Official Rate & Review Spider-Man 3 Thread! *SPOILERS*

considering the people who praise it, seem to congregate in this thread... and are the only people EVER i run into that adore the movie, i'd say your accuracy is far from correct as well.
Right, because personal experience always trumps calculated statistics. :oldrazz:
Look, those are not my estimates.
When it comes to objectives, all I do is look at factual numbers.
:yay:

i mean, it's not a bad movie but it didn't leave an impression on me, and I was a casual fan. I remember when I saw the movie with some friends (who are not comic people) and they just said that the movie didn't work. And at the time, they didn't know what. One mentioned that it felt more artificial.

Right, because personal experience always trumps calculated statistics. :oldrazz:
Look, those are not my estimates.
When it comes to objectives, all I do is look at factual numbers.
:yay:

the percentages arn't about "love it or hate it" it doesnt mean 60% loved it, and the rest hated it. It just means the average of everyone felt it was a mediocre flick, which it was. after all more 60% on here thought it was an 8 or below. while only 21% gave it a perfect score.

I can guarantee you if we conducted a new poll, the poll would read quite differently as well

the percentages arn't about "love it or hate it" it doesnt mean 60% loved it, and the rest hated it. It just means the average of everyone felt it was a mediocre flick, which it was.
You seem to be confused about what an 'average percentage' actually is.
60% doesn't mean that most people gave it a 6 out of 10 score.
Perhaps you're looking for the ‘average rating’ instead, which is also featured on rottentomatoes and by the way also has a 6.0/10 overall score. If the percentage was calculated in a similar way around each unique individual score, it would take only one extremely negative rating to significantly bring down the average among a certain number of critics. Easy example:
Ten people, seven of them give the movie a rating of 6 and three give it a 1, summed up together and divided among the number of critics, we get an average rating of 4.5.
The 4.5 does not accurately represent the people who gave the film a positive rating, nor does the 5.5 that gave it a negative one.
That is used only to rate the movie in quality, which was one of Cmill’s points but one that I, if you’ll notice, did not address. If that’s the only point you want to make then I would agree with you, however, I’ll spare you the calculations and say that this thread’s average rating is a 7.3. If you’re saying that the movie is much more mediocre than that, I’ll leave you to question the reliability of this average on your own.
But if you ask me, movies, like all forms of art, cannot be objectified with an estimate.
That is why I was using the percentage system, which strictly deals with the black and white number of positive and negative responses, not ratings. And that’s precisely why Spider-Man 3 got a whole 10% more people who liked it than the ones who didn’t.

after all more 60% on here thought it was an 8 or below. while only 21% gave it a perfect score.
And now you’re contradicting yourself.
It is sound to say that a 10-6 score is a positive rating, while a 5-1 is a negative one.
So while the average rating here is 7.3, the average percentage is a high 80.49%.

And where are these extremes of ‘love’, ‘hate’ or ‘perfect’ coming from?
A movie can never be 60% perfect or 60% loved. That’s why it’s called an ‘average’.
It’s only a statistic to give the illusion of objectivity. I don't rely on it to see how much I should like a film or not. I only check on it to see how many people think the same as me.

I can guarantee you if we conducted a new poll, the poll would read quite differently as well
Why so confident?
I myself am not convinced. It could go either way.
But even if it would turn out with a worse rating than this one, it is only an average on the current state of this part of the SHH community. The rottentomatoes and metacritic ones will always be there and the best estimate is an indefinite one.

Last edited:
none the less 60% is not a good score, it's still an F :p
Ha! Well that's by your own criteria. Most would still recommend it at least for a rental. :cwink:
No Spidey flick should really be held by such a high standard. Extremely few superhero movies can be seen as masterpieces.

i loved the film..[and yes im ready to get blasted here] but topher was AMAZING as Eddie/Venom. the only problems i had with it were the soundtrack - i liked the mf&ib to sm1/2, but the 3rd soundtrack was kinda..meh for me...granted i have all 3 of them on my ipod haha...and WHERE THE HELL IS OUR SCORE BY C. YOUNG?

i hated these films....

from the begining i thought Topher Grace should have been Peter Parker Not tobey maguire...bleh...

and i predicted it, he would be Venom and come off more like how Peter Parker should have been...

Dunst is no Mj, in looks, shes a lousy actress....shes perfect for Maguire becuase they both looked dead behind the eyes and are equally boring and lifeless together on screen.

these movies are just not the Amazing Spider Man, its the lackluster, cry baby, craptastic...Spider-man.

