Movies with similar plots

The "unofficial" last Connery 007 movie Never Say Never Again is basically a remake of Thunderball.

Gene Hackman's character in No Way Out and Absolute Power is exactly the same.

Gene Hackman's character in The Quick and The Dead was pretty much a repeat of his Unforgiven character. Otherwise, the plots weren't that similar.

I or someone else might have already mentioned it before, but "Road to Perdition" is pretty much "Lone Wolf and Cub" (aka "Sword of Vengeance") done as an old school Gangster film. I might be wrong but I believe the Japanese movie or Manga inspired the American graphic novel and Mendes' great underrated film in the first place.
Anyway, I love both of them.

Last edited:
Haha.
Pretty much every superhero origin flick... :cwink:

that and the " Oh the weight of the world is on my shoulders and I just don't want to be a hero anymore... * days later* but the world needs me and now I understand about my responsibility blah blah blah I get the girl anyway..." Sequel.:whatever:
Yeah I'm looking at you Superman, Spider-man, Batman, and all of you others waiting in the wings for your cookie cutter sequel.

The original Conan The barbarian is a very odd mario bros adaptation:

Reptilian bad guy? check.

Mid level reptilian bad guy in a tower? Check. (the giant snake)

Rescuing a princess? Check.

Minor bad guy with hammer? Check

One up? Check (kind off)

looting for money? Check

Conan is like mario, his robber friend is like luigi, the bald magician is toad...

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
The Dark Knight Rises
:ninja:

I forgot if it was MAD or CRACKED magazine in their spoof of either Mission Impossible or Eraser that both movies had similar plotlines.

The Three Amigos
Galaxy Quest
Tropic Thunder

Although much less popular and not as good as the ones you mentioned, you can throw in Bruce Campbell's My Name Is Bruce with those, as well.

One up? Check (kind off)

looting for money? Check

Conan is like mario, his robber friend is like luigi, the bald magician is toad...
This is the greatest thing I've ever heard.

One up? Check (kind off)

looting for money? Check

That's funny, because another reviewer described the new Conan (with Jason Momoa) as like Zelda: [YT]wvLZrdBF2F4[/YT]

Not really a similar plot, but actually the same plot device can be found in Cronocrímenes (a spanish time-travel movie) and Triangle.

On a side note, I recommend both movies for any person who likes movies involving time.

The Wraith and The Crow have very similar plots.

Nearly every zombie film....and that's coming from a fan of zombie films!

Nearly every zombie film....and that's coming from a fan of zombie films!
Shaun of the dead doesn't have that much in common with 28 Days later or Romero's Dawn of the Dead or Day of the Dead etc...

Spider-Man 2 and Amazing Spider-Man
Batman & Robin and every other grand scheme vengeance film

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"