BvS MOS potential for BVS

I really hope that is the case. In making a shared universe with a boatload of colorful Super-Powered beings, it just makes more sense to have Supes out in front over swash-buckling vigilante Batman. Here is hoping WB understands this and they follow through with the logic of building up ALL of their potential marquee characters.

The general way Batman has interacted with the other heroes of DC these past 30 years is not a good sign. Across media, they make the other characters look bad to build him up. Then they wonder why they can't make any money off their roster of heroes. :doh:

Batman has the popularity, no doubt. I just take comfort in the fact that Batman is going to be surrounded by Superman's characters, not vice versa. Superman is the one established. (i.e. at least the next movie announced wasn't a Batman movie with a Superman/Cavill appearance.)

Do they just start following down the Marvel Route and start producing solo films for the other heroes that they introduced in the JL film and what about Superman? Do they continue making more superman films or do they just have Superman and Lois appear in the future JL films?

I really wouldn't want Superman and Lois to be limited to JL movies. There could be a very personal and intimate Superman movie to be told that could involve just him and the people around him (in his own mythology.)

I really wouldn't want Superman and Lois to be limited to JL movies. There could be a very personal and intimate Superman movie to be told that could involve just him and the people around him (in his own mythology.)

Given on how much Krypton's history played into MOS, I wouldn't mind seeing a adaptation of the "War on New Krypton" arc, featuring Brainiac and Kara, along with a colony of surviving kryptonians.

Heck, if they take Superman into space for his film, even if it's just a portion of it, they could at least use that as an excuse as to why Superman didn't rush over to help any of the Justice League members in their solo adventures if it takes place around the same time.

Given on how much Krypton's history played into MOS, I wouldn't mind seeing a adaptation of the "War on New Krypton" arc, featuring Brainiac and Kara, along with a colony of surviving kryptonians.

Brainiac in possession of Kandor could very much tie in with what is already established in MOS.

Heck, if they take Superman into space for his film, even if it's just a portion of it, they could at least use that as an excuse as to why Superman didn't rush over to help any of the Justice League members in their solo adventures if it takes place around the same time.

I guess they could explain this the way they do in the comics/cartoons- members are given assignments, they have their own problems to deal with. I'm curious to see how Marvel do it. And there could always be one or two other characters referenced or making an appearance in each other's solo movies, just not the entire League.

I've actually wondered about that as well since I've seen some argue that MOS somehow evolved along the way in becoming more of a JL trilogy than a standalone Superman one, especially if things turn out the way that you're mentioning.

Of course, it would definitely get very tricky as to where DC and WB should go after the Justice League film in terms of direction.

Do they just start following down the Marvel Route and start producing solo films for the other heroes that they introduced in the JL film and what about Superman? Do they continue making more superman films or do they just have Superman and Lois appear in the future JL films?

I honestly wonder when and even if another solo Superman movie will come, especially if BvS becomes a massive The Avengers-level hit. It'll then be a case of 'how can we get bigger?'

Because only DCU Phase One (Justice League) seems certain. No idea if Phase Two (further solo movies) is firmly in the pipeline.

I honestly wonder when and even if another solo Superman movie will come, especially if BvS becomes a massive The Avengers-level hit. It'll then be a case of 'how can we get bigger?'

Because only DCU Phase One (Justice League) seems certain. No idea if Phase Two (further solo movies) is firmly in the pipeline.

Well I guess that'll greatly depend on how well Justice League does and how well its characters are received.

DC and Warner Bros. can't keep relying on Superman and Batman to be their only source of income when it comes to their comic book properties.

Plus, I think "Iron Man 3" proves that you can do a great solo film even after the success of the group film in "The Avengers".

Or at least a hugely successful film (I would call IM 3 good, but not great). Plus, it's Batman, his movie NEVER fail unless they're complete garbage like that George Clooney cinematic abomination.

Unnecessary i think.
i hope superman repaired the scout ship, stationed it at north pole and made it FOS.
however the system isn't controlled by Jor-el essence but... Eradicator!!!
That should be awesome.. hope they do it that..

