacked the suit and is looking to get his Kang the conqueror on.
I'm not any happier about it, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's probably where it's going.

This is why they should have just done Armageddon 2001 the way they were planning. Because now we have to put up with this poopcrap.

Did you read Captain Atom: Armageddon? His time in the WSU did exactly the opposite of what you're saying. He recommitted himself to the ideals of his universe's heroes because he was shocked at how even Majestic, the supposed "best" of Wildstorm's heroes, behaved.

Then he came back to Bludhaven and nuked it. There was a little bit of a disconnect there. :dry:

Atom actually witnessed what maniacal out of control super heros that didn't care or have any remorse were like, and totally was disgusted by it.

Dude, I know, but if I say it, it makes you sound that much smarter. :o

You have such an overinflated self-image with your science and your French pompousness. :o

But you know you love it when it comes to bedroom activities. ;)

I actually do as well. One of my bedrooms has a lot of beige and white in it.

I was wondering if the Armageddon arc had some lasting effects on him possibly. I am, however, basing this entirely on the fact he uses pink energy blasts and the Void does also.

Well, we know he uses the Bleed, which was a Wildstorm idea to begin with as the Monitors can't see him there, and Kyle has visited it as well.

Chances are, it'll have some lasting effects.

He had a Void shard in him. That's why he was sucked into the Wildstorm universe in the first place and that's why his appearance changed. So that's the correlation between Wildstorm Atom and Void. He doesn't have it anymore, as far as I know. Void reclaimed it to reconstruct herself through Nikola What'sherface, and then Nate got shunted back into the New Earth universe.

The Void reconstructed herself by ripping it out of him. I don't remember just HOW he got back though. Energy outburst or something?

The Void shard was the only thing keeping him there, as far as I remember. He snapped back into the New Earth universe's present at that point, just like he normally would if he'd absorbed too much energy and quantum-jumped. The Void shard was the X-factor that brought him to the WSU, so take that away and he returns to his usual quantum-jumping MO in his usual universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"