MPAA Rating (Note: Officially PG-13)

The Joker said:
Ghost Rider is NOT a mature title, Punisher is. Punisher is a MAX book, aka comics for adults only, R-rated. Ghost Rider is a regular marvel book, rated A, which is essentially nothing more than a hard pg-13 as far as comics though. Ghost Rider has NEVER had a max series in it's entire history. EVER. NOT A MATURE TITLE.
Didn't know that, thats very interesting. So the nerds are whinning for no reason. BTW, You try spending 120mil on a R Rated movie. Most of them don't even make it to 80mil let alone 120mil.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Didn't know that, thats very interesting. So the nerds are whinning for no reason. BTW, You try spending 120mil on a R Rated movie. Most of them don't even make it to 80mil let alone 120mil.

it's actually not the nerds who are even riding...the GR fans all seem to agree on this, but the people who know nothing about him other than "flaming skull biker demon" cant seem to get it through there heads that he was never an R rated character

The Joker said:
it's actually not the nerds who are even riding...the GR fans all seem to agree on this, but the people who know nothing about him other than "flaming skull biker demon" cant seem to get it through there heads that he was never an R rated character

or perhaps the ones who want an interesting movie rather than an identical adaptation of the comics? just a thought

If it wasn't a identical (which it isn't) adaptation, people would complain about that too. Besides, this movie would be interesting with a G rating so, there's no real basis for an argument towards an R rating.

FlameHead said:
If it wasn't a identical (which it isn't) adaptation, people would complain about that too. Besides, this movie would be interesting with a G rating so, there's no real basis for an argument towards an R rating.

Contrary to TheJokers radical statements I'm a comic fan and would like to see an R rating, but being a comic fan I would rather see the character and story given the best movie treatment regardless of its rating than stick too much to the comic and produce a poor movie. I know that when i see a comic movie with any of my friends (who none are comic book fans) I want them to enjoy the movie as much as I do, and that can only be acheived by producing the best possible movie experience, and I've come to terms that changes need to be made to adapt the story to the big screen and thats just the way it is, and so far its worked for many films.

The Joker said:
Ghost Rider is NOT a mature title, Punisher is. Punisher is a MAX book, aka comics for adults only, R-rated. Ghost Rider is a regular marvel book, rated A, which is essentially nothing more than a hard pg-13 as far as comics though. Ghost Rider has NEVER had a max series in it's entire history. EVER. NOT A MATURE TITLE.
And this includes when GR was killing people & roasting their souls, rather than roughing them up & giving them the penance stare.:ghost:
Granted, it's not a very kid-friendly book. But the movie could just be something that BARELY made the PG-13 cut.

Chris Wallace said:
And this includes when GR was killing people & roasting their souls, rather than roughing them up & giving them the penance stare.:ghost:
Granted, it's not a very kid-friendly book. But the movie could just be something that BARELY made the PG-13 cut.

No it's not very kid-friendly, but the movie is not PG or G. it's PG-13. It's only one step down.

gvcool2 said:
Contrary to TheJokers radical statements I'm a comic fan and would like to see an R rating, but being a comic fan I would rather see the character and story given the best movie treatment regardless of its rating than stick too much to the comic and produce a poor movie. I know that when i see a comic movie with any of my friends (who none are comic book fans) I want them to enjoy the movie as much as I do, and that can only be acheived by producing the best possible movie experience, and I've come to terms that changes need to be made to adapt the story to the big screen and thats just the way it is, and so far its worked for many films.

Yes but a change to R just for the sake of it being R is not warrented. You can (and they will) tell a damn good Ghost Rider story with the rating the way it is. Besides, it's just a freakin' guide set by some group of random people. It doesn't effect the movie at all.

Regardless, I just wish people would wait to see it before judging it over this little rating system

NDX said:
Second, Marvel's representative Arad said a while ago that all Marvel films would be pg-13. He might have been refering to the films Marvel will be making directly, or for all franchises in general. I think this was announced rigth at the start of filming of Ghost Rider, too.

When did he babble that out? Surely he wasn't thinking about Punisher 2. :o

FlameHead said:
Yes but a change to R just for the sake of it being R is not warrented. You can (and they will) tell a damn good Ghost Rider story with the rating the way it is. Besides, it's just a freakin' guide set by some group of random people. It doesn't effect the movie at all.

Regardless, I just wish people would wait to see it before judging it over this little rating system

don't get me wrong, I'm not condemening the film for being a PG-13 in fact I'm very excited for it, It's just I feel an R rating could really set the tone more, but I'm not one of these people who judge aspects of the movie before seeing it, if that was the case I would be on the Topher Grace Worst Brock Ever Bandwagon but I'm waiting for the film to be released so I can see his performance before I make any comments.

I Just want the best GR film to be made and damn do I wana see it now

I'm with ya GV. We all are. We all want to see the best Ghost Rider movie possible and I truly believe that we have the best team possible bringing it too us. It really says a lot when the studio is this supportive of the flick and I really dont' think we have anything to worry about.

Here's a good little article about the tone of Ghost Rider...
http://www.canmag.com/news/4/3/4516

A snippit:

Ghost Rider is aiming for a PG-13, but it will have a tough time with the MPAA because of all the flaming skull violence. The filmmakers are hoping that they can balance the tone of intensity with enough fantasy to keep the MPAA from slapping it with the R for reality-based gore.

An NC-17 Spidey? I can dig that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"