MOS review thread (NO DISCUSSION)

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
I know there are already two review threads already but this thread is nothing but a collection of reviews for people who want to easily browse through reviews without screening out endless discussion.

Please add as many reviews as you can find.

and remember, NO DISCUSSION.

Last edited:
Here are some reviews from tweeter... Ref

MOS is awesome. :) Best summer movie yet.

I loved MOS. Completely disagreed with people nitpicking “not enough personality.” It’s different: Bigger action, tight, VERY focused story.

Man Of Steel is unlike any Superman film you’ve ever seen. Initial thoughts: Looked amazing, action was stunning, Cavill & cast excellent.

Best film he’s made. I loved his Watchmen, but this is a better fit for his skills. Oh, and there was no slo-mo :)

Rusty was great, got a nice opening scene. K-Cost rocked the world weary farm wisdom of Pa Kent like a boss.

as much as I enjoyed Returns, this is an entirely different beast. Returns felt anachronistic somehow. MoS is of this time.

Singer’s film was too tied to Donner’s. This shrugs off any creative shackles and paints with a free brush.

An anonymous tipster who wrote in to AICN had similarly nice things to say.

Overall, it’s gloriously flash and fun, bold and hallucinogenic, all the while having a touch of grit, grain and gravity. What it is is seriously geeky, and was probably made to appeal to Superman fans first and foremost. This is because it takes its mythology seriously. It’s a long movie, but it’s never boring. It does return to the greatness of the first two movies.

http://ashleynemer.blogspot.com/2013/06/early-review-of-superman-man-of-steel.html

The Overall:
I would rate this movie a 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was good, I enjoyed it. But when you stop and think about it, it just pissed me off. I can't get over the 'bad's' mainly because I expect two things: Originality and Staying true to the 'books'. Too much was like Independence Day for me to stay it was 'original' and the plot, while I did enjoy it, veered to far off the origins of the story.

Would I recommend it? Sure, it was one of the better movies I've seen as of late, would I rush out and buy it to keep, nope.

http://www.mdfchurch.com/index.php/keith-s-blog/entry/my-man-of-steel-movie-review
Man of Steel is now one of my favorite comic book films (coming from a Spider-Man geek, that’s saying something). My only disappointment with the film is with the unnecessary language – especially since this film is adored by kids and adults alike (who doesn't want to be like Superman?) – and will no doubt be attended by scores of children of all ages despite its much deserved PG-13 rating much to due with Michael Shannon’s embodiment of Zod, which was on par with Cavill’s amazing performance as Superman.

In Man of Steel, Snyder and Shuster provide the viewer with the messianic figure intended by Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster. For this reason, I believe Man of Steel is the best superman movie to date; I absolutely loved this film!

"I don't know if it was just because I was hyped up to see it, but I would rate it a 10/10.

Like a Batman Begins and Dark Knight mixed into one movie. M. Shannon as Zod was the perfect choice. He k!lled it.

Can't wait till next week to watch it again. Then I can really sit there and absorb the movie."-from a forum

EDIT: sorry, just realized this is a no-discussion thread. :doh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"