monarch theory

Did you read Captain Atom: Armageddon? His time in the WSU did exactly the opposite of what you're saying. He recommitted himself to the ideals of his universe's heroes because he was shocked at how even Majestic, the supposed "best" of Wildstorm's heroes, behaved.

Then he came back to Bludhaven and nuked it. There was a little bit of a disconnect there. :dry:
Yes, I know that. I'm trying to argue from the DC editorial perspective here. They've already stated once or twice that his time in the WSU is part of the reason for his newly wicked ways. Yes, it runs counter to what was depicted. No, that's not stopping them from saying it anyways.

It is kind of interesting to note that the Monitor that fought Bob Monitor and gang said that Ray was off "building an army". Same hint was dropped in this week's Countdown. I like both characters, so either way I'm screwed by who it turns out to be.

My theory is that DC is trying to rehash an old storyline that didn't work out way back when the first introduced Monarch the first time.

Yes, I know that. I'm trying to argue from the DC editorial perspective here. They've already stated once or twice that his time in the WSU is part of the reason for his newly wicked ways. Yes, it runs counter to what was depicted. No, that's not stopping them from saying it anyways.
****ing DC and their stupid crap. I wonder how they'll explain the other Captain Atoms not kicking the Monarch's ass 3-to-1 in Arena. We know he's got a Captain Atom match coming up given that Breach was in Arena #2 and he's Earth-8's Captain Atom.
It is kind of interesting to note that the Monitor that fought Bob Monitor and gang said that Ray was off "building an army". Same hint was dropped in this week's Countdown. I like both characters, so either way I'm screwed by who it turns out to be.
Well, we've seen an alternate Bruce Wayne as Green Lantern and an alternate Ray Palmer as the Ray in Arena, so the prospect of the New Earth Ray Palmer switching identities to Captain Atom/Monarch isn't too far-fetched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"