I don't want a repaired ship.I would like a reverse of the recent trend of FOS being made by K-Tech for Kal-El. Instead, I'd like a FOS made by Superman's own hands that starts out as a repository of K-Tech. I still have a dream that he takes most of the K-Tech someplace, gets some of it up and running and uses it to "Keep testing his limits."

Actually, imagine the look on BatFleck's face if there is a scene of Superman taking him to his secret hideout. Then again, I always thought the FOS was way more impressive than the BatCave.
A guy can dream :wow:... but I see more viable supes using ice and rests from the scout ship..:word:

In the New 52 comics, Brainiac is an alien from Yod-Colu who sends out robot probes to capture cities and destroy planets. His A.I. has infected a lot of planets, including Krypton and Earth (on Earth he is the internet.)

I guess he would be interested in Superman and the codex to complete his Kryptonian collection.
I like the new concept of Brainiac

"They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall".

I imagine that other super-powered beings will be inspired to put on a cape now.

Man of Steel is not just the first Superman movie, it feels very much like the first movie of an overarching story about the universe of superheroes. (whereas Iron Man 1 doesn't necessarily feel like the beginning of anything more than Iron Man)

---

This is why I'd be fine with the opening Snyder/Goyer "trilogy" of the DC universe being:

2013 Man of Steel (a movie about humans learning that they are not alone in the universe. The tip of the iceberg)

2015 Batman vs Superman (What happens when these beings don't trust each other -- they lose the trust of the people in the process)

2017 Justice League (When these beings band together as a symbol, regaining the trust of the people, establishing the status quo for the DC universe)

Then solos afterwards under different directors.

I like it

Well, Batman has apparently been active for years before MOS. However, that could apply to other heroes.

Right. Batman wouldn't have been inspired by Superman to put on a cape. He's already done it.

But I don't think other super-powered beings would necessarily be influenced by Batman (assuming they even believe that he exists), a regular person who didn't have to worry about being 'different' or disrupting the world, the same way they would be influenced by Superman and the events of Man of Steel, where the cat is out the bag with regards to super-powered beings, aliens, etc.

I think Martian Manhunter, for example, could be influenced by Superman and the events of Man of Steel. I think it would be an epic twist if he was general Swanwick, the guy who was ironically untrustworthy of Superman's power, and later decides to reveal himself.

Last edited:
He's actually very complicated in the comics. His origin in the New 52 is because an alien named Vril Dox tried to save his planet and other planets from being destroyed by an invasion from another dimension. So he created this A.I.

There should be more than just stealing a city because if it were just stealing and bottling a city like Metropolis, the plot and effects would be similar to the World Engine in MOS.

But more can be done with him. The planet of Colu is very interesting, they are an advanced race, and it opens up the story to all the other Brainiacs, like Brainiac 5, who is in the Legion of Super-Heroes.

"Brainiac" is a scientist so they can do a lot of things to change it up e.g. he can manipulate technology, create robots and creatures, enter the Phantom Zone, control people etc. etc.
thanks.
so the plot could be Brainiac comes to eliminate the human race to save the planet earth? lame?

I've said this before in other places as well so I'd though I'd share this here as well.

Personally, I still see this film, currently billed as Superman vs Batman by some, as a DIRECT sequel to "Man of Steel" like how "Iron Man 3" is to "Iron Man 2" as opposed to "The Avengers".

Why? Well, because unlike Marvel's case, we really have no other films from the DC Lore to tie into this film. "Man of Steel" is the ONLY film that came out before this one, and I'm pretty sure that the events of "Man of Steel" will have a significantly strong influence in how the story for this film goes.

That wasn't the case with "The Avengers", where you had several different arcs from different films finally coming together and overlapping with one another in "The Avengers".

Now, I can't say whether Batman will be treated as a equal protagonist to superman or whether he'll just be given a significant role like Harvey Dent was in "TDK", thus allowing Superman to still be treated as the "main" protagonist.

With that said, IF this is really being viewed as MOS 2 in the minds of goyer and Snyer, which I think it is personally, then the possibilities of Superman's overall franchise is quite large.

