World MTV Spider show

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get the dvd with the whole season and give it another chance. I wish they hadn't put it on mtv, then it might have had a better audience and had lasted longer. To have a cliff hanger ending to the last episode and no follow up sucks big time. I hate stuff like that!

It's changin' networks, so eventually it'd be back.

An' as fer th' show itself, it sucked. Bad. Out of order episodes, crappy stories...it was pure, utter CRAP.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP.

May whoever developed this thing go to hell an' DIE!

I have the first season on DVD. I got it the day it came out.:D
It's not that bad, it's still cool.:spidey::up:

I enjoyed the show (have it on dvd) I really don't like the lizard dying though.

I enjoyed the show but they made a mistake by constructing the image and dialogue around an MTV audience. I heard the second season was given a green light back this past Summer but I haven't heard anymore since. Does anyone have any news on this?:spidey:

well i dont know if this is part of that MTV show but it looks like theres going to be more i think

check it out- Hobgoblin: A test done by Foundation Imaging for a Spiderman TV series for Sony.

http://www.splinegod.com/spiderman.htm - theres videos and pictures

It does look ALOT like the show or unless they are doing a new spidey show

hobgoblin_gn.jpg

Ultimate Doom said:
well i dont know if this is part of that MTV show but it looks like theres going to be more i think

check it out- Hobgoblin: A test done by Foundation Imaging for a Spiderman TV series for Sony.

hobgoblin_gn.jpg

:eek::up:That's cool! Nice find!

i think they said it'll be coming back once sam rami and the others finish SM3.

Its interestng because the 90s tas ended with a huge cliff hanger, so did spider-man unlimited (but that was crap anyway) and behold, the same thing applies to the mtv show. I want this show to return, it was enjoyable to some degree but if it does return major changes need to occur.

I also want this show to return only if its better some stuff like...

- better stories
- no tie in with the movies
- Cool villains that were in the comics (turbo jet :confused:)
- People that actually change clothes (im tired of that purple undershirt peter :mad:)
- New Network to show on (NO MTV :mad:)

just little and big stuff like that.

No tie ins to the movie?? The show is based on the movie. Waht you want is a brand new spider-man series altogether.

I'd also like Columbus Circle. Fer you non NYers, Columbus Circle is th' area where ESU was located in th' show via all th' overhead shots. Columbia, which it's roughly based on, is about 60 blocks north of it on th' other end of the park. I also want a more realistic NY...theirs was too clean.

An' ya got yer wish, Doom; they announced a while ago it wasn't gonna be on MTV.

Ultimate Doom said:

hobgoblin_gn.jpg
Unlikely.

Basically they finished the season & there was no great demand for more. Y'know, Marvel doesn't do very well when it comes to cartoons.

The 1990's X-Men animated series was succesful. Why can't the Spider-Man show be succesful?

Partly because they couldn't figure out what demographic to aim it at; it was supposed to be based on the movies, they brought in elements of the comics (Kingpin, Silver Sable) but couldn't use certain villains for fear it would conflict w/the seccond movie & it wound up just mainly being for the TRL audience.

Linking it to the movie really did hold the series back on what it could and couldnt do.

I found the problems it has were awful stories, bad character design (apart from Spidey, I think he was the only good one), bad voice acting.

I cant see the point in bringing it back for another season, there were too many problems so I think starting from scratch is the best option.

One thing everyone can agree on... the Animation was killer.

That being said, they didn't even put very much stock in the stories, villians, or anything else. People say it was for MTV audiences, that means it was for the idiots that watch lame shows like TRL, 'Next,' either of their lame award shows, or the mindless music videos they play now.

MTV - Crap.

B.M.F. said:
One thing everyone can agree on... the Animation was killer.

That being said, they didn't even put very much stock in the stories, villians, or anything else. People say it was for MTV audiences, that means it was for the idiots that watch lame shows like TRL, 'Next,' either of their lame award shows, or the mindless music videos they play now.

MTV - Crap.
I wouldn't go so far as to call the MTV audience idiots; just a little less discerning than some of us. I heard a stand-up comic say the other day that "Cribs" should change its name to "Don't YOU fell like a failure?!?"

Okay, but wasn't everybody on the show pretty much an EMO? I have never seen Peter trase e-mails or hang out at a coffee stand. And that's just the tip of the iceberg on how their personalities were botched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"