DOA:Dead or Alive...or...Mortal Kombat movie

Lord Blackbolt

Avenger
Reaction score
Just saw the DOA movie this weekend. It was suprisingly very entertaining. I mean....how can u go wrong with girls in bikinis fighting with swords? It was like Baywatch meets Enter the Dragon. The fight scenes were pretty good....but forget plot.

I actually thought it was better than Mortal Kombat. Funny thing about it...I actually saw Robin Shu do a cameo in the movie...I haven't seen that guy in a movie since Mortal Kombat. He's the guy that played Lui Kang I think?

Anyway....who else saw this movie...and how do you compare it to Mortal Kombat?

I barely saw the trailer for the first time today lol

I saw it on DVD. I thought it went straight to video? Though...most of it had Japanese writing...so I think I saw a foreign version?

Or a bootleg.

But still, I haven't seen a single bit of advertising for it, although that could be due to the fact I don't watch much TV anymore. I'd be surprised if it's out.

The rest of the world's already seen it, the American release was delayed till August since hte Weinsteins think they can make summer cash with it...

i watched the trailer on ign.com

i didnt even know they made a movie untill i saw it on there.

How can anyone even compare DOA to Mortal Kombat?
MK was 10x better, even thought it wasn't the best movie/adaptation.

I loved the MK movies

I heard they were filming the new one but Katrina interfered.

They shot a few scenes before Katrina, actually. After that, it entered Development Hell.

Now, it's still in Pre-Production, actually.
It was going to be made to be a loose sequel to the original, but now it's being reworked as a full reboot. Only Christopher Lambert is still signed on. The original cast, except for the original Sonya, were attached, but not anymore.

:down

Mortal Kombat Annhilation was better than DOA.

I watched DOA about half a year ago, it really was a pile of laughable crap, and not even entertaining. Other than a few hot women in bikinis it had nothing. MK wasn't too hot either but it owned this.

Mortal Kombat (imo) owns this movie. The fights are better, better acting, directing, script. DOA has better CGI...and that's it imo.

DOA was **** just a film to show some half naked woman running about, so was MK come to think of it :)

MKA is at least so bad it's good. DOA is just plain a mediocre MK1 wannabe with a few extra layers of eye candy.

On IMDb, DOA trails just behind MK (5.1) with 4.9, and is safely ahead of MK: Annihilation, at 2.9.

Yet, still it seems DOA won't be arriving at American theatres. And one of its stars (Jaime Pressley, who plays Tina Armstrong) isn't too upset about it.

Pressley admitted the film was pretty much trash. "I can't say that I'm upset that it didn't come out," she said. "In the process of filming, a lot of bad stuff came up and happened, being that we were over in China in little small villages, you didn't have the means necessary to get things done like you do when you're in Hollywood ... And I think for gamers, a lot of the stuff was inaccurate because they changed it along the way."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159342

Mortal Kombat Annhilation was better than DOA.

I agree.
At least I could get into MKA, despite how bad it was.
DOA has NO redeeming factors other than the CGI. Jaime Pressly and Holly Valance were fine as hell, but it didn't help the quality of the movie.

On IMDb, DOA trails just behind MK (5.1) with 4.9, and is safely ahead of MK: Annihilation, at 2.9.

Yet, still it seems DOA won't be arriving at American theatres. And one of its stars (Jaime Pressley, who plays Tina Armstrong) isn't too upset about it.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159342

I thought it was suppose to come out against...sorry, be murdered against the new Fantastic Four movie on the 15th of June?

Whats this talk of CGI in DOA, I can't remember any apart from the enlarged breasts

Yay! Another thread for DOA! This must be the thirteenth or something like that...

Yeah, I've heard pretty decent feedback on this movie as well. When I saw the last trailer, it reminded me of Street Fighter how they managed to put in almost every single long time DoA fighter in the movie, along with their costumes and even a lot of the classic battle stages. So, there was some kind of pride being put into this film, but it was also obvious that it wasn't trying to take itself seriously. I mean, it's DoA.

-TNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"