Most unsettling moment in a game

Quasimod0

Bell-Ringer
Reaction score
Ive recently started playing bioshock for the first time. And besides the entire game being unsettling to the max, there's one part where you must kill people and take pictures of their dead bodies for this insane theatre guy. He also has all these statues that are actually dead people covered in plaster. Anyway, I just wanted to hear everybody else's stories about weird, creepy, or unsettling moments in games.

Reading the Trevor Diary pages in the Resident Evil remake.

13 years old playing late Saturday night and having Cambel tell me I've been playing for to long (which I had), and that I needed a break. I sat forward towards the TV in shock and confusion only for Rose to tell me to not sit so close to the TV as it can hurt my eyes.:wow: Make matters worse for some reason shortly after this a helicopter kept flying over my house. My god what a night that was.

I've never found myself actually scared by games (bar Slender :p).

I do remember when I was younger playing the level 343 Guilty Spark on Halo. That was pretty damn unnerving.

From the same game. Naked cartwheels

original

I opened that pic at the same time as the Claptrap from the borderlands game starting talking on the tv saying "Look at me, I'm dancin, I'm dancing!" and that's terrible.

When you get to the killer's house and the following store mannequins in Condemned.

Heavy Rain. The entire section with this creep.

Ishimura in Dead Space 2. Wow that whole level was just wow

In Heavy Rain when [blackout]Ethan thinks he might be the villain [/blackout]. Really put me in his shoes, and was really quite a disturbing experience to think you might be a killer without even knowing it.

The voicemails in Dr. Crane's office from Batman Begins.

The industrial district, after Joker's death in AC. A lot of the electronics are down, and listening to the wind blow through or against the steel and brick is disquieting. And the signage, graffiti, and looped recording of laughter help create a largescale haunted house.

That final escape level from F.E.A.R. as you're trying to desperately fight through the various phantoms as Alma slowly trails after you.

The 3rd Scarecrow fight in Arkham Asylum.

Oh and the exploding baby in Dead Space 2...:o

I agree, that game's campaign was amazing. It's sad to see that it has mostly been overlooked

The campaign is really meh right up till you get that first moral decision. Then it becomes really good.

The only thing that weirded me out about this part of the game was that at one point if you do answer the call, video of an asian girl (which looked like it was taken with a camcoder) sudden appears.

Hmmm, getting drugged and having part of your brain removed in Fallout III Point Lookout.

The Dunwich Building in Fallout III.

The survivalists diary in Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts. Finding out that them Vault 22 survivors ate an entire tribe and his one man war against them.

Max Payne's dead wife and child comes to mind.

Max Payne's dead wife and child comes to mind.

Fo' sho'.
That one still creeps me out, with the seemingly pointless running around the blood trail maze.

Also: Pyramid Head. And the first time I played Slender. (Replays: not so much creepy.)

Fo' sho'.
That one still creeps me out, with the seemingly pointless running around the blood trail maze.

Ugh, yeah, that was the worst. Just the baby screaming every time you fell off and died.

The bit in Bioshock where you see the dancing splicers. It's so eerie to walk by something so dangerous. Plus it's the first time you get a good look at a live one.

The bit in Bioshock where you see the dancing splicers. It's so eerie to walk by something so dangerous. Plus it's the first time you get a good look at a live one.
I killed them. Sander cohen came out. I killed him and took a picture of his body. Got an achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"