Mr. Freeze Casting Thread

By the time Freeze could appear again, it will have been two decades since B&R. He's earned his f***ing way back. And there is no truth to there being a belief that Freeze as a character is campy.

Something to consider is that, in this reboot, Batman apparently dealt with and largely "fixed" Gotham some years back, until more recent days when things are going crazy again. This means that either Mr Freeze is a new villain ( not inappropriate, if he's part of a new wave of more over-the-top villains for a geared up JLA Batman ), or else they would need to decide upon his fate years back.

Personally, I'm partial to "Batman successfully reached him and convinced Victor to put aside his quest for vengeance", with Victor having spent the years since quietly working in some specially designed Wayne Industries lab working on medical research. I admit this would not make for a particularly useful movie villain.

tumblr_ml0jxoXF4g1rilwqdo2_540.jpg

Gimme dat deep freeze, WB.

Michael Fassbender. Just picture him with a blue-ish bald head and red goggles. :D It's perfect.

Haven't checked to see if he's been suggested before but...

Sky+Series+Night+100+Code+gASzzR_Snzil.jpg

... Michael Nyqvist.

I'm kind of wanting a younger Mr. Freeze at this point.

I like Rylance a lot actually. I think an older actor works better for Freeze. Adds to the tragedy of his character by making his search for a cure seem longer and hopeless.

Let me explain, that by younger, I mean early 30s.

I have no interest in seeing a younger Freeze unless it's for flashbacks.

Yeah i feel like it brings more gravity to to his pain and longing if he's older. Trying to bring his Nora back for 15 years or longer. I wouldn't mind if Nora was actually Dead and frozen, but his obsession with reviving her makes him blind to it.

Mr Freeze has the tendency to be played by Austrian actors (Premminger, Schwarzenegger), so I'd prefer this to continue. Waltz may be the obvious choice, but there are of course other who could do the role justice.

Eccleston is my choice. He'd be so perfect. Not against Bryan Cranston, though.

95% list is complete crap. Sorry. I hate that there isn't an other option, not that I have anyone else in mind now that I saw Eccleston and Cranston.

30_minute_project__mr_freeze_by_hornetprime-d4ez8ge.jpg

Why don't you make your own list then, mister smart guy?

No to Eccleston, that choice doesn't make sense
And he's already Malekith

Freeze should sound as much like Ansara as possible

Giancarlo Esposito or Tobin Bell.

God bless you all! God bless everyone!

Wrong Thread.

Last edited:
Daniel Craig cause his performances leave me cold. :awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"