Justice League The Official Justice League Excitement Thread! [BvS SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steppenwolf is step 1 to Darkseid...big picture :)

Yeah I know that, but then look at it this way.

The villain for the FIRST EVER live action Justice League movie is going to be .......... Steppenwolf, who is basically a lacky? Very underwhelming. I think there are far better and much more exciting villains they could have used and still lead to Darkseid.

The villain for the FIRST EVER live action Justice League movie is going to be .......... Steppenwolf, who is basically a lacky? Very underwhelming. I think there are far better and much more exciting villains they could have used and still lead to Darkseid.

Yeah, but he's a very powerful lacky, and you're crazy if you don't think we'll at least get a glimpse of Darkseid.

Avengers had Loki, who's not very powerful in the movie universe, and he was something of a lacky himself.

This is the first movie where we get all the heroes together, so the movie has to devote itself to setting them up. Darkseid is a HUGE villain who will require a lot of time to do justice to.

Steppenwolf is exactly the sort of villain we need for the first film.

Yeah, but he's a very powerful lacky, and you're crazy if you don't think we'll at least get a glimpse of Darkseid.

Avengers had Loki, who's not very powerful in the movie universe, and he was something of a lacky himself.

This is the first movie where we get all the heroes together, so the movie has to devote itself to setting them up. Darkseid is a HUGE villain who will require a lot of time to do justice to.

Steppenwolf is exactly the sort of villain we need for the first film.

Loki's power isn't about strength though. And Loki had intentions of taking over the Earth himself in Avengers. Plus Loki had a full movie of development before even showing up in Avengers, big difference.

Steppenwolf may be powerful, but so are plenty of other more iconic and exciting JL villains. They could easily have used one of them and still build up to Darkseid. And I never said we wouldn't get a glimpse of Darkseid, but we still could have while getting an iconic JL villain at he same time.

Loki's power isn't about strength though. And Loki had intentions of taking over the Earth himself in Avengers. Plus Loki had a full movie of development before even showing up in Avengers, big difference.

Steppenwolf may be powerful, but so are plenty of other more iconic and exciting JL villains. They could easily have used one of them and still build up to Darkseid. And I never said we wouldn't get a glimpse of Darkseid, but we still could have while getting an iconic JL villain at he same time.

I don't see what Loki's development in other movies has to do with why Steppenwolf shouldn't be the villain. We haven't had ANY development for ANY big bads, so that shouldn't be a point against Steppenwolf being the villain.

Loki is powerful, but he didn't excite me as the villain of Avengers. He'd already been the villain in Thor, and he didn't exactly raise the stakes. If anything, the Chitauri were the big level change.

Again, it doesn't really matter. Loki was just an antagonist purposed towards assembling the team, and that's exactly what Steppenwolf is going to do.

Personally, the villain is the least exciting thing about a Justice League movie.

Well we can agree to disagree. I think Steppenwolf is pretty badass and they will have him give the League everything they can take. :)

I don't see what Loki's development in other movies has to do with why Steppenwolf shouldn't be the villain. We haven't had ANY development for ANY big bads, so that shouldn't be a point against Steppenwolf being the villain.

Loki is powerful, but he didn't excite me as the villain of Avengers. He'd already been the villain in Thor, and he didn't exactly raise the stakes. If anything, the Chitauri were the big level change.

Again, it doesn't really matter. Loki was just an antagonist purposed towards assembling the team, and that's exactly what Steppenwolf is going to do.

Personally, the villain is the least exciting thing about a Justice League movie.

Loki excited me because we were already invested in him as a character. Throw in him being more ruthless and The Chitauri being with him that got me excited.

Steppenwolf doesn't get me excited in the slightest, he is a nothing villain, no matter how powerful he is. Now imagine we got a villain to be excited about, on top of the league forming for the first time? I disagree the villain is the least exciting aspect of a JL movie, here it is because of the choice they made.

