More info on Hulk & Iron Man (Hulk scene that won't make it.)

I posted this over on www.HulkSpace.com but I figured I'd post it here, too, since I can't sue myself for plagiarism.......
.....yet.

Another wall at the Marvel office is covered with storyboards for the film, including an arctic fight scene between the unjolly green giant and a killer whale. That scene didn't make it into the film...

....I...

....I don't even know what to say....

...I mean...I could go in so many different directions....

*To hear ArtTeacher do a joke about Zak Penn, text "HACK" to 5-1-5-0*
*To hear ArtTeacher do a joke about PETA, text "MEAT" to 5-1-5-0*
*To hear a "Maybe James Schamus & Ang weren't so bad..." reference, text "FLOP" to 5-1-5-0*
*To hear a Tony the Tiger's inbred albino cousin joke, text "BEAR" to 5-1-5-0*
*To hear the recipe for a tasty Zak Penn stew, text "SCHUMACHER" to 5-1-5-0*
*To hear a Sea World joke, text "SHAMU" to 5-1-5-0*
*To hear a noose slowly tightening around ArtTeacher's neck, just stay tuned*

Well...at least we know it's not IN the film...
Maybe we'll luck out and get a shot of the storyboard in one of the EXTRAS on the SuperDeluxeDirector'sCutTwo-DiscSpecialEdition DVD.

*sigh*

You know, we've seen a couple of those Toy Fair photos where the Hulk is riding an ATV....
...maybe that's not JUST for the toy market...maybe he really...does...ride...an...ATV.

*please no Orca & Shamu action figures*

Well, it could be worse....

...it could have been a giant mechanical spider.

* EDIT *
By the way, folks, having said all that above, I actually still am quite positive and excited about the film....

...of course, I stayed positive and excited about the 2003 film, too....

Oh, God....

*Grabs a chair and looks for that noose*

They must have dropped that idea when word got out about Hancock...

Will we still see Hulk in the arctic though ?

Will we still see Hulk in the arctic though ?

Yes we will. [BLACKOUT]We only see Hulk's arm.[/BLACKOUT]

And...

Thank you to the one who said it would be best to leave that killer whale scene outta the movie!

THANK YOU!

I am sure it was Zak Penn's idea to have Hulk fighting a killer whale cos in his draft in 1996 for a Hulk film he had Hulk fighting sharks so I guess he changed it to a whale in this movie but I think it was Norton who removed the scene with his rewrites.

Well I'm glad that scene didn't make it, would've been really lame imo and I'm really glad the artic scene is still there, imo is a brilliant way to open the movie.

The bright and tidy office has a gleaming statue of the Silver Surfer in its lobby, and in a rear room, behind a locked door, there's a giant "life-size" image of the new Hulk, who will make his first major appearance this week at ShoWest, the Las Vegas gathering of movie exhibitors. Another wall at the Marvel office is covered with storyboards for the film, including an arctic fight scene between the unjolly green giant and a killer whale. That scene didn't make it into the film, but maybe it can inspire the ride designers working on that $1 billion Marvel theme park that was announced in March by the Al Ahli Group in the United Arab Emirates.

That really excites me. I hope someone gets a pic of it.

Thanks guys, i love that setting for Banner/Hulk.

Well I'm glad that scene didn't make it, would've been really lame imo and I'm really glad the artic scene is still there, imo is a brilliant way to open the movie.

Yep it sounds like a great scene taking a lot of things from Frakenstein.

Can somebody quote that article? Only registered users can see it through that link.

I am sure it was Zak Penn's idea to have Hulk fighting a killer whale cos in his draft in 1996 for a Hulk film he had Hulk fighting sharks so I guess he changed it to a whale in this movie but I think it was Norton who removed the scene with his rewrites.

Can you link me some reviews of Penn's 1996 script for the first film?

Another wall at the Marvel office is covered with storyboards for the film, including an arctic fight scene between the unjolly green giant and a killer whale. That scene didn't make it into the film...

idk If it would of been absolutely bad, but the fight would of been most likely unnecessary.

Glad it got cut, sounds pretty lame. Have the Hulk fight Abomination, no need to waste CG for Power Plays like this.

Fans should hate that, it short changes better more Hulk-centric scenes that could be written. Hulk vs. a Whale? That takes all of 3 seconds, anything more is weak.

Reminds me of the Superman vs Giant Spider idea from the canceled Superman movie

It was in line ahead of Banner at the Kwik-E Mart, buying dozens of lottery tickets.

One thing leads to another, and well, you know what happens... :bh:

So whats the deal? There is no crossover scene?
I think the title of the thread is mis-leading. I thought it was referring to a crossover scene between Iron Man and Hulk being left out. Not a whale fight scene which (thank goodness) should never even be talked about....ever! Damn Zak Penn.

That's why I separated the (Hulk scene won't make it) in the Hulk thread. If I put that in the Iron Man thread then that's different. LOL I understand though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"