I didn't see the third one should i???

i hated these films....

from the begining i thought Topher Grace should have been Peter Parker Not tobey maguire...bleh...

and i predicted it, he would be Venom and come off more like how Peter Parker should have been...

Dunst is no Mj, in looks, shes a lousy actress....shes perfect for Maguire becuase they both looked dead behind the eyes and are equally boring and lifeless together on screen.

these movies are just not the Amazing Spider Man, its the lackluster, cry baby, craptastic...Spider-man.

Wow, you never saw the third one?! I guess some people wouldn't recommend it. But you should at least give it a chance. It may not be the best of the triology, but it may be entertaining.

the percentages arn't about "love it or hate it" it doesnt mean 60% loved it, and the rest hated it. It just means the average of everyone felt it was a mediocre flick, which it was. after all more 60% on here thought it was an 8 or below. while only 21% gave it a perfect score.

And why is that?
All the people I personally know liked the movie. Sure, some had problems with it, but they didn't think it was bad.
You think members here lied or something? If they liked it they liked it. Most of the people I see who didn't like it are usually trolls. Like on Youtube or IMDB. Why even go to a Spider-Man 3 related thing if you hated it? They just try to cause problems.

i hated these films....

If you didn't like the first two, then I wouldn't bother with the third. If you hated the cry baby Spider-Man, then you definitely don't want to watch the third. :hehe:

Watch part 3 oldgreg, then give us a review on here.

And why is that?
All the people I personally know liked the movie. Sure, some had problems with it, but they didn't think it was bad.
You think members here lied or something? If they liked it they liked it. Most of the people I see who didn't like it are usually trolls. Like on Youtube or IMDB. Why even go to a Spider-Man 3 related thing if you hated it? They just try to cause problems.

people didn't lie, it's just sometimes after seeing a movie more then once, and letting it actually sink in, is when you realize your true feelings for it. Alot of people loved X3 opening night. But week after week went by and people began to dog it. Sometimes fanboy lust can blind one.

Just got done watching the trilogy. I haven't seen SM3 in over a year. I actually enjoyed it this time around. I wasn't as bothered with the dance scenes as I usually am. The movie is still crammed together, though. IMO, Eddie Brock should have had more screen time to build up his hatred for Peter. This wasn't too bad of a movie, but it could have been much better.

I agree with your post NYS, in a way. I enjoyed it my first time just fine. Some people do enjoy things more on their second go though. I think the movie was alot of story, but not ALOT, like DAMN. As I watched it more it spaced itself out more. Now I take it slow, but still very entertaining, not boring slow.

The movie kinda spaced out for me as well. Every other time I would watch it, it would just be slow as hell. It felt like the movie was going nowhere. This time it went faster and felt like the movie had meaning. Maybe after watching all three movies in a row it helped me understand what Peter/MJ/Harry were all going through. This was the first time I watched all three movies in a 7-hour period. Maybe it helped understand the story a little more.

Man, I really wanted to do that last weekend but I didn't get the chance. ^

I've done 1 and 2 before, but not 1, 2, and 3. I can't wait to do it!

Yeah, I started around 10:30 last night and didn't get done untill 5:30 in the morning.

i loved the movie! 10/10

I ve wanted to watch all 3 but never find the chance to do so, but for some reason i always avoid watching them. i dunno why but i always do haha same with TDK and BB lol

BB and TDK seem different to me.

I thought BB was okay, Dark Knight was far better. But the things I liked about Batman Begins were absent in Dark Knight. That cool city cinematography with the oranges and browns, fog etc, and the more comic book-like story line, not the realism which tries hard to be the exact opposite of a comic book.

But they just seem like different movies to me. Like if they changed their minds for the sequel.

Still, they're not bad.

yeah TDK and BB are great films! i agree with BB all the fog, it looked like a comic all dark and great variations of colors, good points man

Another thing that upset me about SM3 was that Harry didn't have the original Goblin suit like his father did. I know some people hated the way the suit looked, but I liked it and thought it should have been used. They could've at least modified it a little bit so it wasn't exactly the same. I always thought purple gloves/boots would've been perfect.

Yeah, there was nothing Goblin like about Harry's costume.

Last edited:
Harry's costume was really awesome but it wasn't awesome enough for a Goblin. I didn't need him to make a mock version of daddy's suit.

Raimi put it well in some interview. I think it was Raimi, could have been another cast member. Too tired to remember.
But he said that Harry wasn't trying to make a name for himself, he didn't need a catchy costume. He wanted Spider-Man dead and that was all.

I think it would have been cool to wear a Goblin suit for the final battle (maybe the old one had been too damaged from their first fight). He had a green and purple Goblin suit on the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"