The Incredible Hulk: Rate this movie

ProfeZZor X

Master of all that is ice
Reaction score
Seeing that Universal will once again want to appease the parents out there that are giving their kids money to see this movie, what are the odds of them dulling down the Hulk's rage and giving this a PG rating?

The very least, I'd like to see it as a PG-13 movie, and let the Green Meanie do some serious damage to his green skinned opponents. But with so many endorsements lined up, and licensees begging to be a part of this powerhouse franchise, I fear the worse is upon us before the movie is even out.

So with that said, what should the MPAA rating be...

I don't see any Hulk movie being rated R ever, so I'd have to go with PG-13. Universal may want to please parents, but there's just no way to get Hulk down to a PG level simply because of the nature of the character, he's too violent.

Saying that, he should not be in an R movie either. The producers would never allow that. I'd bet money on PG-13.

I don't see any Hulk movie being rated R ever, so I'd have to go with PG-13. Universal may want to please parents, but there's just no way to get Hulk down to a PG level simply because of the nature of the character, he's too violent.

Saying that, he should not be in an R movie either. The producers would never allow that. I'd bet money on PG-13.

The Matrix trilogy is a perfect example of how accepting society is with an "R" rating... Look how successful that franchise was.

I feel that if people know the nature of the Hulk, then a rated "R" rating shouldn't be all that surprising, because it would allow diehard fans to get the much anticipated violence the Hulk is use to releasing, and the media would be all over the R rating controversy, generating more viewers... gotta love marketing.

Not only that, but parents are gonna let their kids see it anyway. Or kids will find a way to see it... After all, R rated movies are considered taboo to kids, but they still see it anyway.

Why isn't G up there?! :cmad: Plus it's the most likely chance that it will be rated G! HA! You should be ashamed of yourself...

The Matrix trilogy is a perfect example of how accepting society is with an "R" rating... Look how successful that franchise was.

I feel that if people know the nature of the Hulk, then a rated "R" rating shouldn't be all that surprising, because it would allow diehard fans to get the much anticipated violence the Hulk is use to releasing, and the media would be all over the R rating controversy, generating more viewers... gotta love marketing.

Not only that, but parents are gonna let their kids see it anyway. Or kids will find a way to see it... After all, R rated movies are considered taboo to kids, but they still see it anyway.

The tone of the Matrix trilogy was vastly different then the tone of the Hulk comics. Regardless of what comic fans want, the fact is 90% of all Hulk comics made are PG-13 in nature. We don't see the Hulk ripping off people heads and blood spewing everywhere. Part of this is because of how long the character is around, the comics from the 60's to the late 70's just weren't that dark. But the fact is with most mainstream Superhero comics aren't written in an R nature.

Not only that, but if you remember the last Matrix movies opening B.O. didn't beat Bruce almighty, and producers realize that.

Regardless of what fans want, producers want to make money and if you keep hulk pg-13 you'll make more money.

ok it doesnt need to be rated R hulk is violent but he aint the Punisher he damages buildings and stuff you can do that in a PG 13 movie look at Die hard the first 3 were rated M the 4th one is PG and it was a violent as hell movie some parts of it

Didn't Kevin Feige say that this movie is going to be a PG-13/12A?

But PG-13 is the way to go for this movie!

It sucks that it won't get a higher rating than PG-13. I'd love to see the Hulk knock some teeth out of the Abomination, or beat him to a bloody pulp like he did in that one issue.

Why isn't G up there?! :cmad: Plus it's the most likely chance that it will be rated G! HA! You should be ashamed of yourself...

He didn't put X-rating up there either...though I'm pretty glad that won't be an option.

PG-13 is good. But, as long as the Hulk is smashing things, I don't really care as long as it's not a kiddy film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"