Most Evil Character in Game of Thrones?

Greyjoy here. Our best killers are terrified of House Clegane.

There could be an argument made that Stannis destroying the only person he loves (and himself in the process) to save the world is tremendous sacrifice, one child against the lives of every single human being in Westeros, Essos, Sothrorys. In theory that's the ultimate sadistic choice, and that's how Stannis saw it. An evil act to serve the greater good.

Compare that to the likes of Ramsay who skins women alive, rapes them (and forces them to have sex with his hounds), enslaves, mutilates and dehumanises them, all to satisfy his sexual desires.

Joffery was a character I loved to hate, and Jack Gleeson really brought him to like.

Ramsay I just hate.

I would consider Petyr as one of the more evil characters, though there's that rag to riches aspect of his background that makes me keep from doing so.

Victarion is pretty bad. Dude murdered his wife, if his backstory is to be believed, for getting raped by Euron. Euron says she came to his bed willingly, so who knows where the truth is. Probably somewhere in between there.

Victarion always struck me as a character that, had he been born in any other Great House would probably be a pretty decent guy. Everything he does is governed by the Ironborn culture, and what they consider to be right and honourable(which is pretty alien from modern society and even what the rest of Westeros consider to be honourable) and given that he's not very intelligent, he tends to cling to those customs. Which is where the wife-killing comes into it, because by Ironborn custom that was what he had to do to retain his honour. He wanted to kill Euron for it and was fully prepared to do so until Balon stepped in and reminded him about the customs against Kinslaying. He is a violent brute, but he does seem to be opposed to wanton cruelty and seems to be entirely governed by the Greyjoy set of morals.

As far as point of view characters go, he and Cersei are probably the most villainous though.

I just binge watched the entire season in about 3 weeks, so everything is fresh as it can be, but wow. Of all the characters that I've encountered in my three weeks immersifying myself with GOT, it would definitely have to be Ramsay thus far. I was so bummed to not see him bite the dust at the end of S5.

Though, after five seasons and the fleshing out of characters who were initially evil and whatnot, the only characters I still have zero sympathy for are Ramsay, Roose, Cersei and Joffrey. I actually enjoyed seeing Cersei get kicked down to the lowest of the lows by the High Sparrow whom she put into power in order to get back at Margaery.

Baelish might come to take the title as the most evil later on though.

Night King is badass though. I have zero knowledge of anything outside the show so when I saw his backstory on some of the wikis online it blew my mind.

^I can't believe you feel even the slightest sympathy for Baelish. That man has murdered and triggered a war just to satisfy his own ambition.

He's fond of them there sociopathic tendencies, is Baelish.

^I can't believe you feel even the slightest sympathy for Baelish. That man has murdered and triggered a war just to satisfy his own ambition.
I guess I don't feel sympathy for Baelish, but I don't hate him outright yet. I used to actually prefer him to Varys in terms of who was the less evil of the schemers and the show definitely played up the ambiguity between those two, but at the end of S5, Varys is much better than Baelish for sure.

i would pick Varys over Baelish every single time. don't like baelish at all.

at all.

I've been thinking about this lately and trying to rank characters by most to least evil. Here's how I'd rank them, though this may be subject to change:

1. Ramsey
2. Craster
3. Joffrey
4. The Mountain
5. Cersei
6. Aerys
7. Roose Bolton
8. Karl Tanner
9. Styr, Magnar of the Thenns
10. Viserys
11. Meryn Trant
12. Tywin
13. Littlefinger
14. Various Dothraki khals not named Drogo (and Drogo before he met Dany)
15. Walder Frey
16. Myranda
17. The Masters and the Harpys
18. Euron Greyjoy
19. Balon Greyjoy
20. Alliser Thorne
21. Janos Slynt
22. Smalljon Umber
23. Lysa Arryn
24. Maester Pycelle
25. The Hound
26. Jaime Lannister
27. Theon (pre-Reek)

EDIT: Just realized I forgot about the Night King. I suppose he should actually be at the top, though I don't feel like going back and reordering everything.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Jaime is on that list but Mel isn't.

I'm surprised Jaime is on that list but Mel isn't.

Dagnabit I knew I was forgetting someone. There are so many evil and or morally gray characters on this show it's hard to remember all of them. Mel should be on the list, along with Stannis and his crazy wife too.

I wouldn't include The Hound or Thorne on the most evil list. The Hound is not a nice guy, but he doesn't go around killing innocents for no reason. Thorne was a traitor, but he did it in what he viewed to be the best interests of the Seven Kingdoms. Some other characters like the Waif, Jaqen, and the Sandsnakes are worse than those two.

Going into season 7 she's probably the only "villain" left on the show that's not the white walkers...

tumblr_o9g5ysAtl01qzyznvo1_400.gif

I wouldn't include The Hound or Thorne on the most evil list. The Hound is not a nice guy, but he doesn't go around killing innocents for no reason. Thorne was a traitor, but he did it in what he viewed to be the best interests of the Seven Kingdoms. Some other characters like the Waif, Jaqen, and the Sandsnakes are worse than those two.

Yeah, I forgot about the Waif and Jaquen. The Sandsnakes I wouldn't necessarily call evil though; they're trying to avenge their father, albeit in some awful ways. The Hound though... he killed an innocent kid early on in the show. I feel like, even if you're doing your duty, that's a pretty heinous act. And it's not like he NEEDED to kill him. Sure, Cersei would have probably had him put to death anyway, but the Hound could have just grabbed the boy and brought him back and maybe he'd still be alive.

As for Alliser... I went back and forth on him for a while throughout the show but I feel like he just had a bug up his butt about Jon from the get-go and took advantage of some animosity in the Night's Watch so he could off him. I know he said he did it for the greater good and all that, but he was trying to hang Jon out to dry from day one. He lets Jon go take on Karl at Craster's Keep in the hopes that he'll get killed.

Going into season 7 she's probably the only "villain" left on the show that's not the white walkers...

tumblr_o9g5ysAtl01qzyznvo1_400.gif

I think Euron will fill the cartoonishly evil villain role that Ramsay and Joffery filled previously. I'm not sure where Cersei will fit in exactly, but she's definitely (more) villainous at this point.

I think Euron will fill the cartoonishly evil villain role that Ramsay and Joffery filled previously. I'm not sure where Cersei will fit in exactly, but she's definitely (more) villainous at this point.

I don't think they're going to give Euron even half the amount of development they did for Joffrey and Ramsay just because there isn't much time left in the show. I think he'll talk a big game but most likely ultimately be roasted alive by one of the dragons.

I too suspect he'll be dead early on. At this point he's not really been established as the demonic threat his book counterpart is, and it seems like he was only brought in to motivate the Ironborn to go to Dany. I think he'll probably get the Doran Martell treatment.

I wish Patchface was on the show. Mel might have been on to something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"