This movie MUST be rated "R". Period.

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
THere's no need to try to expand on the potential audience by completely turning away from the whole lure of the franchise. PG-13 just won't cut it. I've seen some violent PG-13 films like Disturbia, Grudge, etc...but this one needs to be hardcore.

I'm sure you're all 100% with me but I'm hoping that Lexi or someone at Lionsgate reads this because I'm not interested in a watered down PG-13 Punisher film.

I realize that this will probably be 100% of you checking the R-Rated box. I'm not second guessing you guys. I just want to show how strong we all feel about this.

And why are you making a poll about this? Is there some question the film will not be Rated "R"? Rallying the troops to fight for it? Know what I mean?

I think if some noob popped up and made this poll, no one would think anything less of it, but you've clearly heard something to post this.

^ No I haven't heard a thing I'm just considering the performance of the 1st film and the pattern of softening the ratings on films even with loosening restrictions by the MPAA. I'm trying to take the initative to make a point just in case.

Actually I'm stupid. LOL I'll just ask one of my sources what they're doing. LOL Give me a few hours.

'Most of the Marvel Comics films are PG or PG-13 family fare, but Feige was quick to point out that “the ‘Blade' franchise was R, ‘The Punisher' was R, and we'll do another ‘Punisher' that is R.” As for any new R-rated superhero franchises, Feige remarked, “Absolutely open to it. You know, clearly with ‘Iron Man', with ‘Hulk' and with whatever ends up being the ‘09 movie, they're these big tent pole franchises that we're continuing to do. If we're successful with that on our own then I absolutely want to do [make R-rated features]. Maybe do a sub-label in which we do films like that.” '

I'm probably just over-concerned after the success of Die Hard 4. I'm gonna get triple confirmation tonight.

Ok I was just paranoid. 3 sources confirmed it's planned to be Rated R. This is not a DTV release either but I already knew that. Things could change but unlikely.

Heres hoping that Marvel goes the route of Disney, I mean setting up a studio specifically to handle r rated content. I'm still hoping for a true Punisher movie someday. I'll probably be in my 70's.

No movie MUST be R rated.
The idea alone is stupid.

Every movie MUST be handled properly for the material at hand.
If it´s R rated just for the hell of it, meaning, pointless gratuitous stuff, it´s stupid and.....well....pointless.
If they make a Punisher movie R rated, fine.
If they can make a proper Punisher movie being PG-13, fine too.
The only thing important is to be perfet for the characters at hand.

Isildur´s Heir;12544928 said:
No movie MUST be R rated.
The idea alone is stupid.

Every movie MUST be handled properly for the material at hand.
If it´s R rated just for the hell of it, meaning, pointless gratuitous stuff, it´s stupid and.....well....pointless.
If they make a Punisher movie R rated, fine.
If they can make a proper Punisher movie being PG-13, fine too.
The only thing important is to be perfet for the characters at hand.

It's not an issue anymore as it will be rated R but there are plenty of films that MUST be rated R do to the content. You don't want the screenwriter writing in anticipation for a PG-13 Punisher film. You want the studio to let the screenwriter go all out and not limiting R rated material with a lesser rating. Nobody said make it R just for the point of it. It needs to be Rated R because it's a Punisher film.

Dude i herd it was going to be rated PG-13.

It should be PG just like Spiderman.

OF COURSE IT SHOULD
BE RATED R!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back