Official Rate & Review Spider-Man 3 Thread! *SPOILERS*

True that is. ^

I hate IMDB board users. =(
Some of them can't be reasoned or negotiated with, some of them just want to watch movies burn.

xD
Sorry for the overused Dark Knight reference. But it's true. They are about as stupid and immature as Xbox Live users. Most anyway. On GTA IV. =p

I can't even trust their ratings at IMDB. I rate movies myself, but only for my own fun.

True that is. ^

I hate IMDB board users. =(
Some of them can't be reasoned or negotiated with, some of them just want to watch movies burn.

xD
Sorry for the overused Dark Knight reference. But it's true. They are about as stupid and immature as Xbox Live users. Most anyway. On GTA IV. =p

I can't even trust their ratings at IMDB. I rate movies myself, but only for my own fun.

LOL. You reminded me of the TDK / Godfather feud at IMDB. Hilarious! :woot:

I really only go there to check filmographies...I dare not become one of them:waa:

That review was just one stupid rant.

Though I can say the same for most professional critics.

It's called opinion.

Someone hated the movie, which a lot of people did, so they say what they felt like saying.

'Nuff...SAID.

I really enjoyed this movie my self but some parts of the movie felt really corny, SFX wasnt the best try and compare it to Spider-Man 2 :p but Venom awesome :) but 1 thing about him I didn't really like he never said "we" or "call us venom" that was let down for me. Over all I enjoyed it!

7/10 for me, which means OK! (I consider 6/10 as being average, but anyway..)!

SM3 could've been ALOT better, but there is no turning back now. Oh well..

Raimi Venom was far from awesome.

Well I agree with you man, but some ppl think he was awesome, for example some of my friends really loved this movie, but they are not Spider Fans! After all they are just oppinions. Although, I have to mention, since they don't know the REAL Venom, they think the Movies version was great, but if they knew some would probably get dissapointed.

I find this movie to be a complete let down. I watched it again yesterday and i agree with that IMDB review. It's a shame though, SM1 was excellent, 2 was ok but this one is just horrible.:down

Spider-man 3 is my favorite comics movie adaptation, I find this movie better that the previous movies of Spider-Man (better action sequence, better story imo etc...) and I love them, I really like Venom in this movie and I'm spider-man fan, Topher Grace do a really good job, I really can't wait to see the 4.

Spider-man 3 is my favorite comics movie adaptation, I find this movie better that the previous movies of Spider-Man (better action sequence, better story imo etc...) and I love them, I really like Venom in this movie and I'm spider-man fan, Topher Grace do a really good job, I really can't wait to see the 4.

Heck Yes!

Heck Yes!
...what.

gah im not even trying anymore... it's like arguing with a republican.. you tell them the facts and the reasons and they sit there and nod and spout the same stuff back at you.

Look sandman could have easily been ripped out of the movie, and it would have been fine, if not better. Peter didn't NEED sandman to get angry. What the smart thing to do, would have been the city HATE Spidey, not LOVE spidey, have MJ and Peters relationship get a little rocky (like foreshadowed with her grimacing face in spidey 2) still have MJ get jealous of Gwen, just to add the tension, while Harry terrorizes and even threatens peter and his loved ones lives. Introduce the black suit, have peter almost kill harry (and or some thugs) hell my earlier concept was to introduce shocker as a brief minor villain.... (his sonic blasts would let peter know sound effects the symbiote, thus the reason he goes to the bell tower (peter using his brain for once in the movies) rather then randomly going to it) black suit spidey could nearly beat shocker to a pulp too... him and harry both work. Brocks roll is expanded... peters slowly losing his job at the bugle to him, brock is extremely competitive and very jealous of peter (either due to having a fox (gag cuz it's kirsten and not how MJ should look) for a girlfriend or the fact he notices his gf (gwen) falling for peter. hell brock could think gwen is cheating on him with peter.. and become enraged. in the end, brock tries to get a big scoop, maybe on shocker? maybe on something else.. either way it falls through and he becomes a laughing stock, he's fired, becomes venom.. and begins to torment the hell out of peter. He kidnaps MJ and Gwen. Harry comes to the rescue at peters side and helps rescue the girls and defeat venom.

