The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poni_Boy

Superhero
Reaction score
The Avengers has been given an unexpected screening schedule that as of now includes:

Press/Focus Screenings (UK) - Beginning April 7th

Press Screenings (US) - Beginning April 10th

World Premiere - April 11th

Multi-city Fan Screening - April 14th

UK Premiere - April 17th

International Rollout - Beginning April 25th

Domestic Release - May 4th

This thread is where people who have seen the film can let loose free discussion without the risk of ruining the film for anyone who does not want spoilers.

Again, this is a post screening review and discussion thread, not a speculation or latest news discussion thread.

Last edited:
So can we expect reviews and reactions in the next week or so?

Hopefully Baltimore will be added to the advanced screenings list next Monday. We're like the tenth biggest media market (I think) so we should have a shot. If DC or Philly gets in but not us I'm gonna scream (and buy a train ticket).

Guys, this is a review thread. No general discussion or the mods will shut it down. There's already a place for that.

Looking forward to the reviews. Marvel must have some serious confidence in the film to be running such early press screenings surely?

Will definitely have a review up the 14th sometime, most likely later than earlier.

I cannot wait. Can't wait for RIM's review and Poni's review and can't wait for the critic's reviews. This is gonna be hypetastic.

Looking forward to the reviews. Marvel must have some serious confidence in the film to be running such early press screenings surely?

I think they want the record.

This movie has a lot of pre-release buzz, but if it were to get some excellent reviews to draw out the outliner movie goers that only see 1-2 movies a year on the opening weekend they could really have a monster on their hands.

If this movie is even remotely good it's going to waltz to 300 million....if it is an 85% or higher type movie it could be a 400 million typer grosser

This is fabulous news.

People getting to see the movie over the next few days.

I'm going to find it hard staying away from this thread before I see it. I'll come in and read through squinted eyes so if I see something too spoilerific, I can shut my eyes, hold my breath and navigate away quick....lol

God, how old am I?

Yeah these screenings give me great hope for the movie. No way they'd be doing all this if the Marvel brass were not almost unanimously convinced they had a hit on their hands.....right?..lol

While the marketing for the movie has been excellent thus far, if there's a very strong, positive buzz after the first test screening, it could really create some momentum that will be carried into the premiere of the movie. I think Marvel & Disney obviously have good reason to be this confident about the movie, and I hope their confidence will be rewarded.

I'm surprised they are starting public screenings so early. I assume Disney/Marvel are very confident about the film right now. I hope this bodes well for the early buzz. I think they really want to push this summer starter hard Spider-Man 2002 style.

I'm surprised they are starting public screenings so early. I assume Disney/Marvel are very confident about the film right now. I hope this bodes well for the early buzz. I think they really want to push this summer starter hard Spider-Man 2002 style.

You can bet they are confident. The film has incredible amounts of buzz, years of build-up, and would definitely do well even if it turns out to be average (which I sincerely doubt). If you recall Green Lantern, WB blew their wad on making that movie, and in the end they were incredibly secretive and hesitant about pre-screenings, and we found out why in the end...the film was mediocre at best. Marvel is blowing their wad on this film, and by the looks of it it's good enough for them to stand behind for almost a month ahead of time.

Well . . . they weren't THAT secretive. I saw two early screenings of the movie and WB weren't like hands off. They were really good about letting us see it as I recall.

I mean yeah it wasn't like this almost a month out from the release, but it wasn't like keep it secret keep it safe.

But I think this is a good move and I hope it pays off. I'm likely doing one of the 4/14 shows.

If the movie were average they wouldn't be doing this many fan screenings this far out. They didn't let a peep out about IM2 until right before it opened

Well . . . they weren't THAT secretive. I saw two early screenings of the movie and WB weren't like hands off. They were really good about letting us see it as I recall.
Yeah but they kept you under embargo until the day before it opened

I mean yeah it wasn't like this almost a month out from the release, but it wasn't like keep it secret keep it safe.

But I think this is a good move and I hope it pays off. I'm likely doing one of the 4/14 shows.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm aware that WB wasn't being all "my precioussss" with GL...it's just that they did not have the confidence with that film to let it be seen until shortly before the actual release, and to me, that spoke volumes about how the film would be received. Avengers, on the other hand, has Disney and Marvel clearly being proud of their work.

Chewy, yes but it was lifted before the release. And that's not uncommon. Usually we like to put our stories out the day of release anyway to coincide with the height of the buzz.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm aware that WB wasn't being all "my precioussss" with GL...it's just that they did not have the confidence with that film to let it be seen until shortly before the actual release, and to me, that spoke volumes about how the film would be received. Avengers, on the other hand, has Disney and Marvel clearly being proud of their work.
Well yeah you are right on a lot of this.

Also with Iron Man 2, just remember it was different people running the show with Paramount. Same with Thor and Cap both of which I saw pretty early.

If the movie were average they wouldn't be doing this many fan screenings this far out. They didn't let a peep out about IM2 until right before it opened

As far as I recall Favreau was still in the cutting room the week before the premiere. That might have to do with it.

Word has it the UK audience who recently saw a final cut of The Avengers loved it. No dull moments and very character driven. The highlights regarding action were Thor and Hulk. Very emotional performances from RDJ and Evans. Hiddleston's Loki trumps his turn in Thor. Only negative thing I've heard is that they final battle could have been a bit longer. The after credits scene is the longest one of any MS film yet.

Word has it the UK audience who recently saw a final cut of The Avengers loved it. No dull moments and very character driven. The highlights regarding action were Thor and Hulk. Very emotional performances from RDJ and Evans. Hiddleston's Loki trumps his turn in Thor. Only negative thing I've heard is that they final battle could have been a bit longer. The after credits scene is the longest one of any MS film yet.

So many FEELINGS... Can't. Properly. Express...

:atp:

Post credits movie? Just start Avengers 2 right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"