Mortal Kombat

I still love the Johnny Cage/Scorpion fight! I even love how ridiculously bad and forced the ADR was to include Scorpion's signature line from the game, "Get over here!"
Lui Kang v. reptile
Cage v. Scorpion
those were the best fights from first imo. then Kang v. smoke,and sonya/jax v. cyrax..other than that other fights sux'd balls imo.

Kang vs Reptile, vs Shang and vs Smoke were the best for me.

Johnny Cage vs. Scorpion was the ****! Say what you will about Paul WS Anderson but MK was pretty entertaining.

I loved Cage vs Scorpion, too. "Get down, here!"
Anderson did an excelent job with the movie, imo.

all the fights in both movies were a "martial arts" travesty.

Mortal Kombat movies need to be HEAVY fantasy martial arts. We will never get that as long as an american helms this :(

EDIT:

I swear before all that is holy if they get a WHITE MAN to play the CHINESE GOD of Thunder ONE MORE DAMNED time.

the fights in the first were pretty good.
my only complain are the fights in the second.

I wonder how MK would turn out in the hands of a Hong Kong director.

Liu Kang vs Reptile was RUINED by that screwed up bicycle kick that looked like he was tapdancing on reptiles chest.

I've seen power ranger kicks that look more convincing.

THIS is how the movie should flow:
[YT]http://youtube.com/watch?v=jEbvgiMRAmk[/YT]

You complain about the Reptile fight, yet you like the stiff motions in the Shaolin Monks Intro.

If Robin Shou isn´t involved in this reboot of Mortal Kombat then they should get Stephen Chow to play Lui Kang
I love it.

I'd give a new MK movie a chance, because I liked the first one. The second was awful.

Hope this film is better than the live action Street Fighter.

That shouldn't be too tough :oldrazz: .

I think the first one has been the best video game - to - film adaption out there atm (just a matter of opinion for me though). And I think that a restart of the franchise isnt really needed unless they plan on getting totally new faces of characters like Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, etcetera. But like most, we all know that the second movie was only good for a few fight scenes, costumes, and that soundtrack.

The 2nd film was onmy bottom films list. Sure it isn't as bad as Battlefield Earth but it is pretty bad. As bad as anything Boll has put out there.

why people herald andersons first movie as a good adaption is beyond me...it's barely watchable. granted, not much you can do with it...but it really needs that sardonic tone and an R rating to work. Itll be interesting to see how "Mink" goes about the MK remake. The classic scorpion spear will make its on screen debut...thats worth the price of admission alone.

they should do a serious remake with better special effects. more fights . and backgrounds from the game . i like how they did goro in the original , i dont get why at the end the tournament rules seemed to of been abandoned.

my perfect MK film would be as shocking as when the game first came out. does anybody else remember all the controversy it sparked in the early 90's?it had a lot of gore for its time, and i know all parents would steer their kids away from anything MK related, except for the movie because it was so toned down and goofy.

although i absolutely despise the Hostel movies, i would pick Eli Roth to bring in the gore and team him up with Yuen Wo-Ping (the king of martial Arts choreography).

all the fights in both movies were a "martial arts" travesty.

Mortal Kombat movies need to be HEAVY fantasy martial arts. We will never get that as long as an american helms this :(

EDIT:

I swear before all that is holy if they get a WHITE MAN to play the CHINESE GOD of Thunder ONE MORE DAMNED time.

gods have nationalities?

they should do a serious remake with better special effects. more fights . and backgrounds from the game . i like how they did goro in the original , i dont get why at the end the tournament rules seemed to of been abandoned.

A DOUBLE CROSS ON SHAU KHAN AND SHANG TZUN'S PART I THINK

Johhny Cage + Scorpion in the woods..I was scared of Scorpion when I was little because of that scene. "Get yo punk @$$ ova here beyotch!"

MK: 2 was the long lost brother of Batman and Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"