No need for sandman in there at all.. less convoluted story with still the theme of responsibility, redemption, and forgiveness with much less of a mess. Crisper, Cleaner, truer to source material, and not crammed with crap.
Very interesting points you gave. However, a couple of other things that might have also helped...
1) Keeping the mask on
2) Relieve Spidey from being a constant mute
3) Skip the dance numbers
4) And fire Sam "Lami" and revamp the entire franchise. "Sheesh, how this movie did suck!:csad:

Just saw Spider-Man 3 again...

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!!!!

THAT IS IN NO WAY A SPIDER-MAN FILM!!!
IT'S A TEEN ROMANTIC COMEDY/LOVE STORY/ TRAGEDY WITH A GUEST APPEARANCE FROM SPIDEY!

I mean really, after Batman Begins, Iron Man, TDK and Incredible Hulk... my taste is soured for this film... I used to like it...

Just saw Spider-Man 3 again...

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!!!!

THAT IS IN NO WAY A SPIDER-MAN FILM!!!
IT'S A TEEN ROMANTIC COMEDY/LOVE STORY/ TRAGEDY WITH A GUEST APPEARANCE FROM SPIDEY!

I mean really, after Batman Begins, Iron Man, TDK and Incredible Hulk... my taste is soured for this film... I used to like it...
Well, you can look at it this way:
The superhero genre, other than being primarily an action type premise, has just about encompassed every other type of movie out there - Batman is a crime drama, Iron Man is a sci-fi flick, Hulk can be seen as a sci-fi movie with horror elements in it.
You can think of Spidey as precisely that - a romantic comedy.
There's nothing wrong with that. Even if I like to criticise Raimi’s particular style of romance and comedy, it’s what separates Spider-Man from every other superhero movie out there. And that's a good thing. :cwink:

Hey I wanted to share this blog with you guys. It's from one of the concept artists, and he was fairly honest when it came to working on Spidey 3:

"I've never been on a movie where the script changed so radically so often. I wouldn't be half-way through a keyframe when someone would look over my shoulder and say "Oh. Didn't you know? It's no longer Venom in that scene, it's Goblin..."

" (ARTIST) Jim Carson and I kept getting asked to do pretty much the same work, which was really demoralizing, particularly for him since he'd been on the project for over a year already doing great work. I felt really bad, it just wasn't a fun environment. The construction site set ended up being struck and rebuilt twice more for re-shoots. Ahh, this is how movies are made these days. And we wonder why they're so expensive...

http://philsaunders.blogspot.com/

i can back that up, the whole art department never knew what was happening, and most of them hated what they were doing in the film and to the characters.

Simply put, Sony felt the pressure of living up to the standards of the previous two films, and tried too hard to manipulate and control every last aspect of the creative process to ensure absolute success.

And while, at the end of the day, the film was financially successful by a considerable measure, the quality of the film and the bad taste it left in the mouths of fans has cast a (wait for it) web of doubt over the entire franchise.

And while, at the end of the day, the film was financially successful by a considerable measure, the quality of the film and the bad taste it left in the mouths of fans has cast a (wait for it) web of doubt over the entire franchise.
If we’re really gonna speak in plurals, while there’s a considerable drop compared to the previous two films, Spider-Man 3 still holds a 60% average among ‘fans’ on rottentomatoes and metacritic. Even here, there are many more people liking the movie (10-6) than there are not (5-1). So the ‘bad taste’ and ‘web of doubt’ is only among some fans, and specifically the more vocal group. :cwink:

If we’re really gonna speak in plurals, while there’s a considerable drop compared to the previous two films, Spider-Man 3 still holds a 60% average among ‘fans’ on rottentomatoes and metacritic. Even here, there are many more people liking the movie (10-6) than there are not (5-1). So the ‘bad taste’ and ‘web of doubt’ is only among some fans, and specifically the more vocal group. :cwink:

considering the people who praise it, seem to congregate in this thread... and are the only people EVER i run into that adore the movie, i'd say your accuracy is far from correct as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"