The Official Mark Strong & Sinestro Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 90% sure that this is CGI instead of cloth, because this has been known for a long time (using CGI for the suits). And the other 10% is me not believing how GOOD it looks in this shot! If the rumors are true and Hal's costume will look like this in the end, then I have no problem whatsoever. In fact, Hal's suit looks great in that shot with Kilowog...

Sinestro is done perfectly! I was ecstatic to learn that Strong was cast for the part, but seeing him look THAT good, is really something!

This film needs to come out now:)I am so pumped for this it's not even funny.

I agree 100%

Not just yet. There needs to be more hype built up before release to attract more fans. This is only going to get better. Although this trailer revealed a lot that some of us already knew about the film and the character, there is till a lot more that hasn't been revealed. For one we have not seen Amanda Waller, Salaak, nor any of the other Lanterns that were mentioned to be in the film (outside Sinestro, Kilowog, and Tomar Re). Expect to see a lot more revealed in the Superbowl and TV spot as well and subsequent trailers in the following months.

Sinestro is by far the greatest thing about the trailer.

Yeah, thats why I kind of think it's a shame he had no lines and yet the comic relief guy had so many. Hopefully the second trailer has more of Sinestro and less of the comic relief guy.

Yeah, thats why I kind of think it's a shame he had no lines and yet the comic relief guy had so many. Hopefully the second trailer has more of Sinestro and less of the comic relief guy.
This! Let us hope that the portrayal of Sinestro is not the only good thing about this film.

Last edited:
Also very important: His skin doesn't look painted - it looks natural and real, as was promised/hinted by Geoff Johns (I think).

Sinestro is by far the greatest thing about the trailer.

Sinestro-1.png

So a cameo appearance of Sinestro (barely a second long) was the greatest thing about the 2 minute, 24 second trailer?

sinestroyellow.png

I guess seeing this would have been even better.

I think the greatest thing about the trailer is the fact that you could stop it and sill screen capture high quality images of different scenes. You could also replay it over an over to observe subtleties.

Yes, that is how video works.

But the greatest thing about this trailer was Sinestro

This dude is such a badass. It wasn't until recently when I rented Robin Hood that I finally put together the other films I'd seen him in (Kick-Ass, Stardust, Sherlock Holmes). If he's ever in a movie with Hugo Weaving I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

the sinestro pic he kinda looks like james marsters, i think its the head that makes him look like marsters.

BTW, is Sinestro left handed in the comics? He sure is in the movie cause he wears the ring on his left hand, judging by the pic he`s descending in front of the Power Battery.

"Sinister" was originally a word for left-handed people.

BTW, is Sinestro left handed in the comics? He sure is in the movie cause he wears the ring on his left hand, judging by the pic he`s descending in front of the Power Battery.
I'd be really happy if he's a lefty in the movie. It's such a small thing, but it just feels right if his ring is on the "other hand".

That would be a great fit; as long as they went with my favourite Dracula incarnation - the Hammer Christopher Lee-esque depiction.
:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back