Mortal Kombat

How is the upcoming season of Legacy progressing with news of this movie?

As far as I know nothing happened.

Mortal Kombat reboot finds director in Simon McQuoid (EXCLUSIVE) http://bit.ly/2g0xFpx

Simon McQuoid, best known for directing commercials, is in talks to helm the “Mortal Kombat” reboot for New Line.

James Wan is producing the movie, along with Michael Clear for Atomic Monster, and Todd Garner and Jeremy Stein through their Broken Road banner. Lawrence Kasanoff is executive producing. Greg Russo penned the most recent draft.
Based on the classic ’90s arcade game, “Mortal Kombat” has generated numerous pop culture properties, including the best-selling video game in its franchise, “Mortal Kombat X.” The “Mortal Kombat” games are currently developed by NetherRealm Studios, owned by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, with a team led by co-creator and creative director Ed Boon.
Paul W.S. Anderson’s 1995 movie revolved around some of the game’s classic characters, like Liu Kang and Johnny Cage, who were invited to a tournament on a mysterious island only to find out that the fate of the world hung in the balance. The pic grossed $70 million at the domestic box office.
Its sequel, “Mortal Kombat: Annihilation,” however, did not bring back audiences and the studio shelved future plans for any “Mortal Kombat”-related projects. The series was revived after Warner Bros. Digital, which was run by current Warner Bros. chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara at the time, premiered the web series “Mortal Kombat: Legacy.”
McQuoid is an Australian filmmaker and one of the most in-demand commercials directors in the business, working on high-profile campaigns for PlayStation, Halo, Range Rover, Beats by Dre, and other top brands. His commercial work has earned him a Grand Clio, a D&AD Pencil, and a GRANDY Award, among others. McQuoid is repped by WME.

We've been in this position before. I'm not getting too excited until casting is announced and this sucker is in actual boots-on-ground production. :)

We've been in this position before. I'm not getting too excited until casting is announced and this sucker is in actual boots-on-ground production. :)
Yup. I wasn't expecting a huge movie, but I figured with the web series they would've done like a digital feature or something similar at least.

I wish Wan was directing.

he's a little busy
tumblr_oass2hxlHT1ryhzimo1_540.gif

I want this movie in the worst way - especially a rate-R version. Can't see why not given that both Deadpool and now Wolverine were/are.

There's just too many characters and rich mythology to NOT put something fun together.

Just find a Gareth Evans or John Hyams type who deadbolts the camera to the floor and knows who to cast as fighters and you've got yourself all you need with this.

All I want from this film is all the multi-colored ninjas. Besides horror characters, they've always been my favorite MK characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"