But imagine it was Amazo, The White Martians, Brainiac, The Manhunters or The Elite as the villain/s instead, and how much more exciting would that be? A lot is the answer.

Was really hoping for Darkseid but I kinda knew it would end up like this and....I'm fine with it.
Steppenwolf will be interesting and it'll no doubt lead to Darkseid. Sound fine to me.

Faraci's write up is the best one out there. He really took notes, and he goes into great detail describing the two scenes. Reading his report actually really increases my optimism. He's geeking out in that piece.

It all sounds great to me EXCEPT the addition of armor to the regular bat suit. Strongly dislike that but it's my only nitpick right now.

Wow, I'm surprised at how much info we got today, and I love what I've read so far.

Agreed. They let loose a lot of information this early. And I am glad.

Most of the stuff revealed sounds great, I hope they can knock this out of the park. I liked BvS a lot personally, but I know plenty didn't so hopefully they make it a bit more appealing for fans.

However, is anyone else underwhelmed by Steppenwolf as the villain?

I am not familiar with Steppenwolf so I am excited to see this villain. He could be forgettable like some of the Marvel films but there is a possibility that he could be something greater.

Just waiting on the casting. We will get an idea about what's he going to be.

It all sounds great to me EXCEPT the addition of armor to the regular bat suit. Strongly dislike that but it's my only nitpick right now.

I am not a fan of armor integrated suits either but it might make sense considering Batman is going up against Parademons and not ordinary thugs.

I don't like armored batsuits as well, but he does use specialized batsuits in comics all the time, and what he'll be facing in JL does call for such suit.

I still hope it'll be reserved for the third act only though.

Was really hoping for Darkseid but I kinda knew it would end up like this and....I'm fine with it.
Steppenwolf will be interesting and it'll no doubt lead to Darkseid. Sound fine to me.

Likewise :up: I like what I'm hearing today with all this info. And the official logo is simple but works. And of course another awesome pic of the Batmobile.

This was what it said

"Batman will upgrade his suit and we'll see a new version of his armoured suit towards the end of the movie."

Upgrading his regular suit doesn't mean some crazy armor. It says we will see a new version of his armored suit at the end of the film. Aka the armored suit he fought Supes in. The upgrades to the regular suit might not be armor and might be tech based or gadget based. The armored suit that he fought superman in can get more of the big armor upgrade for the final act of the film.

**** me, the old thread is unlocked and the usual suspects are back to tell the rest of us how we should feel about BvS, how it's incredibly bad, how everyone who likes it is deluded and doesn't want to admit failure. The lighter tone of JL is a reaction to BvS's backlash, even though there are interviews (pre BvS release) proving it was always going to be lighter.

**** me, the old thread is unlocked and the usual suspects are back to tell the rest of us how we should feel about BvS, how it's incredibly bad, how everyone who likes it is deluded and doesn't want to admit failure. The lighter tone of JL is a reaction to BvS's backlash, even though there are interviews (pre BvS release) proving it was always going to be lighter.

Yeah, so many people sitting on their ears there. And the thread will probably get locked again soon, instead of infracting the usual suspects, which should have been the case the first time.

I have no qualms about set and costume design for whatever this movie is going to be.

I want them to just go balls out on the designs. A batmobile with spider legs? Asymetric batsuit design? Prototype flash suit? Fully CGI Cyborg suit? Giant bat-plane in a secret bat-hangar? LEEEZZZ GOOOOOOO

I have no qualms about set and costume design for whatever this movie is going to be.

I want them to just go balls out on the designs. A batmobile with spider legs? Asymetric batsuit design? Prototype flash suit? Fully CGI Cyborg suit? Giant bat-plane in a secret bat-hangar? LEEEZZZ GOOOOOOO
My man.

As someone who did love BvS, I am still very excited for this DC film universe. Not ashamed to admit that.

I like that All In attitude bro! Go BIG or go HOME!

As long as you denounce and reject Faraci, then you're good.
lol

DSC00754_1280_720_81_s_c1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe