Mortal Kombat

Johhny Cage + Scorpion in the woods..I was scared of Scorpion when I was little because of that scene. "Get yo punk @$$ ova here beyotch!"

MK: 2 was the long lost brother of Batman and Robin.

I think that's being too kind.

It is ;p
Only reason I watched Annihalation was for the screen adaption of more characters. Which ****ing sucked balls.

i remember the two characters i was most excited about before i saw the original were scorpion and sub zero.

I bought MK1 on DVD a few weeks ago and just got around to watching it a few nights back. And, man, were some movies better when you were a kid. I didn't really like it at all, yet as a a kid I seen it as a "Flawless Victory." But now, it's just a "Fatality".

Did you like what i did there?

i remember the two characters i was most excited about before i saw the original were scorpion and sub zero.

For me, Scorpion's and Sub-Zero's introduction in that movie is on my top list of favorite scenes. Even looking back, or when I watch the movie I still enjoy it as much as I did as a kid.

Those two were definitely badass. :up: Well, maybe not Sub-Zero. He fought like a *****.

I loved the first as a kid haven't seen it in a while.If they do another one I hope they include The scorpion/Sub-Zero plot line.We need to see those two go at it on the big screen.

mortalkombat1.JPG

they did a good job with goro

yea goro was scary when I was a kid.Alas his weakness is that of all men.

The first film was decent,but it could have been far better...the most ovious choice of Raiden being Asian.

yea, goro was pretty awesome as a puppet. if a new mortal kombat movie was made now, an animatronic goro would most likely be worse than that one or either that he'd be all cgi, which if you couldnt' really tell WOULD be cool.

but they need to reboot this series DEFINETLY, one of the only movies i feel need a reboot. and it needs to follow the storyline of the games, maybe combine part 2 and 3 like annihilation tried horribly to do.

if something can be done with a puppet or a miniature i think it's usually better then the CG in most cases. Example, old Ninja turtles movie with puppets ruled, new one...not so much. Puppet Goro was awesome :p

I thought the show was enjoyable. Cheap, but enjoyable.

i actually thought the show was better in almost every way from annihilation. it was meant as a prequel to the first movie. the fighting was pretty baddass. too bad season 2 wasn't made, that was suppossed to directly link konquest to the first movie (i'm assuming kung lao would have died and sub-zero and scorpion would have become shang tsungs slaves in that season). great potential

Those two were definitely badass. :up: Well, maybe not Sub-Zero. He fought like a *****.

Ya, the sub-zero v. lui kang fight was pathetic not sure what the hell they were thinking on this fight. This clip was probably the coolest scene of the movie when both of them came out together on the boat.
If they make another one they need to update the story amongst other things. Most of the ppl who grew up with MK are much older,and they need to spicen it up more..

Why whoop ass when you can freeze 'em up! That's what happened to the other guy.. :p

-TNC

Scorpion made Mortal Kombat the only decent movie Paul Anderson has ever made imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"