I mean having Batman in your film, especially when used right, is a pretty big thing and if Goyer and Snyder can manage to present a better story than MOS and use their characters well without one pissing on the other, while this is also treated as MOS 2 by them as well, then this could be one epic sequel that could really be remembered by many for years to come.
agree 100%. question is will they spend more on telling the batman origin to let the audience know more about this batman's background. if that's the case, time for superman will be reduced very much.

Right. Batman wouldn't have been inspired by Superman to put on a cape. He's already done it.

But I don't think other super-powered beings would necessarily be influenced by Batman (assuming they even believe that he exists), a regular person who didn't have to worry about being 'different' or disrupting the world, the same way they would be influenced by Superman and the events of Man of Steel, where the cat is out the bag with regards to super-powered beings, aliens, etc.

I think Martian Manhunter, for example, could be influenced by Superman and the events of Man of Steel. I think it would be an epic twist if he was general Swanwick, the guy who was ironically untrustworthy of Superman's power, and later decides to reveal himself.
I was saying that other heroes could be inspired by Superman. Or, if they're already active, they could be inspired to come out into the open more.

I was saying that other heroes could be inspired by Superman. Or, if they're already active, they could be inspired to come out into the open more.

Agreed. I'm just clarifying why I think it makes sense that Superman is the catalyst for superheroes coming out of hiding (and why MOS is the start of this story/universe), despite Batman having donned a costume long ago.

I think Superman could inspire him not to be an urban legend and leave the shadows.. I see that happening

I think Superman could inspire him not to be an urban legend and leave the shadows.. I see that happening

I could see that too.

However, does this mean Batman's entire career had no Bat signal, etc? Surely people would know that he's not just an urban legend if the police use the Bat signal for a decade.

That being said, perhaps there's a difference between his existence being known and standing proud in broad daylight alongside Superman, allowing news cameras to capture footage, etc, to inspire others around the world. I could see this happening post MOS.

I would imagine that the initial thing that Superman will "inspire" in Batman will be suspicion, mistrust, and skepticism. Batman is kind of paranoid and tends to believe the worst in people until they prove otherwise.

thanks.
so the plot could be Brainiac comes to eliminate the human race to save the planet earth? lame?

Going with the New 52 comics, he would preserve part of Earth, maybe save some humans, and destroy the rest of the planet. He would do this if Earth was already in danger of being destroyed by creatures from the 5th dimension, which are destroying many planets (including his own.) He's just doing it before they do, while still saving part of the world.

Brainiac starts off similar to Jor-El in this version in that he starts off as Vril-Dox, a gifted scientist on Yod-Colu who sees that his world is in danger and no one believes him. He manages to save part of his planet before it is attacked and destroyed by the creatures from the other dimension. He carries on his work in "saving" other planets.

Another thing he is doing in current comics is taking over the minds of some humans on Earth, including Lois Lane, because he wants them to host the surviving members of his race.

Last edited:
I would imagine that the initial thing that Superman will "inspire" in Batman will be suspicion, mistrust, and skepticism. Batman is kind of paranoid and tends to believe the worst in people until they prove otherwise.

Well I imagine that's what the bulk of the movie will be. Batman's mistrust. Maybe he won't want Clark to inspire any other super-powered beings to come out into the world and shake things up.

Perhaps by the end however, he'll be willing to stand by Superman.
Maybe not. Maybe he'll always hold on to his belief that Batman exists to be an agent of fear, never photographed, never demystified, etc.

Last edited:
Well, Batman has apparently been active for years before MOS. However, that could apply to other heroes.
don't know how many but in the shadows maybe he could leave the shadows with Superman's events?

Oh, he'll come out of the shadows because of Superman, but it won't be pleasant for Superman, at least initially.

Pa Kent's worry.

i think they should and must fully illustrate Pa Kent's worry and materialised in BVS. it's to honour and make pa Kent sacrifice worthy.

i wanna see huge missiles shooting at superman, making craters around him... that the world is totally rejecting him at the beginning. that's the human's nature. they eliminate different races. what's more an alien!!!

and some flash back of pa kent!!! encouraging his son not to give up!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"